wirral forums

Tattoo's not welcome here!!

Posted By: Sallybear

Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 6:36am

Wasn't sure where to put this. So please feel free to move the post if it's in the wrong place.

After a recent incident in a certain drinking/eating venue in Oxton, it has become apparent that some managers and/or owners of the borough's venues are quite frankly.....well I had better not say exactly what I think here.

A customer, who has been quite a regular customer for some 6 months since the places opening, took off an item of clothing (jacket) to reveal tattoo'd arms. And was politely or not so politely actually, told to leave and not come back.

Are there any other tattoo unfriendly places that you know of? How many of us on here have tattoo's?? And shall we arrange a get together at this place just to annoy them?
Posted By: bigtalk2011

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 6:43am

that annoys me as i went for an interview and have my kids names on my kneck and a tattoo on each arm when i took off my jacket he saw my tattoos and wen teling me about the job he said i woud have to wear a long sleeve top to cover my tattoos which i think is a disgrace
Posted By: StuyMac

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 7:02am

Nothing against Tattoos, but I see it as a dress code type thing.

If a place requested smart dress, would you be offended if you where asked to leave wearing jeans and t-shirt?

As for the job, I suppose again, its a bit like wearing a uniform. There are of course certain jobs where you will not get the job if you have uncoverable tattoos - I guess they could be seen as intimidating?

I personally dont have any, so fortunatly neither situation has ever been presented to me.
Posted By: Rickie_Robbo

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 7:14am

maybe there's abit more to it than tattoos ? maybe without realising ur friend has racial symbols. ? i know over the years alot of symbols/tattoo's have been added to the list because of films and stuff. take the rottweillers on edward nortons back in the fil american history x. not racial at all but now because of that film they r a racial symbol.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 7:52am

sometimes sally its just very small minded people, who are just not keeping it real. i wonder how long he will trade for under those silly rules. maxine
Posted By: helenb234

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 7:53am

I have tattoos down both arms and I know I get a lot of funny looks because of it, people automatically judge you for it. I think its bad that this customer was asked to leave I would refuse to do so, after all we tattooed people are causing no harm yet discrimination is dealt to us on a daily basis
Posted By: Sallybear

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 8:10am

Well she doesn't have any symbols, and she dresses quite suitable for the venue. It has really made me think to be honest and I wouldn't recommend anyone parting with a single penny of their hard earner money in that place.

She has been going in there for ages with not a single problem, it should be against the law. She should sue them for discrimination.
Posted By: johnny

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 8:26am

i work in the tattoo industry and i have certain beliefs that i keep to my opinion only i.e. nothing above the lower neck and nothing below the wrists but let me say the growing popularity of this billion pound industry and the amazing works of art that are available to the growing population of tattooed people will not accept the prejudices aimed at them.... my advice is stuff the joint and spend your money where it is valued... i am 50 soon and heavily tattooed but you cannot see them if i go out likewise my wife is 55 and tattooed and holds a good valued job in a christian company with no probs
Posted By: reddragon

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 8:33am

Originally Posted by StuyMac
Nothing against Tattoos, but I see it as a dress code type thing.

If a place requested smart dress, would you be offended if you where asked to leave wearing jeans and t-shirt?

As for the job, I suppose again, its a bit like wearing a uniform. There are of course certain jobs where you will not get the job if you have uncoverable tattoos - I guess they could be seen as intimidating?

I personally dont have any, so fortunatly neither situation has ever been presented to me.


Just to add to the above I was on security and applied for a desk posting on days and due to me having a tattoo with my daughters names on I was informed I was not suitable due to the need to wear shirt sleeve order ie short sleeves.
Sallybear has your friend asked why he/she was refused and has she contacted the brewery for as you say discrimination and also are there any sgns reference no tattoos?
Posted By: cathie

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 8:41am

I have tattoos that are easily covered, I have them on the back of my neck, my boobs, my lower back, my foot, my stomach, they can be displayed when I want to and covered when I need to.

I'm due to get my next one in May...when you've had one you'll want more :0)
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 8:46am

fact cathie, they are moorish. max
Posted By: Helles

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 9:06am

Think it is wrong to discriminate although some people with them on their necks and faces can look intimidating. Tramp stamps always make me laugh. Foreign writing is a joke because hardly anyone can read it and you only have the word of the tattooist about what it reads.

Personally I would never have one because I don't see the need. If you want art, buy a painting. Having said that, it's your body and you can do what you like with it.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 9:08am

i have a mate that is a real gent and softie lol ,yet he has a full plain black sleeve (from upper arm to wrist ).... yes thats right lol no design just a fully blacked out arm

and he is always looked at oddly or pointed at hahahah ....

quite funny sometimes watching people overreact to it without knowing him haha

we joke about him being a fully payed up member of the black hand gang hahahahah
Posted By: helenb234

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 9:33am

Tattoos are an art form and to be discriminated against for expressing yourself is wrong!
Posted By: Upasaka

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 9:35am

I'm covered in ink, and wouldn't change a thing..
Posted By: eggandchips

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 9:48am

i'm nearly 60, and have tattoos, in fact last one was done only last month, to celebrate my life with my wife, who passed away in feb,
Posted By: ex0__

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 10:08am

So they asked her to leave and she just left? And you won't name the place?

You didn't by any chance hear this from a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend who knows this person's cousin, or something along those lines, right? smile
Posted By: Nelzy84

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 10:13am

Originally Posted by eggandchips
i'm nearly 60, and have tattoos, in fact last one was done only last month, to celebrate my life with my wife, who passed away in feb,


Sorry to hear that E&C, fully support tatts with a meaning, Bull dogs etc are tacky but when there is a meaning behind it i think its great, my fiance had one done on her foot last year with the name of her cousin who died aged 22 from a massive diabetes low
Posted By: Moonstar

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 10:32am

I don't have any tatts because I am a wimp.

However, I can see that in the future there will be competitions in Care Homes for the Elderly.
Posted By: Spica

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 10:43am

Go on Sally, name the venue.
Posted By: DeanoBirko

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 10:56am

I live other peoples tatoos but wouldnt get one.

I think it is wrong to discriminate but if there is a policy in place then it needs to be adhered to.

Traditionally, Tattoo'd people are not viewed as the arty type.

Unfortunatley, people do stereotype.

Long Black hair, eyeliner, tatoos = Acceptable
Shaved head, tatoos = Unacceptable.

like they have spent a lot of time in prison.
Posted By: TheDr

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 11:05am

I don't like tattoos, nothing against anyone having them, just not something I've ever felt I wanted to do.

I think it's because of the permanency of them, there are very few things in my life that will never change, however when the day comes that my final marble has rolled out of its bag I'm reasonably sure that I will still remember my daughters name, and if I don't, finding a strange name indelibly marked on my skin could give me quite a shock, either way, I'll pass.

My daughter, on the other hand, loves tattoos, and at 18 went off and had some done. Unfortunately she had the "my friend is working in a tattoo shop and will do it for free..." type, in other words, not brilliant, by someone who is learning, so for her 21st I agreed to buy her a full "across the shoulders and part way down the arm" design done by a "guest pro".

Still not my thing, it looks a lot better (even though there is a lot more of it) and she loves it, which is the main thing, however referring to the original post, if she was ever asked/told to leave somewhere just because she had a tattoo I would make sure that whoever did so regretted their actions.

There are numerous "celebrities" sporting tattoos, and I have no doubt whatsoever that if one were to eat in this greasy spoon that the owner would have a picture taken with them and put it up on the wall, they would tell them to get out because they didn't like their ink.

What's next, no blue shirts because the boss is a red ?
No leather jackets because the waitress is a vegan ?
No red heads because the managers flame haired wife left him ?

They are in the service industry, the key word being SERVICE, you expect everyone to be different, and as long as they're not being abusive or offensive, you get on with it.

Name the place, pass it on to the local rag and either show them up for who they are or find out the full story.
Posted By: Fireblade

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 11:39am

It would'nt be in The Oxton Bar would it ,;-))
Posted By: ludwigvan

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 11:54am

Originally Posted by Fireblade
It would'nt be in The Oxton Bar would it ,;-))
That would be my guess Fireblade,it's a very up itself boozer,full of past it middle aged medallion wearing poseurs.
Posted By: OxtonHill

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 11:59am

Originally Posted by Fireblade
It would'nt be in The Oxton Bar would it ,;-))

Doubt it coffee

My money would be on what was "Villa Jaz" but is now some upmarket winery.
Go-on Sallybear tell us, or everyone is going to start naming everything in the village boohoo
Posted By: Fireblade

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:02pm

My moneys still on The Oxton Bar ,.-))
Posted By: OxtonHill

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:07pm

Originally Posted by Fireblade
My moneys still on The Oxton Bar ,.-))

Do you know something we don't Fireblade sherlock
Posted By: Sarah_ZR

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:08pm

That's terrible that Sally

I happen to have tattoos myself and would be very angry I'f I had been told to leave ?

So I got my boyfriends name on my wrist and few more dosnt mean I'm going start a kick off?
Posted By: yewgarth

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:32pm

Originally Posted by cathie
I have tattoos that are easily covered, I have them on the back of my neck, my boobs, my lower back, my foot, my stomach, they can be displayed when I want to and covered when I need to.

I'm due to get my next one in May...when you've had one you'll want more :0)


Can i come and have a look? smirk
Posted By: KevinFinity

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:34pm

I would never have one. I think they all look awful however each to their own. Discriminating against them like that is like something from the days of old, if it really happened as the tale suggests. It sounds really odd indeed.
Posted By: kevinhit

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:37pm


Ha Ha! the Oxton Bar, now that does make me laugh! Obviously a tattooed persons money isnt good enough for them! SHAME on them
Posted By: OxtonHill

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:53pm

Originally Posted by kevinhit

Ha Ha! the Oxton Bar, now that does make me laugh! Obviously a tattooed persons money isnt good enough for them! SHAME on them

Happened quicker than I thought, We don't know where in Oxton village this occured yet dunno
Posted By: cathie

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 12:59pm

Originally Posted by yewgarth
Originally Posted by cathie
I have tattoos that are easily covered, I have them on the back of my neck, my boobs, my lower back, my foot, my stomach, they can be displayed when I want to and covered when I need to.

I'm due to get my next one in May...when you've had one you'll want more :0)


Can i come and have a look? smirk


haha cheeky ;0)
Posted By: Lightning

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 1:55pm

Originally Posted by eggandchips
i'm nearly 60, and have tattoos, in fact last one was done only last month, to celebrate my life with my wife, who passed away in feb,
So sorry about your wife eggandchips.i dont have any tattoos,I don t mind them ither.
Posted By: Fireblade

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 2:08pm

Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Originally Posted by Fireblade
My moneys still on The Oxton Bar ,.-))

Do you know something we don't Fireblade sherlock


wink wink
Posted By: OxtonHill

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 2:11pm

Originally Posted by Fireblade
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Originally Posted by Fireblade
My moneys still on The Oxton Bar ,.-))

Do you know something we don't Fireblade sherlock


wink wink


Tell me, it will be our Secret laffin
Posted By: Sallybear

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 2:34pm

It wasn't from a friend of a friend, I'm not some gossip monger here, I am saying this because I am genuinely annoyed over this, I won't directly name the place, because there is another part to this story where someone has lost their job and the people involved are all family. It's not the Oxton Bar, and it can't be Villa Jazz as it isn't there any more....hint hint
Posted By: Fireblade

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 2:38pm

Sorry Oxton Bar, it must be Collins the greengrocer then ,;-))

BTW a mate of mine was asked to leave The Oxton Bar
a few years back because of his Tattoo's
Posted By: Necronuss

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 4:31pm

This really gets on my nerves, if some of these places realise how much some of this ink is actually worth the would be shocked.

I am a proud owner of 2 full sleeves of ink and have my lower legs done as well but no public skin. It makes you laugh though, I have been stopped going into many a pub/bar because of my ink but only to see ladies with the usual lower base of back tattoos allowed in to the same establishment. One rule for one I think.

These places do not deserve the ink adorned clientele, and hopefully they will feel it in their pocket in the long run...


My body is a temple......it just needs a bit of decorating!!!
Posted By: WallaseyHead

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 4:47pm

When you have a tattoo, you make a decision.
Posted By: mrhanky

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:05pm

Originally Posted by WallaseyHead
When you have a tattoo, you make a decision.


and chances are regret it about five years later wink
Posted By: WallaseyHead

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:14pm

Exactly. When you're 60 with some stupid tattoo then you'll look like a muppet.

*Just my opinion.
Posted By: BandyCoot

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:17pm

I've got one on my upper arm, drunken night out in HK, but still wish I hadn't bothered. If someone wants to be a sailor lady then that's up to them but while the skin is taught it looks fine, once the skin gets saggy and wrinkly and the ink lines run into each other, like mine do, and the colour fades then it won't look so clever. As for the establishments, it's up to them who they allow in I suppose but your money just goes elsewhere instead.
Posted By: Sallybear

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:25pm

Colin would never ask someone to leave the shop because of a tattoo and i can promise you that, it was the xxxxx or whatever it's called and the new management are total (insert expletive here)'s
Posted By: OxtonHill

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:33pm

Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Originally Posted by Fireblade
It would'nt be in The Oxton Bar would it ,;-))

Doubt it coffee

My money would be on what was "Villa Jaz" but is now some upmarket winery.
Go-on Sallybear tell us, or everyone is going to start naming everything in the village boohoo


I Win, thought it would be there, Its their loss Sallybear. bananadance
Posted By: Sallybear

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:34pm

Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
Originally Posted by Fireblade
It would'nt be in The Oxton Bar would it ,;-))

Doubt it coffee

My money would be on what was "Villa Jaz" but is now some upmarket winery.
Go-on Sallybear tell us, or everyone is going to start naming everything in the village boohoo


I Win, thought it would be there, Its their loss Sallybear. bananadance


Totally their loss, the person or people involved are lovely and would and HAVE spent money in there.

I would like to think anyone reading this might think twice before spending even a single pound in there.
Posted By: manic28_am

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:36pm

I have a tattoo on my leg, where for my job working in a school, it wouldn't be seen by employers, colleagues or the children. No one can see it unless I want them to, so no complaints.

We know people stereotype and judge people with visible tattoos, which is why I decided mine would not be a visible one and I've no problem with that.

If I did have ink all over my lower arms etc, I wouldn't complain if people misread it as threatening as I know that is the world we live in.

Cover up and carry on. There are plenty of other ways to express yourself. Get as much ink as you want, but either expect reaction or have it where it won't be seen! I think the advice to sue the bar in Oxton is absolutely absurd.
Posted By: Fireblade

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:42pm

Originally Posted by Sallybear
Colin would never ask someone to leave the shop because of a tattoo and i can promise you that, it was the Courtyard or whatever it's called and the new management are total (insert expletive here)'s


The Colin quote was a joke,as i know Colin ,;-))
Posted By: OxtonHill

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 5:54pm

Originally Posted by Sallybear
Originally Posted by OxtonHill
[quote=OxtonHill][quote=Fireblade]It would'nt be in The Oxton Bar would it ,;-))

Doubt it coffee

Totally their loss, the person or people involved are lovely and would and HAVE spent money in there.

I would like to think anyone reading this might think twice before spending even a single pound in there.


I wouldn't go in there, even if they were giving it away free. Sallybear is the gentleman local? You would think in this day and age this type of discrimination would have been left in the past. oldman
Posted By: jabber_Ish

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 7:25pm

if there is no sign saying no tattoos id have stayed put until i was "physically" removed by their staff and then gone all the way to the courts for discrimination against human rights !

ive tatts done on leg chest and arm !

nothing fancy, non of this arty farty tribal..

just ancient celtic designs that have been found in this county
including caern abbass, uffington horse and life spirals
Posted By: lauralou2

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 27th Apr 2012 8:33pm

well i have several tattoos only 2 where you can see them unless im naked tho haha!and im honestly dont see the harm as long as they not offensive (swasticas etc) it is art and nothing more not intended to offend and unlike the "olden days" not just for prisoners etc!!
Posted By: DavidB

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 6:25am

I have tattoos but I think the majority are hideous. People treat them as a fashion accessory and I don't think they will ever become accepted in 'professional' occupations. The worst thing that could happen is you feel you are having your human rights affected by not getting a job, and then treating them as if it is like an affliction or even a disability.
Posted By: arwen444

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 8:43am

all us tatooed people should get together and book all the tables for the evening and see how many they turn away when their nights trade would be ruined.
Posted By: _Ste_

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 10:11am

Tattoos are queer, what's it all about? My bitch has tattoos, I don't agree with them, friggin idiotic if you ask me!

Hey, look at me, I'm a moron that blows money on makin myself look stupid hi
Posted By: Lightning

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 10:45am

How much is it for a tattoo anyway?
Posted By: jabber_Ish

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 10:54am

approx £70-80 per hour
Posted By: Lightning

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 11:05am

what for all that pain lol.
i do like tattoo but not a body covered in them.
some employers wont allow staff to have hickies on there neck never mind tattoos.
Posted By: jabber_Ish

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 12:56pm

most places arent painfull when tattood

although some areas are !
Posted By: lansyp

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 4:31pm

just heard that the shrew is having its annual tattoo convention lol,me and my mate drunk in there for years until he got his nose pierced and they refused to serve him .i bet it was the same guy .its all because the toffs like peter johnstone and his cronies who stand at the end of the bar looking down on us minions ,its a nice pub but prattish owners ,we should all put our tattoo piccys up on here like the photos of our pets thingy
Posted By: hoseman

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 4:49pm

Whos this peter Johnstone etc??
Im inked, out of sight quite a bit. I would gladly go there and flash the tats, let them try throwing me out, first touch would be assault.....the second would be self defence m` lord!!!
Anyone for a `meet`?? flex
Posted By: Sarah_ZR

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 7:14pm

Originally Posted by _Ste_
Tattoos are queer, what's it all about? My bitch has tattoos, I don't agree with them, friggin idiotic if you ask me!

Hey, look at me, I'm a moron that blows money on makin myself look stupid hi

Really !
Posted By: _Ste_

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 7:14pm

Oops only just read the first post.

That is ridiculous!

So what if someone goes in there with a big scar down their face? Will they be turned away too? Or a disabled person? Will they not be allowed the wheelchair in there?

Snobby gits, how about I go in there with oil covered overalls?

Posted By: Sarah_ZR

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 7:16pm

I happen to have tattoos for a reason !

Not to look like an idiot

Hate judging people

Don't talk about anything you don't know about
Posted By: ludwigvan

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 7:18pm

Spare room tonight Ste?
Posted By: Sarah_ZR

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 7:21pm

Lol I'm staying out
Posted By: lansyp

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 10:44pm

peter johnstone is mr park hampers and owner of tranmere
Posted By: Wench

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 28th Apr 2012 11:55pm

I have tattoos (and 8 piercings) and have another planned. Each of mine were done for very personal reasons and not as "fashion" like many are today.

I'd be annoyed if I was asked to leave, but it's their pub/bar so they can make their own rules. It would be their loss, not mine. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

The people that feel that way always make me wonder what they'd do if they came across this gent - would they still feel the same way if their life depended on it?

*As for the comment about "hickeys/hickies" (however you spell it) - hardly the same. They're disgusting! And the swastika comment - until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck. I do believe that it could be found on some American & Finnish Armed Forces uniforms in WWI too.


*I couldn't be bothered going back to quote the posts concerned as it's been a very long day & I'm too tired frown


Attached picture tattooed-doctor.jpg
Posted By: Sarah_ZR

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 12:01am

Same here wench

Mine are very personal to me

My view is people like them
Or they don't

Each to there own but don't think it's right for
People to judge orthers
Posted By: BandyCoot

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 10:03am

Wench, noticed the thing about swastikas. If you every go to the bombed out Cathedral in Coventry there is a sarcophagus in there with a statue of a previous Bishop in full regalia, his cloaky thing is decorated with swastikas. With regards to the tats also, I was on the Cenotaph parade in London with the Submariners and two of us got sent to the back of the platoon for being incorrectly dressed (no beret), anyway we ended up next to some old folks and asked what they were doing there and we were informed that they were Concentration Camp Survivors Association members. One of the lads, we'd been at the hip flasks, said "Show us your tats", whereupon one of the old ladies took her coat off and showed us the number on her arm and was rewarded with a slug of pussers rum. They were very nice people and we had a good morning with them.
Posted By: Raven61

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 1:37pm

Earliest archaeological evidence of swastika-shaped ornaments dates back to the Indus Valley Civilization of Ancient India as well as Classical Antiquity. Swastikas have also been used in other various ancient civilizations around the world. It remains widely used in Indian religions, specifically in Hinduism, Buddhism and Jainism, primarily as a tantric symbol to evoke 'shakti' or the sacred symbol of auspiciousness. The swastika is also a Chinese character used in East Asia representing eternity and Buddhism.

Following a brief surge of popularity in Western culture, the right-facing swastika was adopted as a symbol of the Nazi Party of Germany in 1920. The Nazis used the swastika as a symbol of an alleged Aryan race. After Adolf Hitlerís rise to power in the 1930s, a swastika was incorporated into the Nazi party flag, which was made the State Flag of Germany. As a result, the Swastika became strongly associated with Nazism and related ideologies such as Fascism and White Supremacism since the 1930s in the Western world and is now largely stigmatized in the West. It has notably been outlawed in Germany if used as a symbol of Nazism. Many modern political extremists and Neo-Nazi groups such as the Russian National Unity use stylized swastikas or similar symbols.
Posted By: granny

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 4:16pm

Originally Posted by WallaseyHead
Exactly. When you're 60 with some stupid tattoo then you'll look like a muppet.

*Just my opinion.


Agreed. Personally they are not what I would call attractive, apart from maybe some of the smaller ones. Each to their own.
I don't think any bad press will destroy the business mentioned, as it will only encourage more of those who have adversities towards tattoos, to use the place more.
Posted By: WallaseyHead

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 4:39pm

.
Posted By: WallaseyHead

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 4:41pm

Originally Posted by lansyp
peter johnstone is mr park hampers and owner of tranmere


Johnson.
Posted By: lemonhead

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 4:43pm

i have a few tatts, non offencive, a few bands that i like, kids names and wifes name, my dad ect RIP i would hate it if people treated me different for having them, as in the pic posted by wench, what the eye can see, i dont have any above the collar or below the sleave, as a job matters to me and people do judge, if you want to get inked get it done
Posted By: Tatey

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 5:57pm

Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Wench, noticed the thing about swastikas. If you every go to the bombed out Cathedral in Coventry there is a sarcophagus in there with a statue of a previous Bishop in full regalia, his cloaky thing is decorated with swastikas. With regards to the tats also, I was on the Cenotaph parade in London with the Submariners and two of us got sent to the back of the platoon for being incorrectly dressed (no beret), anyway we ended up next to some old folks and asked what they were doing there and we were informed that they were Concentration Camp Survivors Association members. One of the lads, we'd been at the hip flasks, said "Show us your tats", whereupon one of the old ladies took her coat off and showed us the number on her arm and was rewarded with a slug of pussers rum. They were very nice people and we had a good morning with them.


Deserved a flagon of her own Bandy!
Posted By: dave_h

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 6:01pm

Originally Posted by Sallybear
Colin would never ask someone to leave the shop because of a tattoo and i can promise you that, it was the xxxxx or whatever it's called and the new management are total (insert expletive here)'s


wirral globe it hahaha!


Posted By: Sarah_ZR

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 29th Apr 2012 6:39pm

.
Posted By: Mark

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 30th Apr 2012 7:28am

wikiofftopic

If you wish to know the name of the place in question please private message the topic starter.

Do not post any names please.

Thank you.

Admin
Posted By: hoseman

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 30th Apr 2012 3:54pm

Originally Posted by lansyp
peter johnstone is mr park hampers and owner of tranmere


Well im sure Mr johnson is a very important man in his own little world !!!
Posted By: Raven61

Re: Tattoo's not welcome here!! - 30th Apr 2012 4:49pm

I doubt if Peter Johnson will be objecting as he now lives near Lake Geneva in Switzerland.
© 2020 Wirral - wikiwirral.co.uk