Forums
Posted By: venice What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 31st Jan 2015 8:55pm
Having lived a good part of your life, from experience what single piece of advice would you pass on to a young adult , that you think would help them in the future?
Mine would be to spare a minute in the evening to diarize records of their life.
jotting down (on paper or online) dates/times your job started, when you got a rebate, when your ordered something, when you spoke to the garage, the tax dept ,when your pay increase started , the day you complained about your rent,you got promised a refund etc etc etc. Being able to look back accurately makes life much easier.
Get off facebook and twitter etc.
Don,t let people put you in a pigeon hole.
Live your life as you see fit,be prepared
for the consequences of all your actions
and deeds !
Some sort of diary as above would be useful, certainly.
I'd say try to keep in touch with people you got on well with when you were younger or get on well with now (which might require use of facebook etc, of course!) When people go off to Uni or other training, get married, get a new job, move to a different area etc, all those social ties can be severed, which is sometimes a blessing (!) but sometimes a shame. My daughter lost touch with some of her school friends but found them again through social media after a gap of some years, and now they get together every so often and have a great time. I met my oldest friend fifty years ago (argh, I feel old!) and our friendship has d its ups and downs, but survived all sorts of hassles and separations. Good friendships are worth nurturing, and could well last all your life - a vital support network in difficult times, and a source of joy in so many ways.
Posted By: hagar Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 31st Jan 2015 10:54pm
Never force a fart!
Posted By: hagar Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 31st Jan 2015 11:20pm
now being serious 1.treat people how you would like to be treated. 2.never give anyone a job that you have not done(u don't know what is involved)
Take time to talk to your older relatives & try & learn something from the past.
"Never ever use the word "Diarize"
Hello Venice, I'm sorry to hear you have a touch of the Diarizes,try some Imodium it may help.
Only ever do the bare minimum amount of work required to get by & always get at least 8 hours sleep per night.
Aha! Is 'philmch' a Greek name by any chance? laffin seeyu
Tatey , with a memory like mine, its about the third most used word in my daily vocabulary !!! grin

Ludwig - you are too kind! grin
steer clear of religion or any gods
grab every oppertunity you get.
Be all that you want to be.
oldman
Always have a good bed and a good pair of shoes - because if you are not in one you are in the other. smile
Accept responsibilty in your life.
Know that it is you who will get where you want to go,no one else.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 1st Feb 2015 8:29pm
Never admit to it.
Always be honest to yourself and others and find something good in everyone.

Also, practice what you preach ! laugh
Make the most of your life, we are only here for a short visit.
Some crackers there peeps .
Oh! and also, never eat yellow snow.
Never go anywhere near Birkenhead whilst it still stands!!
Never lend more money than you can afford to loose and always remember the quickest way to get rid of someone from your life is to lend them some money...
Travel, travel travel!

Anywhere. Go see the world
Do it on a shoestring budget if you have to.
Do any work you can while travelling - it is all experience

LOTS of opportunities for youth voluntary work if you want to do it a bit more organised than just "have passport, will travel". No special skills needed - just a pair of hands and a kind heart.

Goferit

Snod
What ever life throws at you pick it up and throw it back
Originally Posted by hagar
Never force a fart!

raftl raftl raftl raftl
From my 39 1/2 years experience I'd say, travel whilst you can, I had my kids quite young and lost the opportunity.

Go with your instincts - if it's too good to be true it usually is, if it feels wrong it usually is.

When you become a parent get yourself a big jar, box, tub and write down the little gems that your kids do and say because they are quickly forgotten but will always lift your spirits when life gets on top of you (which it will at times).

And there is always a light at the end of the tunnel, even though the tunnel can seem really long and dark at the time.
Never eat anything bigger than your head.

K
If you are going to marry a girl ::::::::::make sure you have sen her mother first
laffin
"Cross your bridges when you come to them". (Do not worry about things that might not happen)
"Forgive yourself now and again" {We all make mistakes)
Posted By: Dilly Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 4th Feb 2015 10:46am
Originally Posted by Dilly
If you are going to marry a girl ::::::::::make sure you have sen her mother first
laffin

seen her mother smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 5th Feb 2015 8:07am
Oh you smooth dilly xxx
Originally Posted by lollipop
Oh you smooth dilly xxx

don't panic, I have seen yours smile xxx
Always be nice to uncivil servants when your after something, you may have to get something else from them anyway it confuses the hell out of them, they expect people to jump down their throats and are ready for that.
If at first you don't succeed

Give up, you would probably shit at it anyway smile
An empty sack won't stand up.
Emigrate
Posted By: hagar Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 5th Feb 2015 10:35pm
spot on diz,if i was 20/30 years younger i would go now!
Posted By: Dilly Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 7th Feb 2015 11:30am
Originally Posted by hagar
spot on diz,if i was 20/30 years younger i would go now!

if I was 20/30 years younger I'd be happy here smile
Don't eat daffodil bulbs
Posted By: Dilly Re: What Advice would you pass on to a young adult - 7th Feb 2015 11:58am
Originally Posted by granny
Don't eat daffodil bulbs

or light bulbs smile
Stay single , trust no-one , never get married or bring a new life into this cruel world !!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral