Forums
Posted By: Sneezy King Street - 5th Oct 2012 9:12pm
Anyone live near or on King Street Wallasey ??
Looking at moving to the end that joins onto Seabank Road......any opinions ??
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: King Street - 5th Oct 2012 9:31pm
Lots of police action with drug raids (lots above the day care centre) and assaults I lived up the road for 3 years, was wary of going out at night, saw daylight drug deals more than once, got hassle off youths (I'm only in my late 20's myself) and wouldn't have my blinds open as i didn't want to get broken into for my tv ect, had the lead off my kitchen roof nicked! so wouldn't suggest it hun x

* I moved out of there a month ago so it's pretty up to date
Posted By: Fireblade Re: King Street - 5th Oct 2012 9:40pm
Any opinions ......Dont..,;-))
Posted By: Tilly Re: King Street - 5th Oct 2012 10:00pm
we lived in Rudgrave square for too many years...
they should of renamed it Drugrave square.
same advice as above...Dont!
Posted By: boogaloo Re: King Street - 5th Oct 2012 11:15pm
hiya it depends really is it a house or flat. if its a flat by the shops then its not very nice alot of smack heads live near but i live on the end of seabank road king st way and tbh ive never had any trouble and everyones very nice. we all help each other out if needed and have a firework party every year xx so upto hun xx
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 9:46am
It's a flat at the end of King Street, built on the old cinema site.
Posted By: ludwigvan Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 10:22am
If you want to live like Charlton Heston in the Omega Man go right ahead,otherwise run and keep on running!
Posted By: Chorizo Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 10:31am
I woukdnt advise it its pretty rough around that area. I live in seacombe and I feel safer here than I would here and that's saying something!
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 10:42am
Thanks everyone.....think I'll give it a miss then....shame as it was a nice flat.
Posted By: Nighteyes Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 2:21pm
ooh the kids cause those flats no end of bother
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 3:00pm
You will get it were ever you go there's not a place on Wirral crime free. Drug dealing is everywhere now and will not change no matter what the law do. Its something we all have to put up with. At the end of the day you live in the house not the street. Your home is what you make of it..
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 3:26pm
LMFAO laugh

Cracking topic, top marks.

Anyone else care to throw a dig in?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 3:30pm
On a serious mnote you are probably best not moving in there anyway.

The noise levels will be horrendous in that building, the traffics not good as king st is a main road.

As beehive states theres good and bad everywhere you go, even warren drive has its share of idiots.

good luck smile
Posted By: j_demo Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 6:56pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
As beehive states theres good and bad everywhere you go, even warren drive has its share of idiots.

first hand experience of this, i live on said 'drive' (it's more of a 'road imo) and my neighbours *house number withheld* are complete and utter nutjobs! but tbh the rest of the road are nice people.

but my advice re: king street, avoid it.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 7:46pm
Thanks to everyone who offered advice....much appreciated.
Looking elsewhere now smile x
Posted By: leeboy1968 Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 8:20pm
I grew up in church street and then have lived in a number of places since then (new brighton,birkenhead,moreton).
I now live on trafalgar road(murder capital of wirral a bobby once told me)and i do agree that some of the ... bags they have moved into the area have made a little more lively than it was, but i would never want to live anywhere else as the local people are down to earth and would do anything for you.
They hate the bagheads just as much as you and don't tollerate them.Never been broken into,never felt threatened.
The flats you are on about look really nice and you have door security there so i wouldnt think twice about moving to this area.
At least if there is a problem you would have a number of your neighbours out to help you sort any scumbag out, unlike a posher area of this town who would cringe behind their curtains.
New tesco's just been built on the door step, good newsagents and a co-op,post office all within a hundred yards.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 10:07pm
Originally Posted by leeboy1968
I grew up in church street and then have lived in a number of places since then (new brighton,birkenhead,moreton).
I now live on trafalgar road(murder capital of wirral a bobby once told me)and i do agree that some of the ... bags they have moved into the area have made a little more lively than it was, but i would never want to live anywhere else as the local people are down to earth and would do anything for you.
They hate the bagheads just as much as you and don't tollerate them.Never been broken into,never felt threatened.
The flats you are on about look really nice and you have door security there so i wouldnt think twice about moving to this area.
At least if there is a problem you would have a number of your neighbours out to help you sort any scumbag out, unlike a posher area of this town who would cringe behind their curtains.
New tesco's just been built on the door step, good newsagents and a co-op,post office all within a hundred yards.

Fair enough.

What leeboy fails to mention is that the co-op charge treble prices compared to asda and the newsagent is ran by people who don't smile.

smile

Posted By: nidgynoo Re: King Street - 6th Oct 2012 10:38pm
Jane who runs the Newsagent on Trafalgar Rd is lovely if that's the one you are talking about...all the staff are nice too. Yes the Co-op is more expensive but as Leeboy says, Tesco are opening too..will be interesting to see how they both fair but saying that a short bus or car journey either way takes you to Morrisons.. I used to live in Stringhey Rd and never had a problem. The Nellie was my local and have had many a good night in there...not so sure what its like now though ( the Nelson that is).
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 9:12am
Right ....moving buddies !!!
What about Kimberley Road (off WithensLane)...... any opinions on that area ?? smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 9:28am
Originally Posted by Sneezy
Right ....moving buddies !!!
What about Kimberley Road (off WithensLane)...... any opinions on that area ?? smile

Quite a nice area, parking is restricted (not much space) and the traffic can be quite busy at times due to the school on withens lane.
I used to live round the corner from there on rake lane, never had any problems, i also know a couple of people in that area and they have never had problems.

I would live there if it was not for the limited parking and im fussy lol
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 10:47am
Thanks Ste...it's gone now frown
Will keep looking smile
Posted By: MikeT Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 11:59am
Anyone live near or on King Street Wallasey ??
Looking at moving to the end that joins onto Seabank Road......any opinions ??

Came to this a bit late, but looked at a flat (buy to let) in the building opposite where the cinema used to be (junk shop on corner, post office, chippy in front, flats at the back of that block). Decided against it after chatting to a local resident who said the immediate area is full of smackheads and assorted lowlife bussed in from the North End.

Some years ago the police caught the residents of those flats trying to tunnel into the vault of the post office.
Posted By: boogaloo Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 2:10pm
Totally agree with leeroy. Such a shame its now gone. I was going to suggest meeting me so i could show you the good and the bad xx
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 2:31pm
Thanks Ste...it's gone now frown
Will keep looking smile

You wouldn't of wanted it anyway sneeze, there a few drug dealers in that road. smile
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 3:31pm
Will keep on looking.......fed up seeing the same old places now though, wish some new let's would pop up smile
Posted By: j_demo Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 3:50pm
what's your budget???

www.gmproperties.co.uk have a few nice places.
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 4:23pm
Looking for at least a 3 bed for approx £500 - £525pm......bit of a long shot I know because anything that size in that price range is either grotty or in a sh*te area!!....just hoping to strike lucky, you never know smile
Posted By: Fireblade Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 5:39pm
Sneezy, get your arse over those bridges,for that
money you'll get a decent gaff,Claughton,Oxton,Prenton
Posted By: Sneezy Re: King Street - 7th Oct 2012 5:59pm
Can't do that Fireblade......needed to leave a 29 year marriage and get away, so came back to my childhood home NB .....love it so much, need/want to stay as near as possible. smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral