Forums
Posted By: johncon sonic mouse deterant - 24th Jun 2012 6:00pm
Hi does anyone know if the plug in sonic mouse deter-ants you can buy work i have mice in my garage don't really want to keep using traps just wondered if anyone had used them with any success
thanks
Posted By: Sneezy Re: sonic mouse deterant - 24th Jun 2012 6:18pm
I'm absolutely petrified of mice so I bought one for every room in my house after seeing a mouse..... As far as I'm concerned they worked.....I was scared of turning them off so just left them plugged in for about a year !!!! smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: sonic mouse deterant - 24th Jun 2012 6:31pm
I've used the battery version of these for a while. I go regularly to Bothies in the hills. They are usually hoochin' with mice and you can't leave any food out anywhere. I put one of these in a room - NO MICE at all. It chases the critters away to another room. Limited range - one unit per room, but they do work. Next best thing to a cat ! There's also plenty of catch 'em alive traps on the market too. You have to be up to releasing them (away from the house) though !!

Your House Mouse/Field Mouse etc. are beautifull creatures. I don't like killing them if it can be avoided.
Posted By: Volly Re: sonic mouse deterant - 24th Jun 2012 8:53pm
I have one in my workshop and so far, so good.
The other units close to me have mouse problems but I never have.
Posted By: Spiritdancer Re: sonic mouse deterant - 11th Jul 2012 12:58pm
No, they certainly do not work in my opinion.

Was working once, doing a sleep in at a tenants flat. D had been having trouble with a couple of mice and purchased three of those plug things to try and get rid of them and she told me when I arrived she had still seen the mice.
That night, I went into the kitchen to get a coffee, switched the light on and a mouse was actually sat on top of the plug thing....enough said?
The next day, the council came and sorted it!

© Wirral-Wikiwirral