Forums
Posted By: Beethoven Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 12:39pm
Hi folks, can anyone recommend a reasonably priced chef's knife? It needs to hold it's edge for a good time and have a largish handle for my big mitts, I've tried a few from Amazon but they've all disappointed in some way so I thought recommendations was the way to go. Ta!
Posted By: saltytom Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 3:26pm
I have a couple of Heston Blumenthal knives not to bad price wise, I did have a set of Sabatier knives the best at the time which where £200 20 years ago nicked by a tenant.
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 4:11pm
Thanks saltytom, but a bit more than I want to pay. I googled "Best chef's knife for large hands" and the Victorinox fibrox 10 inch chef's knife came out top so I think I'll give that a try.
Posted By: venice Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 4:34pm
I bought a ridiculously cheap offer set of Richardson KYU knives at Aldi a few years ago and they have been magnificent.Dont think the handles are unusually large , but OH has no problem with it and has fairly big hands. The seem to come on offer every now and then . Not really noticed that much difference when using between them and our two Sabatier ones .
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 6:02pm
His trousers are quite arty farty. Not art imo just an experiment.. Rock on Tommy!
Posted By: Beethoven Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 7:10pm
Hello fish old chap, what have my trousers got to do with a chef's knife?
Posted By: venice Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 7:26pm
Lol, fish, sharpen up !
Posted By: lincle Re: Chef's knife. - 23rd Feb 2017 8:51pm
Have you tried JML direct. I seem to remember them advertising super sharp knives on T.V
© Wirral-Wikiwirral