Forums
Posted By: Mark Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 5:58pm
Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins

In the Globe it says its almost rubber stamped and it will only be persistent offenders that will be fined.

This is going to be great for the kids to piss the neighbors off.
Instead of knocking on doors just swop the rubbish bags..

I wonder how understanding they will be?
Is this the start of the slippery road ?
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 6:00pm
My understanding was in your recycle bin you cant use bags? so can't see kids "swapping" bags as such, but maybe putting general waste into a recycle bin.

What do you class as a persistent offender ?
Posted By: Mark Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 6:02pm
Who knows its the councils job not mine lol
There may be a 3 strike rule but that's me saying it
i have not read that anywhere.
Posted By: Cali_16v Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 6:06pm
Do we have any council workers on board who could perhaps find this out, as would be good to know, also do you get a notice telling you that you have broken the rules?

I know, i for one would like to know how many chances i get/have left before receiving a fine.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 6:28pm
Gutted... wont affect me hehe, but gutted!

tease
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 6:32pm
I used to do it when the recycling bins first came out.

I used to put the rubbish from my garage in peoples grey and brown bins cas to me at the time, a bin was a bin.

Dont think fines are the right way to go about it.
I'm thinking a better option might be to not empty the bin and put a notice on it sayin somethin like "sor' it 'aaat"
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 6:46pm
I can solve the problem in one sentence.

Lets get out of the EU!

Tell them to shove their £100million per tonne fookin fines up their arses and find some pants to sniff, why the hell are people in this country always being had off by the EU because our government is too weak to tell them to fook off!!!

Recycling my arse! Its all a con, running out of landfill my arse, there is plenty of space in Buckingham Palace and the rest of London they can use for landfill!!!

mad
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 7:38pm
the same things happening down here in Ellesmere Port

there's already been 1 or 2 fines handed out
Posted By: chiccy Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 16th Jan 2008 10:18pm
eeek!!! im always gettin told of by jonah!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 17th Jan 2008 11:25pm
This is stupid... YOU PAY FRIGGING COUNCIL TAX FOR THEM barstard TO EMPTY YOUR BINS AND THEN THERE GOING TO FINE YOU CAUSE YOU PUT THE WRONG FRIGGING STUFF IN THE BIN... WHO THE HELL CARES??? What happened to the BIN men who did a days graft with bins on there shoulders?? WIRRAL BOROUGH COUNCIL are retards and NEED to wake up and smell the FRESH AIR... WE PAY over £800 in TAX for what ?? TO BE RIPPED off even more cause we CANT put what we want in our bins ??? Im fed up of em really am they have pissed me off over a lot of things and this is the LAST straw..

Sorry where was i ?? Oh yer ranting about a stupid cult irm i mean council...

sorry lamethrower
Posted By: chiccy Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 17th Jan 2008 11:49pm
eeek handbag
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 18th Jan 2008 10:01am
Tell them to shove their £100million per tonne fookin fines up their arses and find some pants to sniff, why the hell are people in this country always being had off by the EU because our government is too weak to tell them to fook off!!!

Recycling my arse! Its all a con, running out of landfill my arse, there is plenty of space in Buckingham Palace and the rest of London they can use for landfill!!!

Slightly wide of the mark there aren't we matty?

Recycling is a good thing and i'm more than happy to do it.

However, if the "wrong" rubbish is in your bin, but at the bottom, and they put 2 bins onto the back of the waggon then how do they know it was your bin it came from? I've only got my house number on the general waste bin, so ther's no way they can point the finger at one person, just contest it see if they take you to court! It won't go very far.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 18th Jan 2008 10:15am
I dont believe I am wide of the mark; if people want to recycle, they will, if people dont, they should have a choice.

There has been millions of prople in the UK, who over the last two or three decades, have wanted to recycle, and done as much as they can to do so, but without any help and limited recycling options from the council's.

The only reason this is now happening, is because of the EU fines. If it wernt for that, the council's wouldnt be arsed.

Now we have a stupidly confusing mish-mash of rules for what you can and can't recylce, which change from borough to borough; just down the road in Bidston, they built one of the most advanced recycling centre's in 80's and guess what, it was never actually used to recycle anything, instead everything was dumped into Bidston Moss landfill.

Now we find that the smallet bit of plastic in a paper bin (say you forget to rip out the plastic of an envelop/dont notice it) and you are going to get a fine. Say you dont fully understand what constitutes a certain type of material, you are going to get fined. And eventually, Wirral will follow the same way as other council's, whereby you could actually prosecuted and end up with a criminal record as a result of your error.

I think its stimple, for those who want to recycle, great, all credit to them. But it shouldnt be forced upon us, the council shouldnt be fining us, and we shouldnt be bending over, getting greased up and then penetrated by the EU and accepting their £100million per tonne of landfill fines.

If the authorities where that bothered about recycling, then they would ban plastic bags and force supermarkets to introduce a bio-degradable replacement instead, but they dont. The reason all comes back to the fact that they are only avoiding landfill to avoid fines.

Will you be so happy about all this recylcing shite when we start getting fines from the EU for hundreds of millions, if not billions of pounds for using landfill, which could have been spent on the NHS, schools etc...

Get out of the EU and problem solved. Encourage people to recycle, give them incentives maybe, like better refuse collections for recylced goods, more places to recycle. But dont force them recycle. The EU is becoming more and more like the USSR every day!

And to top it all, it seems the money from all these fines is going to the fookin French farmers!!!

wink
Posted By: Mark Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 18th Jan 2008 10:16am
The Bins have serial numbers on them wink
So they could if need be just look the next time your bin is out.

But also they said which i think i'm in favor of that people that leave there bins on the paths all week and don't bring them in are also liable to be fined !

I am lucky i have a drive way and i can bring the bins
off the pavements. But not everyone has that much space.

Like lee says, i remember as a child, Bin men doing a Hard Graf Job. Walking around the back of your house, picking up your bin and then emptying it and then returning it.

That's where the Christmas Tip came about as they worked hard.
But dont forget its not the bin men that make the rules.
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 18th Jan 2008 1:56pm
I'm not bothered by the bin men of the level of graft they do, its a fairly un glamorous job to start with and fairly well paid so i hear. Thats not my issue.

2 bins on the back of the waggon lifted and tipped into it, are they really going to be able to tell which of the bins a "wrong" peice of rubbish came from, that was what i was getting at.

To be fair you've got to have a lot of stuff in your bin that shouldn't be there for them to notice. Its not as if they are going to go through each bin with a fine tooth comb, they'd be there all week!

Matty don't get me wrong, i agree we seem to get shafted on a regular basis by the EU.
But if you don't want to re-cycle then don't, just use the one bin, if it'll all fit!
But re-cycling is still a good thing, just my opinion. Regardless of the motive for the council's reason for doing it, we as a species have to do something!

And i think soundlad made a really good point, we already pay £800+ to the council for these services, there should be some leeway.

In Bromborough (don't know about all areas) the grey bin takes card paper tin and "food packaging", to re-cycle this it needs to be sorted out, so why not leave it at that and sort the "wrong" waste out then.

The bottom line is, i like to recycle, the simpler it is the better, these fines are dead wrong and i refuse to be penalised for getting the overcomplicated recycling instructions wrong!

My 2p worth smile
Posted By: Mark Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 7:07pm
I think what will happen Guy is they will have "Rubbish" Inspectors.

That go ahead of the bin men / waggon.

If a bin is contaminated, it gets a BIG STICKER on it.
And the Bin Men Dont Take it.

In other area's, aka Northumberland where i grew up,
if a Bin Lid is not "CLOSED" due to the amount of rubbish
they wont take it. The wont take Black bags at the side
either due to the fear of NEEDLES...

If they dont want a revolt they do have to approach this very
tacktile. As the first Fine will hit the papers for sure.

< 2 fingers doing the posh for sure thing >
Posted By: chiccy Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 8:41pm
"Rubbish" Inspectors.

oooooooooooooo delight ful job to have when its the hight of summer an the maggots all start to re appear!!!!
Posted By: IzzZzzY Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 8:42pm
Lets all be rubbish inspectors and nick peoples ID.. thumbsup smack
Posted By: Mark Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 8:42pm
Just use hair spray on them?
They wont move after that lol
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 8:44pm
lol or if you run out just use jonahs raftl
Posted By: jonah Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 9:22pm
Originally Posted by fasterste
lol or if you run out just use jonahs raftl

wot ? hairspray or bin..... only seen u today, u not notice i have no hair ?! raftl
Posted By: fordsteve Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 9:23pm
lol yer mate hairspray no one said you used it on your head did they lol raftl
Posted By: jonah Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th Jan 2008 9:26pm
ass cheeks ! ok lets get back on topic now.... fines are just another way of taxing us hard working, down trodden members of the british public ! *spits dummy out and hurls rattle and toys out of pram...... right at Gordon Browns fat head !*
Posted By: Waddi Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 21st Jan 2008 12:37am
I dont believe that sorting out your rubbish is a hardship and its the minimum we can do for the good of our planet.

If we all do our little bit its will make a big difference.

but how are they going to stop other people contaminating your bin. We would have to lock the lids closed, but if we lock our bins how do the refuse collectors open them to empty.

remember the weight system they wanted to introduce were you were had a rubbish weight allowance if you went over it, your council tax went up next year if you were under it, your council tax was reduced next year.
Posted By: Wheels Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 21st Jan 2008 12:39am
withthat i dont mind sorting my stuff out
Posted By: jonah Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 21st Jan 2008 8:13am
not sayin i mind sortin the rubbish out cos i dont, its just one "fine" or tax more like, after another, and its about time the British public stood up to the gov and said enough is enough !!!!! mad somad
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 21st Jan 2008 11:29pm
Somewhat related to this topic, it was on the news the other day, they are talking about charging people for the amount of human waste they dispose of, everyone is getting a meter installed on their drain which can detect human waste and measures the amount you are doing...

Dunno if it will be post-pay or pay as you go tbh, but a pay as you go system could prove a bit inconvenient if you have no credit and really need a number 2!
Posted By: SoundLad Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 22nd Jan 2008 12:10am
for fu** sake.. Know they want to charge you for having a shit ? what the hell.. Having a crap is a natural thing WE CAN NOT help it.. These people man to make money!!!!!!!
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 22nd Jan 2008 12:16am
Thats a shit idea raftl

Just trying to rape us for every penny we earn no
Posted By: Pomp Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 22nd Jan 2008 1:43am
Not only is there fines for the wrong rubbish bins but check this out.

"£100 rubbish tax if you fail to hit recycling targets"
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23433416-details/%C2%A3100+rubbish+tax+if+you+fail+to+hit+recycling+targets/article.do
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 22nd Jan 2008 1:45am
Fook, now that is rubbish!!
Posted By: Mark Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 22nd Jan 2008 10:47pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Dunno if it will be post-pay or pay as you go tbh, but a pay as you go system could prove a bit inconvenient if you have no credit and really need a number 2!
Sorry but that made me laugh so much...

You could by pass that one with a curry the night before wink

Pay as you Dump omg

Pomp
It starts in London and then spreads.
And London is where the money is so how are we supposed to cope?
Im goiong to resurect this subject by asking if anyone say Dom Jolys complainers the other day.

He followed one of these rubbish inspectors around for a day. The inspector monitored what people were putting in their bins nad had the power to levy fines on offenders. Yet in a year or so doing the job he had never fined a single person. Getting paid god knows how much to basically do nothing!!

But I will tell you the point that I knew the council were taking the piss out of us. It was the point at which the grey recycle bin was delivered.

There was the nice new shiny bin. And along with it came a booklet explaining what we could and couldnt recycle. It also came with a piece of paper with contact details for various council departments on it. And it all came bundled in a plastic bag THAT YOU WERENT ALLOWED TO PUT IN THE RECYCLE BIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The irony hit me like, well, an iron!
Posted By: CustomIce Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th May 2008 11:38am
yup saw that, funny i thought.

I get your point too on the "packaging" that came with the bin.
Posted By: BMW Joe Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th May 2008 4:01pm
Originally Posted by Hiekel_Essterol
And it all came bundled in a plastic bag THAT YOU WERENT ALLOWED TO PUT IN THE RECYCLE BIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

The irony hit me like, well, an iron!

raftl didn't even realise that
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Somewhat related to this topic, it was on the news the other day, they are talking about charging people for the amount of human waste they dispose of, everyone is getting a meter installed on their drain which can detect human waste and measures the amount you are doing...

Matt - Doesn't this happen already? Your bill includes incoming water through the metre, then it assumes that a % of that goes out as waste and you are charged for that as well.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th May 2008 7:12pm
Hehe smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fines for the Wrong Rubbish in your Bins - 20th May 2008 7:29pm
bah
© Wirral-Wikiwirral