Who are more intelligent, women or men? smile
Posted By: little_pob Re: Intelligence - 23rd Jun 2014 9:53pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dilly Re: Intelligence - 23rd Jun 2014 10:16pm
MEN ! God I wish I'd had the brains not to have said that smile
Posted By: j_demo Re: Intelligence - 23rd Jun 2014 11:47pm
more emotional intelligence: women
more general intelligence: men

and that's GENERALLY speaking, i do not wish to discuss individual cases.

you may get better answers if you asked "how long is a piece of string?" though xD
Posted By: Salmon Re: Intelligence - 24th Jun 2014 5:35am
http://www.angryharry.com/esMenareMoreIntelligentthanWomen.htm

However I cannot understand a word Professor Susan Greenfield says!

There is no doubt in my mind that women have incredible memories for storing things that have been said or done which have annoyed or upset them whilst men generally forget such things as simply part of life.So this sort of goes against the professor.I guess the answer is we are all equal but some more so than others.
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Intelligence - 24th Jun 2014 8:22am
Men have bigger brains which doesn't mean they are more intelligent
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: Intelligence - 24th Jun 2014 8:50am
Neither, as a race we are so varied that there are idiots and geniuses in both genders. Also, for example, some people may be academic geniuses but are completely dead in the water when it comes to real world intelligence skills (common sense, social interactions, rational thought, etc). Others may excel in these areas, but lack academic skills.

'Intelligence' covers too huge a scope and humans far too varied for an answer beyond neither.

I would say that intelligence as a whole is getting worse though.

Originally Posted by j_demo
you may get better answers if you asked "how long is a piece of string?" though xD

Twice the length from the middle to the end wink
Posted By: Alonso Re: Intelligence - 25th Jun 2014 12:28am
Dunno who are the most intelligent, but from experience, I do know that a fellow (male) driver is far more likely to acknowledge me when I stop to afford him precedence, when i have right of way on the road, than a woman driver will, many of whom are totally oblivious to courtesy.
Time and time again when it happens I wonder if it's pure ignorance or just lack of concentration, or maybe they are simply engrossed in intelligent thought.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Intelligence - 25th Jun 2014 2:10pm
who cares?

My wife has a degree, teaches 27 kids in the morning and 20 in the afternoon,--works late at home marking, reports ofsted statistics etc earns around 35K

but asks me to change a flat tyre
Posted By: Dilly Re: Intelligence - 25th Jun 2014 2:25pm
Originally Posted by fish5133
who cares?

My wife has a degree, teaches 27 kids in the morning and 20 in the afternoon,--works late at home marking, reports ofsted statistics etc earns around 35K

but asks me to change a flat tyre

She is not soft then smile
Posted By: granny Re: Intelligence - 26th Jun 2014 5:59am

Attached picture 954651_201992379967795_1396070850_n.jpg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Intelligence - 26th Jun 2014 6:15am
100 % common sense from the father smile
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Intelligence - 27th Jun 2014 6:08pm
As said above you get clever and stupid people in both genders, but I do find in most situations a lot of women respond more to emotions and needs where men tend to take a more logical approach on what will have the best long term outcome.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral