Forums
Posted By: UrbanEx2U What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 6:46pm
Wasted ground in new brighton thumbsdown

Attached picture picSS 222_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 182_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 184_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 187_600x450.jpg
waste

Attached picture picSS 189_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 190_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 191_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 192_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 194_600x450.jpg
Posted By: MGCraig Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 6:49pm
Well, the plans to build new things in New Brighton may have a knock on efefct for other things, such as the Promenade Stages Rally held each year.

If the current plans go ahead, then this years may have been the last one to be held there.

We dont "Need" to build anything in those places, and most certainly dont need any more flats being built anywhere.

Where I live, Spital, has been absolutely ruined in the past 2 years, because theyve finished building 2 giant sets of flats in the area. No longer a nice quiet Hamlet...now its busy as, with quite a bad congestion problem.
What a waste of a lot of land thumbsdown no

Attached picture picSS 195_600x450.jpg

Description: ohh tunnel lol
Attached picture picSS 201_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 204_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 206_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 214_600x450.jpg
all so the Dips in newbrighton wasted land

Could be a boss swimming pool

Attached picture picSS 232_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 241_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 247_600x450.jpg
Attached picture picSS 248_600x450.jpg
this is sweet tho

Attached picture picSS 236_600x450.jpg
Posted By: chriskay Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 6:59pm
Why do you think it's a waste? What would you do with it? People need space, otherwise they get psychotic. There tends to be more trouble in crowded situations, because humans are territorial animals. Let's keep all the open space we can.
Posted By: MGCraig Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 7:04pm
I agree with Chris..

If I ever need a quiet moment to myself.. i head off to New Brighton..

Also, the quiet surroundings, coupled with the sea right next to it, just remind me of my Grandad.. somewere really nice to just go and connect or rememebr...

A big Supermarket, or swimming pool etc would ruin that atmosphere
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 7:12pm
And where you gonna have the wirral show? You`ll soon get upset when you cant have your ride on the hobby horses!!! raftl
Sorry mate, but i agree with Chris, we need space otherwise we would all go mad(-der!!) Anyhow, thoes "DIPS" you mentioned used to b the baths!
Posted By: chriskay Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 7:32pm
Originally Posted by Mi_Craig

somewere really nice to just go and connect or rememebr...

We all need those places, Craig; I've got mine, & the older I get the more I use them.
Posted By: Wheels Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 7:33pm
im happy how it is
think Wirral has enough swimming pools to go round, supermarkets too, come to think of it...
Posted By: Waddi Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 7:46pm
aren't the dips reclaimed land, they were created by dumping loads of sand there (where there was originally water) to create storm barriers, and therefore can't be built on. Is this not correct.
i do wonder...didn't the tide used to come up to the bottom of Rowson St or something?
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 7:53pm
Yes Miss, the tide originally came up to the base of the cliffs, where the smugglers tunnels are! Dont know about Rowson st, but it did come up to Warren drive i think, many moons ago! happy
is this when you wore a tricorn hat hoseman? wink
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 8:04pm
Ive been known to dance a jolly jig on the fore deck and swing from the yard arm!! wink
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum (beer!) thumbsup
thumbsup
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 8:31pm
I don't think it's a waste of space TBH.

As Chris said, we need all the open space we can get.

Would be good to have a swimming pool to return there though, but it'd never be as popular as it was back in the day
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 9:23pm
not a waste, no love the dips as they are yes
Posted By: Morseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 9:26pm
Ooh you have got me going now. It is not a waste of space, in fact the houses that were built at the end of Harrison drive should not be there because no residential building was supposed to have been permitted.

When they built the "New Promenade" in the thirties, it was intended that New Brighton be developed with hotels and other attractions right along to Harrison drive from New Brighton. It was going to be our version of Blackpools golden mile. Of course the second world war intervened and it came to nothing. Regardless of the snobs who live in Wellington road and its environs,(apologies if you do and are not a snob lol) that was the plan and as they are late comers they can go and get stuffed. Real New Brighton people such as myself and family put a lot into the town including the death of my grandfather caused by an accident when building the promenade.

The dips or greens as we "locals" called them are actually rubbish tips. Dig deep enough and you will find out. All of that up to the red and yellow noses was once beach and building the promenade and sea wall reclaimed the land. Would you call the beach a waste because that is what it was?

All the propaganda in the world will not make me change my mind and I will fight to keep it that way. In fact I am not sure what the purpose of starting this thread was in the first place?

Rant over (for now!).
Originally Posted by MissGuided
i do wonder...didn't the tide used to come up to the bottom of Rowson St or something?

In the Clarence in New Brighton, they have pic on the wall from back in the day of the irish bar (d'arcy monaghans) and the Travellers and it is on the beach!
Posted By: Morseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 11:32pm
Originally Posted by Sir_longmong
Originally Posted by MissGuided

In the Clarence in New Brighton, they have pic on the wall from back in the day of the irish bar (d'arcy monaghans) and the Travellers and it is on the beach!

Yes and it was known as Niggers hill. See history thread. I go in the Clarence. It was empty virtually on Saturday night laugh
Posted By: SoundLad Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 18th Nov 2008 11:35pm
The dips cant actually be built upon "well basically do a test ? if its been pouring down with rain go and walk through the dips and you'll see what i mean.." and to be quite honest New Brighton should not be made into a huge local attraction.. I always believe in things are meant to be and New Brighton looked fantastic in its hay day (it would look fantastic know but) but what has happened over the years would Ruin the memorys and that is why New Brighton should stay the way it should and not be changed into some multi million pound blackpool 2 cause it would ruin the Wirral completely cause the memorys of yester year would be forgotten and thats no good.. Wallasey Regeneration ? Big farce its just a huge name to make it look good.. People may disagree with me but its how i feel about New Brighton yes it should be something good but know i feel nothing is ever going to happen and let it Rest In Peace.. smile
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 11:15am
Thanks for the info gays and girls very interesting reed
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 12:42pm
Originally Posted by robbo_theman
Thanks for the info gays and girls

woah, woah, woah! Who said anything about being gay?? doh
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 12:43pm
lol sorry guys lol raftl opps
Posted By: Morseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 12:48pm

Robbo is Tom Robinson. Sing if you're glad to be gay. laugh
Originally Posted by Morseman

Robbo is Tom Robinson. Sing if you're glad to be gay. laugh

raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl raftl
Posted By: vango Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 4:36pm
ya i do think that we need to keep them the way they r, the open space an fresh sea air makes it a nice place, apose to developmant they i wouldet object a nice size famly park ther on the grass thay no need for for ene more shops arcades etc yes
Or a campsite in the summer for 6weeks a year ?
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 11:31pm
I say give it to the gippos!!! Then let the sea reclaim it!!!! What a sight, an armada of caravans floating out to sea....Ahhh Bliss!!! raftl
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 11:35pm
lol ok sorry lol
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 19th Nov 2008 11:37pm
Who the fook wants to camp in New Brighton for 6 weeks??? doh
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 20th Nov 2008 10:47pm
lmao raftl raftl raftl
Originally Posted by hoseman

raftl
Posted By: Andy13 Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 21st Nov 2008 1:58am
I hope nothing ever gets built here, nice to go and sit down here after long hard day at work! its about the only green piece of land left in wallasey
Posted By: UrbanEx2U Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 21st Nov 2008 12:25pm
YER I AGREE NOW LOL

thumbsup raftl happy
Originally Posted by hoseman

Travellers?
*sorry*
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 21st Nov 2008 1:14pm
Read my previous post about the sea reclaiming the land back!!!! smile
Yes that would be worth capturing on YouTube lol

)
lmao raftl
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 21st Nov 2008 8:05pm
THAT would be a Kodak moment!!!! bananadance
cameras on stand by raftl
Posted By: SoundLad Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 24th Nov 2008 12:17am
I also like travellin down there of a night time cause theres no artificial light and its great to gaze at the stars happy
Posted By: hoseman Re: What a waste of wirral grounds New Brighton - 24th Nov 2008 7:40pm
Have to paint the caravans floresent mate so you can see them floating off the horizon!! raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral