Forums
Posted By: granny Scones - 3rd Nov 2017 8:55am

A new recipe for scones from Australian Great British Bake Off.
Only 3 ingredients !

INGREDIENTS
4 Australian cups (528.36 grams or 18.64 ounces) Self-Raising Flour
300ml Double Cream
1 can of Lemonade.

But…… I added 75g of Sultanas because I prefer fruit scones to plain, but sure you will love these dolloped with whipped cream and jam with or without the fruit.

Preheat your oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6/.Fan 180.

APPARENTLY THE SECRET SUCCESS TO THIS RECIPE IS THAT INSTEAD OF STIRRING YOUR MIXTURE WITH A WOODEN SPOON, (WHICH OF COURSE YOU CAN IF YOU WISH) IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU USE A KNIFE TO DO IT INSTEAD. NO REASON GIVEN BUT YOU WILL NOT GET THE SAME RESULT IF YOU USE A WOODEN SPOON. SO THERE YOU ARE - USE A KNIFE TO STIR MIXTURE!

Put the Self-Raising flour into a mixing bowl.

Add the Double Cream to the flour

Add the whole can
of Lemonade to the Mixture

Mix all the ingredients with a knife until you get a doughy consistency.

Sprinkle some flour onto a flat surface and tip the dough out onto it.

Knead gently and then cut out rounds (minimum 1 inch) with a cookie cutter or a cup)

Place the scones on a lined baking tray making sure they are lined up close together. This mixture should make about 12 scones.

Pop into the oven on 200C and bake for 15 minutes for perfect scones, ready for jam and whipped cream.
Posted By: cools Re: Scones - 3rd Nov 2017 9:07am
Yum yum they sound nice Granny, even though I'm no cook think I'll try these they sound easy to make and very delicious..
Posted By: granny Re: Scones - 3rd Nov 2017 9:17am

I had the same thoughts. It's worth a try anyway.
Posted By: granny Re: Scones - 10th Nov 2017 3:17pm

Giving these a try now. Just realised that the first batch have not followed instructions !!

I put them in at 180 instead of 200 degrees for 12 instead of 15 minutes !! STUPID WOMAN.How did we get to that. Never was a cook.

2nd batch will be better. Shall let you know later.......possibly much later. laugh
Posted By: granny Re: Scones - 10th Nov 2017 4:06pm

All instructions followed implicitly on the 2nd batch.

DON'T BOTHER !

English traditional scones are far superior. Aussies ? What do they know ?
Posted By: cools Re: Scones - 10th Nov 2017 6:05pm
Oh poor you Granny, I won't be trying them then. Hopeless I am in the kitchen made some cakes the other day with my little grandson, just out of a box mind. A disaster they looked a right mess frown
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Scones - 10th Nov 2017 6:07pm
Its "scones" not "scones"
Posted By: venice Re: Scones - 10th Nov 2017 9:51pm
obviously !
Posted By: granny Re: Scones - 11th Nov 2017 12:20am

Some people are 'seriously' good at baking and others are not. Cool, you may be one of the latter group, but if those scones, or scones as Fish calls them , were made on Australian Great British Bake Off, then there has to be something 'seriously' wrong with their programme.

Who has made their Christmas Cake ?
Posted By: cools Re: Scones - 11th Nov 2017 11:17am
Definitely one of the latter group Granny, I do envy people who can cook it just doesn't come easily with me think I should have been born with a silver spoon and had all my meals cooked and served for me, ha..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral