Forums
Posted By: Paul19640 Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 4:56pm
Best fish n chips on the Wirral is?
Posted By: pegsgirl Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 5:10pm
Marigolds West Kirby..expensive but worth it.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 5:54pm
One at parkgate has won loads of awards. also had a very nice fish n chips n mushy peas at Bassett Hound, Thingwall for about £6 (2 for £10/12 deal)
One in New Brighton next to bowling alley was fantastic but not sure if changed hands as last one i had there was grotty
Posted By: casper Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 6:49pm
The one by the bowling alley used to be good but its been taken over, it gone terrible really greasy we wont go again.
Posted By: shar215 Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 6:58pm
ill second marigolds west kirby
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 8:15pm
I was told that Ocean's Fish Bar in Oxton village was really good so we went there last week and although their cod was amazing with really crispy batter, I didn't rate the chips very highly.

I can't put my finger on what is different with chippy chips nowadays, but they're just not what they used to be frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 8:26pm
blue sea in moreton, there lovely Elizabeth.

welcome back
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 9:16pm
We often go to the Village Fryer in Upton, has won loads of awards, and yes it is good but not the best.

Giorgios in Claughton Village is not bad at all, they do small fish too which is often nice, and also lately have started to do interesting fish choices.

Not in the Wirral but the best F & C ever is in Freshfields by the the station, they do fried Mackerel and they are amazing!! We need somewhere on the Wirral the same.
Posted By: valli Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 10:29pm
Busy bee in the pyramids is very good if your in town, Jims in Irby village cook to order very fresh.Marigolds Great as previosly mentioned.So sorry to hear that The one by bowling alley in New Brighton has been taken over used to be good.Village fryer Upton Fish is good but chips have not been right for ages.
Posted By: Druid Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 10:33pm
Best I've ever had was that insanely good one in Conway.

If there's one in Wirral even half that good I'd love to know.
Posted By: torryman Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 10:54pm
Big Cod in Liscard was excellent ...but looks like it's gone under, hasn't been open for a while.

one chippy I can't understand why it does so good is the Two Dragons in Mill Lane, their Chinese meals may be very good but their chips are permanently "warm ups" absolutely awful, dead dry and orange.
Posted By: MrHouston Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 4th Aug 2013 11:35pm
Havn't had fish & chips in a long time but in work last week decided to pick a random chippy to get it. Chose the yellow chippy next door (left) to "Greedys" in Wallasy Village. Had fish chips with curry on top and it was amazing.
Posted By: Kev30x Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 5th Aug 2013 12:36am
Pisces in Heswall do the best fish dinner on the Wirral, they have won numerous awards, including - Northwest 2004/5 best chip shop. smile

Website/Menu - PISCES CLCKY
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 5th Aug 2013 8:24am
Parkgate is the most overrated chippy ever! The fat is always dirty and the chips are greasy, dont know why everyone raves over the place. We went their especially and were left very disappointed, thinking we had the wrong place.

Irby Fish bar is amazing, as is Georgios on Borough road or claughton.
Posted By: starakita Re: Fish n chips-Wirral - 5th Aug 2013 10:59am
the chippy in New Brighton fair the fish is cooked fresh & the chips are nice.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral