Forums
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Hodgkins Lymphoma - 7th Feb 2014 10:21pm
My 23 year old brother has recently been diagnosed with the above. None of the family had even heard of this prior to the diagnosis A charity night is being held at the Poulton Vics on May 2nd. All are very welcome. I have created a donation page on behalf of my brother. All proceeds will be split between him and the lymphoma charity.
Also if anyone has any donations for raffle prizes, all will be truly appreciated.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-my-brothers-lymphoma-battle/x/933970
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma - 7th Feb 2014 10:59pm
So sorry to hear this 'news' Shaun. My thoughts are with your brother, you and your family. Stay strong and stay positive.

Best of luck with your fund-raising Event- I shall share on Facebook.
Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma - 7th Feb 2014 11:05pm
Thank you very much. So kind.
Posted By: granny Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma - 8th Feb 2014 12:34am
Shaun, what difficult news that is for you all to deal with and I'm very sorry.
The best possible care is delivered in this area, they are a tremendous team.
Please stay positive for each other and good luck with your fund raising event.

Posted By: ShaunTheSheep Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma - 8th Feb 2014 12:46am
Thank you granny
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Hodgkins Lymphoma - 8th Feb 2014 8:57am
Hi Shaun, my 18 year old brother had stage 2 hodgkins lumphoma and after battling through chemo and being an absolute inspiration by still going to college on his good days, we got the news in December right before his 19th birthday, that he was in remission.

One of his friends had stage 4 at the age of 16, he's now 19 and living a perfectly normal life. I hope hearing this has helped to put a positive spin on the horrible situation, honestly the only thing that got me through the fact my little baby brother was going through all that was knowing that there are success stories and just being positive about the situation and making him feel normal by not fussing and just seeing his smile everyday.

If you need to talk to anyone who knows exactly how you're feeling, PM me any time, any day and I'll reply as soon as I see. Honestly, it helps to talk and get your feelings out, I cried most of last year but my brother never saw that and it made me stronger to be able to deal with it smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral