Forums
Posted By: granny Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 4:34pm
Just another day with more reports of severe weather conditions in Japan.
As a topic of converation, what do you think all these terrible extremes of weather all over the world could be attributed to?

I think it's getting really serious. The maze in this country hasn't grown, the fields are too water logged to bring in the heavy machinery to harvest the crops (which are late anyway). The wheat crops in America have failed.There aren'tany apples on my trees this year. The bees seem to have been drowned, and wasps, where have they gone to? Etc.etc.etc.
After all the rain we have had this summer throughout the country, I only hope there are not any severe gales. The ground will be so wet that the trees are likely to be wrenched up, partuclarly the likes of conifers, as they have quite shallow roots.
Maybe we should consider changing the crops we grow, to e.g. rice!
Does anybody think it could have to do with the earthquakes that have taken place over the last few years? We hear all sorts of possible reasons, and I wonder if you have any views on this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 4:38pm
my mum says we all laughed at david ike in the 80s ( iam not sure who he is ) but whos laughing now...
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 5:35pm
It's just the earth going through one of its cyclical changes, it's been happening since whenever. The climate change gurus are just jumping on the band wagon. We're due a magnetic flip soon as well, no doubt something will be blamed for that. It will all settle down again eventually. UK isn't particularly a maize growing country anyway, never heard of when I was a kid.

David Ike was a football league goaly (Coventry I think), who suddenly decided he was the son of God,now if that isn't worth laughing at then I don't really know what is.
Posted By: Veronica_Blay Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 5:40pm
Climate change is upon us. This fact has been recognized by the majority of nations worldwide as shown by several international meetings specifically targeted at reducing this effect. And although people are becoming more and more accepting of this fact, the only doubt that still remains in many people's minds.
Posted By: dave_h Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 6:00pm
too many cows farting
Posted By: 47fld Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 6:15pm
just like to say what do the wasps do anyway ..totaly nothing just sting they dont contribute anything,,,do they ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 6:23pm
never ever telling my mum anything again...bloody ex footballer..i thought he was a weatherman or something

thankyou bandy...i dont look silly do i..lol
Posted By: fillbo Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 6:29pm
Originally Posted by 47fld
just like to say what do the wasps do anyway ..totaly nothing just sting they dont contribute anything,,,do they ?

Wasps click me
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 6:43pm
this is just what goes and comes around,its been going on for millons of years,we will be in another ice age soon and then we wont,its just another thing to tax us on,one big con like the b&g bridge mad
Posted By: joeblogs Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 7:05pm
Originally Posted by joeblogs
this is just what goes and comes around,its been going on for millons of years,we will be in another ice age soon and then we wont,its just another thing to tax us on,one big con like the b& bridge mad
Originally Posted by joeblogs
this is just what goes and comes around,its been going on for millons of years,we will be in another ice age soon and then we wont,its just another thing to tax us on,one big con like the b&g bridge mad
sorry b&q bridge
Posted By: Alonso Re: Worldwide Weather - 30th Sep 2012 8:25pm
I watched a Horizon programme, a few years back, shown on the BBC. Sometime during the early part of the middle ages, rain fell on Britain for 10 years solid. It was responsible for a famine that killed huge swathes of the population. From memory: there was no satisfactory explanation offered, but it was devastating to the thousands struggling to survive, whatever caused it.

When the volcanic eruption spewing billions of tons of ash into the atmosphere recently occurred, scientists were commenting that we could have wet summers for years to come. Something is causing the jetstream to cover the British isles during the summer months, instead of it positioning itself much further north. Could this be the reason?

I remember summers when I was a kid; the tar used to melt in the roads the days were so long and hot. When did we last have summer days like that which seemed to last for weeks?

I think these things are just the vagaries of the British weather. In our lifetimes we have to take the good with the bad. It's all part of life's rich tapestry.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral