Forums
Posted By: casper priorities - 17th Mar 2015 9:02am
What a wonderful caring world we live in, a petition to save the NHS has received 400,000 votes, whilst a petition to save a drunken millionaire bully from losing his job has received 900,000 the mind boggles, makes me wonder where peoples priorities lay.
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 9:14am
I take it you are talking of the piece of crap called Clarkson. I have often wondered what anyone ever found entertaining about a man so far up his own a#se.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 9:26am
Personally i've never had an issue with Clarksons school yard humour and he openly admits that he is mostly talking bs and I find the program entertaining. That said, it is sad day when a guy with enough money to retire comfortably can get more recognition than the NHS.
Posted By: palemoon Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 10:06am
An arrogant, obnoxious character. I have always been baffled by his popularity. Maybe he could spare a couple of his 'hard earned' millions to help out the NHS.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 1:35pm
It amazes me that 900 000 people think it is acceptable to be punched by bosses. Odious man.

Attached picture clarkson.jpg
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 2:27pm
We don't know the facts about Clarkson but the facts about the NHS are painfully obvious. I would put a 'yeh that' placard but can't find one.
Posted By: granny Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 4:56pm
Now he's a big girl. Can't stand the man. So far it would appear that nobody else seems to either. The support he has received, beggers belief.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 6:17pm
Originally Posted by granny
The support he has received, beggers belief.

The support is probably largely from the people who also think you should do away with taxes, parking fees, speed limits, ASBOs etc because they are too short sighted to realise the consequences.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 6:21pm
The loss of parking fees seems like a good one but not any of the others. I'm man enough to say I find him entertaining and i'm certainly not short sighted. Lots of people in the media and life in general could be classed as Marmite people, love or hate them.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 6:27pm
Counter- petition.

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/sack-jeremy-clarkson
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 8:58pm
Rudebox has just gone on my Marmite list...or is that Miss again? lol
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 9:06pm
lol wink laugh
Posted By: philmch Re: priorities - 17th Mar 2015 10:47pm
Just goes to show that petitions are a complete waste of time.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 9:23am
its called social media hate it,well most of it give me an old nokia any day
Posted By: Gibbo Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 10:49am
If the media gave the NHS petition the same airtime I'd guess it would get more response.

Sadly the counter petition that Rudebox posted was from last year when he was under fire for yet another indiscretion (the "Slope" incident)

Sign this one instead: Alan Partridge to replace Clarkson:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-hire-alan-partridge-for-top-gear
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 2:06pm
Love Alan Partridge smile
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 3:50pm
I didn't mind Clarkson,I think the secret is `not to take him to seriously.
Posted By: joeblogs Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 4:02pm
a like him he's just winding people up and they always fall for it
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 4:28pm
He's not winding anyone up, he's just a tit !
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 6:53pm
But tits can still be enjoyable to watch!!
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 7:17pm
Originally Posted by GeeMeister
But tits can still be enjoyable to watch!!

Wrong type of tit smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 7:35pm
I like clarkson devil
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 7:39pm
Originally Posted by Gibbo
If the media gave the NHS petition the same airtime I'd guess it would get more response.

Sadly the counter petition that Rudebox posted was from last year when he was under fire for yet another indiscretion (the "Slope" incident)

Sign this one instead: Alan Partridge to replace Clarkson:

https://www.change.org/p/bbc-hire-alan-partridge-for-top-gear
Or both. ;)I have. laugh
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 18th Mar 2015 8:22pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Or both. ;)I have. laugh

But yoo`s have all your soaps, `and the "remote" we don't get a look in! snob
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: priorities - 25th Mar 2015 1:35pm
http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/mar/25/jeremy-clarkson-top-gear-contract-bbc?CMP=share_btn_tw
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 25th Mar 2015 2:30pm
Great news thumbsup
Posted By: Anonymous Re: priorities - 25th Mar 2015 2:37pm
Chris Evans for ...top gear
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 25th Mar 2015 2:43pm
Just leave it with the two they already have, why replace the tit ?
Posted By: venice Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 10:58am
Originally Posted by Vanmanone
I didn't mind Clarkson,I think the secret is `not to take him to seriously.

Some bl*ody idiot does , unbelievably the BBC guy judged responsible for his sacking has had death threats !!!!!
Posted By: casper Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 11:50am
Its not about whether you like Clarkson or not, its about his behaviour, you cant put your hands on anybody without consequences, his belief in himself and his arrogance allowed him to stay in a pub with his two muppet mates keep everyone waiting and then demand a hot meal, he then struck a guy with whom he had worked and most probably been friendly with, oh how I wish it had ended up as broken nose Clarkson if the guy had retaliated, I wonder how that would have turned out, would Clarkson have been as forgiving as his victim I doubt it very much. But I bet that might have been a lesson for the arrogant prat, as for Hammond he is just Clarksons stooge to be berated and humiliated, what kind of man is that? but hey anything for money, never mind self respect.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 3:55pm
Would you of still quoted me had I said I disliked the guy,My post was in reference to dilly's post above mine which you seem to of overlooked wink Hey, am onto your game fella grin
Posted By: venice Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 4:07pm
If you're talking to me Vanman, I dont know what youre on about? I made a straightforward general comment?
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 4:18pm
Hi venice,It was aimed at casper`s post above mine,`sorry.
Posted By: venice Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 4:28pm
Ah ok no probs.
Posted By: casper Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 5:51pm
Vanmanone can you please explain what "game" it is you are referring to, my comment was not personal to you, a few people on this thread have mentioned that they like the guy that is their choice, when I quoted "its not about whether "you" like him" it was a generalisation, I was pointing out that its not about Clarkson the presenter, its about Clarkson the human being, one with a lot of failings in his attitude and contempt toward other people, if you feel I have caused you some distress then let me apologise it was not my intention, but let me assure you there is no game.
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 6:18pm
Personally, I have said it before, I really like the show and the guys involved. I especially like the satire and banter but I can see why it may seem offensive to some. As much as I like Clarkson I would not condone his actions regardless of cause. The action taken by the BBC following previous warnings is a fair one. I do not believe it is the last we see of the man and it will be the individuals choice to watch or not.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 6:30pm
Originally Posted by casper
Vanmanone can you please explain what "game" it is you are referring to, my comment was not personal to you, a few people on this thread have mentioned that they like the guy that is their choice, when I quoted "its not about whether "you" like him" it was a generalisation, I was pointing out that its not about Clarkson the presenter, its about Clarkson the human being, one with a lot of failings in his attitude and contempt toward other people, if you feel I have caused you some distress then let me apologise it was not my intention, but let me assure you there is no game.

No mate .. its no problem,I don't applaud his actions but i do like the show and don't think it will be the same again.
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 6:37pm
Would you of still quoted me had I said I disliked the guy,My post was in reference to dilly's post above mine which you seem to of overlooked wink Hey, am onto your game fella grin

How did I get involved with this ? smile
Posted By: Giggler Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 6:55pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

You`re just in the wrong place all of the time. Sorry I mean at the wrong time!!! party
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 7:03pm
Originally Posted by Giggler
Originally Posted by Dilly

You`re just in the wrong place all of the time. Sorry I mean at the wrong time!!! party

Damn Cheek smile
Posted By: Giggler Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 7:13pm
I know. Made me laugh. Was getting a bit heated. People getting upset with each other.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 7:14pm
For picking Alan Partridge .. Dilly frown your letting the side down grin
Posted By: Dilly Re: priorities - 29th Mar 2015 7:41pm
For picking Alan Partridge .. Dilly frown your letting the side down grin

Who would be your choice Van ? and please don't say Clarksonofabitch. smile
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: priorities - 30th Mar 2015 6:41am
We`ll bring this one back Dilly ..

Attached picture aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG
© Wirral-Wikiwirral