Forums
Posted By: Bizzybee1 What a waste! - 23rd Jul 2013 7:12pm
The longest, hottest spell of weather for years and the only outdoor swimming pool for miles around lies idle alongside Bubbles, New Brighton. Dry as a bone. Shame!
Posted By: kendo Re: What a waste! - 23rd Jul 2013 7:28pm
I think it would only take a dozen or so people to fill it. Hardly a replacement for New Brighton outdoor pool, more a token gesture.
Posted By: cathie Re: What a waste! - 23rd Jul 2013 8:53pm
I recently discovered the outdoor paddling pool in Rhyl...absolutely fantastic, just what New Brighton needs. It's not enormous, it had a shooting fountain area, was painted in yellow (to represent sand) and blue (to represent the water), it has a wall around so you don't feel the wind, we had a fab time :-)
Posted By: Sallybear Re: What a waste! - 23rd Jul 2013 9:32pm
I'm sorry guys but are you all blind?? We have been down to Leasowe after work each night for a lovely hour or two long dip in our wonderful FREE swimming pool which is the SEA!! Ok the life guards are gone by 5pm but it's lovely and clean and safe and FREE and there's loads who go, and if you don't want to go alone come with a few of us and meet up.

If you really can't stand the sea, then the brine pool in Nantwich is amazing, cheap and big and quiet and no one telling you what to do.

And if salt water isn't your thing, then get down to the River Dee near Eccleston Ferry it's amazing, cool, clear, SAFE, and refreshing.

If anyone in the area needs ANY information on wild swimming spots, both sea or fresh water, let me or GIBBO know and we will gladly fill you in. If you have no transport we will probably take you with us.
Posted By: Pablo Re: What a waste! - 23rd Jul 2013 10:01pm
^cant say any more than that
Posted By: ASE71 Re: What a waste! - 23rd Jul 2013 10:20pm
Originally Posted by Sallybear
I'm sorry guys but are you all blind?? We have been down to Leasowe after work each night for a lovely hour or two long dip in our wonderful FREE swimming pool which is the SEA!! Ok the life guards are gone by 5pm but it's lovely and clean and safe and FREE and there's loads who go, and if you don't want to go alone come with a few of us and meet up.

If you really can't stand the sea, then the brine pool in Nantwich is amazing, cheap and big and quiet and no one telling you what to do.

And if salt water isn't your thing, then get down to the River Dee near Eccleston Ferry it's amazing, cool, clear, SAFE, and refreshing.

If anyone in the area needs ANY information on wild swimming spots, both sea or fresh water, let me or GIBBO know and we will gladly fill you in. If you have no transport we will probably take you with us.

withthat
Posted By: bizzybee Re: What a waste! - 24th Jul 2013 6:36am
I think a clue, in what point the OP is making, is in the title of the thread. The fact is, there is a lovely little swimming pool, sitting next to a children's play facility, that has just been completely unused during all the hot weather. The title of the thread is spot on. What a waste.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral