Forums
Posted By: louise127 my smelly washing machine - 15th Sep 2011 4:41pm
Hiya aLL

Does anyone knnow how I can remove the smell of musty/dampness from my washing machine, Ive shoved bleach in and put on a hot wash, empty, but it still stinks, also Ive cleaned the bit where you put the powder........im lost here people
Posted By: Wench Re: my smelly washing machine - 15th Sep 2011 4:48pm
Put a couple of old towels in on a boil wash and add baking soda and white vinegar instead of washing powder/liquid. Some say use dishwasher powder too, but baking soda & vinegar work brilliantly. Make sure you leave the drawer and door open slightly between washes too.
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: my smelly washing machine - 15th Sep 2011 4:49pm
is there a round hole with a plug in at the bottom right hand side of the washer remove it and clean the crap out of the filter

you will need lots of towels for the water
Posted By: reddragon Re: my smelly washing machine - 15th Sep 2011 7:06pm
if you find that hole on front of mackine put machine on empty cycle and then once emptied push machine back against a unit and then remove the filter cover have a bowl nearby
Posted By: Sallybear Re: my smelly washing machine - 15th Sep 2011 8:58pm
I had the same problem, bought this from Sainsbury's did the trick.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dr-Beckmann-Service-It-Washing-Machine/dp/B0037LK0EU
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: my smelly washing machine - 15th Sep 2011 9:07pm
Wenche's final comment is the cure - leave detergent drawer and door slightly open, if it stays damp in there you get mould growth which is what smells. If you're washing every day then unfortunately you have to resort to chemical methods.
Posted By: louise127 Re: my smelly washing machine - 16th Sep 2011 4:44pm
thanks bought some today from tesco's £2.80 great stuff, washer smells great now, really appreciate the help peeps
Posted By: shar215 Re: my smelly washing machine - 5th Oct 2011 8:01pm
bi,carb on a hot wash .mind how much you put in .and try not to use the washing liquids that wash at 15 degrees ..try going back to the old washing powder .
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: my smelly washing machine - 5th Oct 2011 8:44pm
Don't forget to leave the door ajar when not in use. Doesnt have to be gaping, just off the latch wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral