Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 29th Mar 2010 12:24pm
The irritating bedtime habits of British couples have been revealed in a new survey.

The “tuck and roll”, where a person holds on to the edge of the duvet and rolls away from the other, leaving them in the cold, was identified as the biggest cause of complaint, cited by four in ten couples.

This is followed by the “midnight shuffle”, where one sleeper moves away from the other and is slowly followed across the bed by their partner, the survey of 1,000 revealed.

Eventually, the creeper forces the other to hang precipitously off the edge of the bed until they are woken up and crossly sent back from where they came.

Nearly a fifth – 19 per cent – of respondents aged between 25 and 50 complained about the problem.

Other irritating problems are grinding teeth, snoring, talking and fidgeting, according to the study by Debenhams.

An obvious cause for concern, flatulence under the covers, only actually accounts for one per cent of complaints.

Ten per cent of those questioned had got so annoyed with their other half’s habits that they had pushed them out of bed.

Those suffering from disturbed sleep said they lost an average of two hours sleep every night.

The study found that 80 per cent had considered moving into a second bedroom in order to get a more peaceful night’s sleep.

Jessica Alexander, from The Sleep Council, said: “Research shows that one in 10 couples currently have separate beds.
“However, one out of five would love to have their own bed if only their partner would suggest it.

“A really big bed and separate bedding might solve some of the problems, but if sleeping habits are desperately different, then separate beds or bedrooms is the only answer.

“You can still have all the cuddles and intimate moments before retiring to get a good night’s sleep.”

The top 10 bedroom complaints:

Tuck and Roll – 42 per cent
Midnight Shuffle – 19 per cent
Snoring – 9 per cent
Teeth grinding – 7 per cent
Kicking and fidgeting – 6 per cent
Talking – 5 per cent
Drooling – 4 per cent
Twitching – 4 per cent
Sleep walking – 3 per cent
Flatulence – 1 per cent

Source
Posted By: SpecialK Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 29th Mar 2010 1:30pm
My wife hates it when I she catches me having a 'midnight shuffle'
Posted By: Wench Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 29th Mar 2010 2:34pm
My ex hubby used to do all of the above, he still does raftl
Posted By: DavidB Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 29th Mar 2010 2:34pm
I read random people make these things up and just make a press release.
I shout in my sleep, it's very embarressing, I fell asleep on a National Express once and scared everyone.
My wife does all of those.....every night!
Interesting that there is no statistic for being elbowed in the face think
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 16th Nov 2010 9:36pm
i get accused of snoring but im sure i would not do that i think its the wifes imagination
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 22nd Nov 2010 2:58pm
They've repeated the "British In Bed" programme, brilliant. Different couples interviewed while they are the their chariot. They interviewed a couple of homs and one was asking the other if he really loved him and asked if he had been unfaithful to him. The other one replied that he would never do anything behind the other ones back. PMSL
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 22nd Nov 2010 4:15pm
haha Bandy
ever had sleep paralysis ?

my got its scary when you out in the countryside alone and you get it !
Posted By: starakita Re: Britons irritating bedtime habits revealed - 22nd Nov 2010 11:44pm
My other half is a snorer & a quilt snatcher,Im a kicker & a fidget or so he says.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral