Forums
Posted By: granny 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 8:19pm
In contrast to my most recent post on Life and Death topic, that portrays light, love and peace but if you read about it, also a warning. The following link for 2012, is very dark and deep and already in the 4th month.
It is lengthy and covers many areas of historical interest including extracts from Revelations (Bible), Nostradamus, ancient civilizations, natural disasters, wars and astrology. Some of it may be ‘far fetched’ in the collation of material to achieve the end result, and no doubt, attempting to cause concern and even panic. I hasten to add, that in my experience, the forecast of disasters and catastrophic events, is something which provokes ghoulish interest. People in general, nearly always seem to have more fascination for delving into the unknown, darker side of life, rather than the lighter side, which offers more hope.
With this in mind, how do you feel after reading the following link? Does it fill you with fear; do you believe in those who can prophesize, or of the ancient civilizations, capable of making predictions for 2012 and is it worthy of discussion?

Whatever your thoughts and comments, there are some very interesting facts to be observed.

What plans will you make to fill the last 8 months of this possible apocalypse……just in case?

21st December 2012.. could we all be doomed!

http://2012apocalypse.net/

Posted By: dave_h Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 8:26pm
this type of thing really pisses me off, scaremongerers cashing in on a misinterpretation of a calender that runs well into the 40th century, its the end of a cycle, before a new one starts, nothing referenced, all some knobheads conjecture, fooking bullies in my opinion, im gunna be bold and say we will be fine, ill do my damnest to make sure of it aswell hahaha
Posted By: ASE71 Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 8:28pm
LOL, Some people have too much time on their hands to come up with this type of bullshit.

There is nothing scientific about it. Its simply an old calander ending and a new one beginning....... But the Mayans believe that a new calander = new universe, which must mean that our current one will explode and we all die...... TUT!
Posted By: Schuu Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 8:46pm
Fact .. IF it happened there would be no one left to say "I told you" anyway so to ergo not worth thinking or worrying about imo.
Posted By: seabreeze66uk Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 8:53pm
The Mayans predicted the world would end 21st dec 2012.. A roman Ceasar introduced leap years after the Mayans were all dead . This means the date that the Mayans predicted happened about 7 months ago
Posted By: NJC1971 Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 9:02pm
21st December 2012. Does that mean I needn't bother with Christmas shopping this year? Yay!
Posted By: lansyp Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 9:09pm
the end is nigh again
Posted By: Chorizo Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 9:40pm
Originally Posted by seabreeze66uk
The Mayans predicted the world would end 21st dec 2012.. A roman Ceasar introduced leap years after the Mayans were all dead . This means the date that the Mayans predicted happened about 7 months ago

withthat
Posted By: Jinxi Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 10th Apr 2012 10:53pm
I was planning to save up and go on holiday alone go Sept when kids go back to school. Shall i just get a loan, get better holiday because i won't need to pay it back? ;-)
i am joking - just go case !
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 11th Apr 2012 12:08am
Originally Posted by dave_h
this type of thing really pisses me off, scaremongerers cashing in on a misinterpretation of a calender that runs well into the 40th century, its the end of a cycle, before a new one starts, nothing referenced, all some knobheads conjecture, bullies in my opinion, im gunna be bold and say we will be fine, ill do my damnest to make sure of it aswell hahaha

withthat

I'm sick of hearing about it, yet I'm shocked at how many people truly believe it's going to happen
Posted By: dave_h Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 11th Apr 2012 12:16am
Originally Posted by seabreeze66uk

dates on their predictions go way beyond 2012, end of the 13th b'ak'tun thats all it is

wasnt the julian callender wrong, im sure some catholic priests proved it, theres a small room above the museem in vatican city that shows it was out, not by much though, hence the change to the current system
Posted By: philmch Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 11th Apr 2012 11:27am
In a word...bollocks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 11th Apr 2012 5:43pm
21/12/2012 the day the internet crashes and people don't know how to tell us what they had to eat on facebook.
Posted By: granny Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 11th Apr 2012 6:30pm
raftl
Posted By: swatnutz Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 11th Apr 2012 6:50pm
the same shizzle was the same in 2000 were they predicated the end, however this intel is based on the mayan calendar and also coincides with a planatary alignment, the same as 2000, not the fact that this planet has been suffering these effects for the last five years, some people even build web sites for the worriers out there, my money is, if i open the door on the 12th dec 2012, and its still pissing down, were ok :-)
http://www.mayanpredictions.net/

Posted By: yewgarth Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 13th Apr 2012 11:32pm
Well i'm having the last laugh. I've took out a massive loan, when the earth blows itself up in December i won't have to pay a penny back! How clever am I?
Posted By: Tranquil Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 14th Apr 2012 8:07pm
Great Birthday present im going to have this year then...

My prediction for the 22nd of December a bloody good hangover! haha

I dont beleive it will happen any time soon, BUT with the amount of space rock floating around out there or the threat of Nuclear Weapons / War and terrorists i guess anything is possible!

Posted By: dave_h Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 16th Apr 2012 10:11am
well its not going to be planet x, cant see the fooking thing, as said previously, people cashing in on something that is not their, bunch of fooking bullies in my opinion preying on the weak, shame it wasnt dec 22nd 1012 a.d - the scare mongerers could of been tied to a post and burnt haha
Posted By: Capt_America Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 16th Apr 2012 5:55pm
I've crossed my diary out after the 21st!
Posted By: Zelda2012 Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 25th May 2012 3:27pm
If it happens then so be it.nothing we can do about it anyway.
and if it does happen we won,t live to tell the tale.

I have read the book of enoch which of course the church does not recognise even though it was before christ.
Enoch does write as if he was there eg:i saw this - i asked that - i was told.

anyway lets not worry what ever will be will be
Posted By: dave_h Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 25th May 2012 4:48pm
Originally Posted by Zelda

I have read the book of enoch which of course the church does not recognise even though it was before christ.

we wont be able to do anything unless we try, all it takes it that attitude and the attitude let someone else deal with it for it to go to pot, to quote from julius ceaser our fate is not in the star but in ourselves
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 27th May 2012 6:44pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
Well i'm having the last laugh. I've took out a massive loan, when the earth blows itself up in December i won't have to pay a penny back! How clever am I?
wish id thought of that........
Posted By: TheDr Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 27th May 2012 7:27pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth

Depends if it's a Wonga loan, there's probably something in the small print to cover your afterlife smile
Posted By: ex0__ Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 27th May 2012 9:03pm

we wont be able to do anything unless we try, all it takes it that attitude and the attitude let someone else deal with it for it to go to pot, to quote from julius ceaser our fate is not in the star but in ourselves

You do understand this is meant to be a religious 'apocalypse' type scenario, right? That's the entire point. There's nothing you could do. Course anyone that believes we're going to suddenly all die in 2012 is batshit insane but I digress tease
Posted By: Anonymous Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 27th May 2012 11:13pm
Originally Posted by ex0__

hey ex0 i miss judged you ..apolagies you are a very intelegent lady x

You do understand this is meant to be a religious 'apocalypse' type scenario, right? That's the entire point. There's nothing you could do. Course anyone that believes we're going to suddenly all die in 2012 is batshit insane but I digress tease
Posted By: granny Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 27th May 2012 11:54pm

Not quite ex0. It's a mixture of religions, science, astology and prophesies. If predictions have been made it doesn't make much difference what they are connected to anyway. We all have interest in various things such as astrology,magnetic fields, the ancient Greeks and civilaisation and how wonderful they all are.Also, Galileo's calendar ended in 2012, if you have seen his chart.Ironically, when the cards are down, everyone poo poo's all of this, because it suits.Just goes to show how 'fake' everyone is today. Anyway, that is not important, because next year there will probably be another list of possible reasons for the next Apocalypse.
The only thing I don't understand,..... is 'batshit insane' What does that mean? Dare I say, a very strange expression!!

Posted By: ex0__ Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 28th May 2012 7:49am
I had to look it up myself, ha.

Etymology

Presumably from batty (“crazy”), itself from earlier "have bats in one's belfry", from tendency of bats to fly around erratically. Possibly influenced by or derived from apeshit, particularly in phrase go apeshit.
Posted By: granny Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 28th May 2012 10:40am

Etymology

Presumably from batty (“crazy”), itself from earlier "have bats in one's belfry", from tendency of bats to fly around erratically. Possibly influenced by or derived from apeshit, particularly in phrase go apeshit.

Had a look also and it doesn't make much sense. Rediculous expression and sometimes interlaced with some other, not very nice words. Not having a go at you ex0, just saying.
Got to fly the flag this week, it may be the last time.

Attached picture uk74.gif
Posted By: dave_h Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 28th May 2012 6:31pm

Etymology

is that another term for rabies?
Posted By: granny Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 2nd Jul 2012 9:41am
Here is something I meant to post ages ago. It should put everyone's mind to rest. There are some lovely pics on the link below too, for anybody who is intereted smile

"In reality, the Maya still live all across the Maya world and they are looking forward to the date as a giant celebration. It will be, according to one writer, “A peace loving year filled with generous acts of kindness, inspiring cooperation.” December 21, 2012 (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count) will be the beginning of a new 52,000-year cycle."

http://www.metbelize.com/maya%20ruins.html
Posted By: Dorrie Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 2nd Jul 2012 3:53pm
I think on the 21st of December we should all hold hands that way there will be safety in numbers and hopefully nothing can happen or at the worst only those on the ends will be picked off, or, of course we may all go together but in unity which will be nice.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 2nd Jul 2012 4:03pm
Or we could all log in on facebook chat and be together that way...
Posted By: Sanchez Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 2nd Jul 2012 4:07pm
Most sports where a race is the sport operate on a track that usually ends where its starts. How do we know the end isn't actually the start, a new start.
Posted By: Dorrie Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 2nd Jul 2012 4:15pm
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Or we could all log in on facebook chat and be together that way...

We could all log into wikiwirral and be together that way but it would be a race to see who could type the last word before we went. I'd be miffed if it wasn't me.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: 2012 Apocalypse- Is It Really Coming? - 2nd Jul 2012 4:39pm
Ha Ha, so we all need an equal start.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral