Forums
Posted By: granny The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 11:04am
Depending on your attitude...is this funny or not ?

raftl raftl raftl

Published on 2 Sep 2014

The pirouetting Palace guardsman: Soldier captured on video showing off his dance moves to delighted tourists (but top brass aren't so impressed)
Grenadier Guard filmed busting moves while guarding Buckingham Palace
Military sources have said the soldier can expect disciplinary action

[youtube]02LxH1D7N5c[/youtube]

Although,what a miserable so and so to dob him in on you tube
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 11:25am
Shameful behaviour, if I were his CSM his feet wouldn't touch the ground, remove him from his regiment..flogging would be too good for this guy. Disgrace how we have fallen in this country.
Posted By: granny Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 12:10pm
I agree with you Oxton Hill, he should get his punishment...whatever it results in.
I still find it amusing , probably because it's something we have not seen before.

On the other hand, what should be the outcome of this behaviour, of which I don't find amusing. Surely they too should be held to account?

http://now-here-this.timeout.com/20...ficers-dancing-at-notting-hill-carnival/
Posted By: OxtonHill Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 12:32pm
If I replied what I think about those police officers I'd probably be censored & thrown off the forum.
Posted By: casper Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 1:20pm
He's got some bottle, going to be in deep doo doo, Guards regiments are / were renowned for their foot drill.
Posted By: JGL4693 Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 2:50pm
Maybe he took it a little too far, but Jesus people.. cheer up!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 4th Sep 2014 6:55pm
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
If I replied what I think about those police officers I'd probably be censored & thrown off the forum.

what's so bad about it? it's not as though they are at a funeral.

hate to hear what you think of this then wink

[youtube]F1HqiUeKpyg[/youtube]
Posted By: s7uajones Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 5th Sep 2014 5:38am
What I think is, for what it's worth
Is that the guard one is staged and the cop one is real
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 5th Sep 2014 9:24am
I should think that a lot of us who were in the forces did something outlandish, oh yes, and we took our nourishment for doing it. One bored guardsman or what? Seems odd that's there have been no statements or leaks since. Could be a photoshop set up looking at the stills the guardsman looks a bit action manish I think.
Posted By: Helles Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 5th Sep 2014 10:16am
I reckon it was Prince Harry?
Posted By: granny Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 5th Sep 2014 11:57am
Originally Posted by Helles
I reckon it was Prince Harry?

Could well be Helles. Here is another more detailed version. Definitely a set up. It would appear that the only one posted on youtube is this one captured by Andy Richards. Maybe a charity raising gimmick.

http://www.lbc.co.uk/buckingham-palace-guard-caught-pirouetting-on-duty-96455
Posted By: fish5133 Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 5th Sep 2014 11:45pm
This guy has lots of excellent clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWFq-v7TKdQ
Posted By: GeeMeister Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 9th Sep 2014 10:18am
Personally I think its a con, his drill is too poor to be a guardsman; obviously I could be wrong.I agree with Bandy with having taken the shilling and done some rediculous things a line would definately been drawn at doing something like this on official duty.
Posted By: Madge Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 9th Sep 2014 11:09am
having been posted with the guards at various times, it is way too poor to be a real guardsman, that box if it is where i think it is is not patrolled 24hrs, well it never used to be, but its a long time since i was there, if so it is possible someone dressed as one spoofed this,

Posted By: Madge Re: The pirouetting Palace guardsman - 9th Sep 2014 11:21am
tried to edit the post but left it too late, cos i thought initially it may have been round the back of clarence house where the brickwork is similiar, but as they pan out its buck house, so last bit about not guarded is wrong, although the boxes at buck arent all 24hr, but its liek letter from god to get in there lol
© Wirral-Wikiwirral