Forums
Posted By: angie Bone idle goverment - 13th Oct 2009 9:23pm
When is this goverment going to get on with running this country instead of squabbling over who ripped the tax payer of the most they have just had 3 months holiday they should have sorted this in there time and not ours they make me some madd.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 12:42am
Ah well.

smile
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 6:53am
This is one thing you can't blame the government for, all MPs from all parties are responsible for this one, The ones responsible for all this is the department who were supposed to be keeping an eye on expenses whether the MPs were knowingly in the wrong or not. Also its been in the hands of a independent inquirer, who i don't think has dragged his feet.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 9:32am
Bert your a very forgiving person.the MP's all MP's are the ones that made the rules,enforced the rules and used the rules to their advantage,the department is there just to handout the sacks money and as working people had no way of stopping these "honourable" gentlemen from doing what they are still doing.
I enjoy this link, I do go to lots of others,but if your a nice person Bert you will keep your hands over your eyes.

http://www.order-order.com/
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 9:44am
Dave, i wouldn't suggest that MPs are lily white and i did say they all have some responsibility in this, but whether they were genuine or underhanded expense claims the office responsible should have done their jobs properly and put a stop to it. They must have guidelines set before them. While some MPs unscrupulously knowingly made claims they should have been better policed by the expenses office.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 12:24pm
Bert if you ran a company would you let the employees set out the guidelines and rules on the expenses they recieve from you and let them be in charge of the rules and then let them be the judge and the jury of the rules ,I doubt it,but you have just seen this at work,aka 5bellies Smith who got away £116,000 by using this scam,the fees office is there to take orders from the MP's and even help them to fill the wheelbarrows,even the MP's that are "innocent" should be taken to account as they knew it was going on,we have the HMRC to deal with when we claim expences why shouldn't they have to same,it's already set up.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 12:56pm
Sack them all!! Put meerkats in charge!!! Seemples!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 1:06pm
Dave, I take in fully what your saying, i also think if Andrew Walker, a civil servant who was Director of finance and administration had done his job properly and been more forceful, this matter would have come to light years ago and perhaps put to bed, The same of cause can be said of the speaker of the house.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 1:53pm
Problem is bert if the management above you is shall we say corrupt and your on a nice earner and pension ,you don't want to rock the boat and your told by the management and the MP's that no rules have been broken go ahead and payup or we get somebody else in,the MP's are in charge they rule the roost,be they back bencher, speaker,cabinet or PM,they have been caught where are the plod why aren't they up before the beak,don't forget the mortgages payments inquiry comes up soon,you like me will know what the verdict will be,whitewash and champagne all round.
Posted By: StuyMac Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 2:05pm
Ive shuddered when I have heard some of the things claimed and the amounts...

Gardeners, house keepers, etc, WTF!!! Do your own house work and gardening somad
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 2:22pm
Don't forget the duck islands - ducks need islands.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 2:59pm
Not just a common old island ....... it's got to be a floating duck island !!
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 3:03pm
Don't all ducks float, Pinz?

*I'll get me coat*
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 3:25pm
MPs' most bizarre claims
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 3:31pm
Originally Posted by davew3
Problem is bert if the management above you is shall we say corrupt and your on a nice earner and pension ,you don't want to rock the boat and your told by the management and the MP's that no rules have been broken go ahead and payup or we get somebody else in,the MP's are in charge they rule the roost,be they back bencher, speaker,cabinet or PM,they have been caught where are the plod why aren't they up before the beak,don't forget the mortgages payments inquiry comes up soon,you like me will know what the verdict will be,whitewash and champagne all round.

Yes Dave, I agree wholeheartedly, where are the plod, amazing how they have kept quiet. Don't forget if your caught being naughty, just offer to pay it back.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 3:56pm
Bert as I have said before I like Wiki and I hate lowering the high levels decency on this forum that's why I go elsewhere to have a good political rant well more like good Anglo Saxon swear words. LOL
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 4:10pm
Nice one Snooze !
Posted By: bert1 Re: Bone idle goverment - 14th Oct 2009 4:18pm
Whether your on a fiddle or not, anyone who pays £20 for a tea mug should be flogged.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bone idle goverment - 15th Oct 2009 10:45am
Ah, but didn't the ex-Speaker look nice in his Lords' Outfit. Such a lovely smile on the photograph too. They're all shafting us, get used to it because it isn't going to change.
Posted By: jimbob Re: Bone idle goverment - 15th Oct 2009 8:52pm
bet he is laughin up is kilt, the 2 faced #################
Posted By: bri445 Re: Bone idle goverment - 15th Oct 2009 9:09pm
#################
17 letters - what can you mean? think oshocked
Posted By: davew3 Re: Bone idle goverment - 15th Oct 2009 9:52pm
Bandycoot you can help change it along with the rest the people,you have a vote use it,the thing I will be doing if/when we get a GE will be to ask all the political parties that come to my door,if I give you my vote and before you hopefully you get elected make a promise via a letter to the Globe/etc that you will put all your expenses and reasons for expenditure on you web site,if you don't then I won't, it's a start,
You can find out MP's expenses via a web "theyworkforyou" can't remember the link,you can google it, but be careful if you go to the web page theyworkforyou and do a search ,if you have a heart condition or you have a Nokia in your hand.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bone idle goverment - 16th Oct 2009 7:21am
I've always voted Dave, sometimes wonder why but if I don't vote I don't deserve any input. I even voted to go into the bloody EU but on the premise that it was just a trading bloc, got our eye wiped on that one. Got bollocked for that by someone who I know has never been to the ballot box himself in his life.
My MP here is the Moat Man by the way. We are not even getting a local candidate to replace him, it will be someone parachuted in. I can't wait for them to turn up on the doorstep to pimp for my vote. Last time they walked away without answering me.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Bone idle goverment - 16th Oct 2009 12:18pm
Just read in the paper that Moat Man is actually complaining again and saying he's done nothing wrong. These robbing, thieving bar stewards just don't get it. somad
© Wirral-Wikiwirral