Forums
Posted By: chiccy what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 10:00pm
again the wheely bin is crawling!!

bins dont get collected till tue, so its going to hgave to be a trip the tip tomorrow to get rid..

but

once the bins have been collected on tue what can we put in place so as they dont just keep coming back, steves on the front with the cillit bang now............ mad we suffered all summer last yr coz of the fortnightly collections
Posted By: MattLFC Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 10:42pm
Get onto ya local MP, the more that do the more likely action will be taken.

Sorry I know im not much use with this, but I can't see what people can do whilst the government insist on this recycling crap... They say we will get fined £100million per tonne of un-recycled waste or whatever...

Simple solution: Get the fook out of the EU and get back to running our own country. Just stay in the EEC and EERM and problem solved.
Posted By: chiccy Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 10:48pm
thanks matty xx
Posted By: MattLFC Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 10:50pm
I wonder if it gets that bad, Enviromental Health can make a log of the problems? It may go a little (I stress the word little) way to getting something done about the problem.
Posted By: SpottyDog Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 11:18pm
our bins get emptied every 2 weeks, is it the same your way??

we have to recycle one week, then normal bins the next week.
and we HAVE to recyle or get fined £1000.

our bins stink and we have to jet wash um every 2 weeks after our bin collection.

2 weeks is way too long to wait for collection, we never used to have a problem when it was weekly collections.

damn you council people

frown
Posted By: MattLFC Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 11:29pm
Originally Posted by SpottyDog
our bins get emptied every 2 weeks, is it the same your way??

we have to recycle one week, then normal bins the next week.
and we HAVE to recyle or get fined £1000.

our bins stink and we have to jet wash um every 2 weeks after our bin collection.

2 weeks is way too long to wait for collection, we never used to have a problem when it was weekly collections.

damn you council people

frown

Blame it on the government and the EU... you see these issues I rant about do affect people hehe tease

I never rant about bins though cos the issues dont affect me, only good fing about living in these god-forsaken flats!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 11:35pm
Clicky for Tips of preventing maggots
Posted By: MGCraig Re: what the hell can we do!? - 5th Jun 2008 11:49pm
Theres no recycling scheme in the flats I was in in Preston...but we still had the occasional maggot..

Lazy student lifstyle..

Not looking forward to another stinking Summer
Posted By: Garry_St Re: what the hell can we do!? - 6th Jun 2008 10:15am
i had the same problem i spoke to the mp but she was useless so i rang street scence and they emptyed my bins the next day...
Posted By: Davey_Martin Re: what the hell can we do!? - 6th Jun 2008 10:41am
fortunately up here, they arent too hard on recycling - not sure if that's a good or bad thing (depends how they go about it i guess)

our general waste bin gets emptied every monday and our garden waste every other tuesday

no maggots unfortunately, just a smelly bin as u would expect anyway lol.
Posted By: SoundLad Re: what the hell can we do!? - 7th Jun 2008 5:32am
Simple soultion. Put normal waste inside cardboard boxes i.e. Cat Food ones and bang em in the recyling smile You dont get caught cause council officers dont want to go through your rubbish cause there more preocupied in wasting tax payers money on idiots who siffle through it at the tip.. smile
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: what the hell can we do!? - 7th Jun 2008 9:56pm
need more bins, overloading is a cause for concern for a start frown
Posted By: Waddi Re: what the hell can we do!? - 8th Jun 2008 12:44am
the answer to all your wheelie bin troubles
Posted By: Sanchez Re: what the hell can we do!? - 8th Jun 2008 9:14am
clever stuff wadster
Posted By: Waddi Re: what the hell can we do!? - 8th Jun 2008 12:55pm
I dont know how it will stop the maggots, but it means you can keep your lid shut and keep them concealed within the bin.
Posted By: AR_One Re: what the hell can we do!? - 9th Jun 2008 9:28am
I beleive that if you phone the council, they can gove you a large family bin if your's is getting full all of the time. If everything is tied in plastic bags before it gos into the bin, barring the occasional burst bag the smell problem should be minimised.
Posted By: chiccy Re: what the hell can we do!? - 9th Jun 2008 10:05am
thanks for the advice every 1. our bins are never over full, and they are never left open appart from gusty windy days when it may be blown open, we actually have 2 green bins so the amout of rubish isnt really the problem its just bein left so long.

im trying to find a weely bin washer service ( to jonahs disaprovel lol) but have chucked this week free papers so will have to wait till wed to get them again to look as theres non in the yellow pages or online!

we just cant go on like this makes me feel like am all skanky frown
© Wirral-Wikiwirral