Forums
Posted By: Mark Shrinking Food / Snacks - 20th Dec 2015 1:05pm
Pringles crisps.

Im not an expert frequent buyer of them, so there could be a price decrease. But still smaller.

Description: 180g & 190g
Attached picture 20151220_125404.jpg
Posted By: Excoriator Re: Shrinking Food / Snacks - 20th Dec 2015 3:05pm
Probably best avoided anyway if you want to stay fit. They often contain horrifying levels of salt, sugar and fat.
Posted By: Mark Re: Shrinking Food / Snacks - 20th Dec 2015 4:42pm
This was the one that got me thinking

Quality Street over the years.

[Linked Image]

The image, which shows four of the iconic purple tubs side by side, has sparked outrage on social media after it was posted on the Quality Street Facebook page by customer Charlotte Stacey Hook.
In her post, Ms Hook claims that the oldest tin, pictured on the far left, was bought in 1998. However, some chocolate fans have argued that it was the design used in the 1980s.
A Nestle spokesman said it was difficult to tell when exactly each tin was made, but that the newest tub appeared to be from 2014/2015; the ones in the middle from the 2000s; and the one on the far left from the late 1990s or early 2000s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...lity-Street-shrunk-THREE-times-1998.html

Posted By: fish5133 Re: Shrinking Food / Snacks - 20th Dec 2015 5:51pm
Might make us all a bit healthier--but they do it on the good stuff as well. Not from concentrate orange juices etc --the cartoons now 0.75lt or 1.4lt and price staying the same as 1lt and 2lt.
Also noticed if a product gets popular the price starts creeping up...
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Shrinking Food / Snacks - 27th Dec 2015 9:55am
Originally Posted by Riverside
Supply and demand. I'd do the same if I was in charge...

That was in my economic lessons as well....can be counterproductive as will shop elsewhere.
Posted By: granny Re: Shrinking Food / Snacks - 27th Dec 2015 10:46am
Robinsons Orange Squash. This last week three different places, three different prices and it seem to be an item that constantly changes everywhere. Obviously the same applies with everything thing else, but I have a hang-up about Robinsons Orange Squash.

Sainsbury's Pensby Road, £1.69

Local grocers £1.29

Tesco £1.00 on offer.

That's a pretty big variant. Strangely enough, I bought mine at Tesco grin

Must say, Quality Street had obviously got smaller, but didn't realise by how much. Won't be buying them anymore either and Cadbury's chocolate is like diabetes in one dose. It is vile now , and 'death by chocolate' was never a more true expression. We pay a high price to kill ourselves !
Posted By: venice Re: Shrinking Food / Snacks - 27th Dec 2015 4:03pm
Originally Posted by granny
Robinsons Orange Squash --I have a hang-up about Robinsons Orange Squash.

Explanation definitely required granny!!!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral