Forums
Posted By: granny Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 15th Jan 2013 9:41pm
Horsemeat has been found in beefburgers, sold in Tesco and Iceland in the uk and Lidl and Aldi in Ireland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21034942

With so many horses becoming too expensive now, for people to continue keeping, are we likely to be heading for horsemeat on our menus, the same as our Continental cousins enjoy?

Butchers only, for me from now on. At least we can see what we're buying.
At the bottom of your link
Meanwhile, Silvercrest Foods and Dalepak both said they had never bought or traded in horse product and have launched an investigation into two continental European third party suppliers.
Everyone passes the buck down the chain

I wonder how long this sort of thing has been going on and if any fine or such is levied or do they all get off with a "don't do it again"

The biggest crime is"getting caught"
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 12:25am
i'm just surprised that they found any meat at all in an iceland burger wink
nothing wrong with horse meat if its chosen but i agree it shouldnt be in food stuffs unless advertised as such
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 8:52am
Will eating horse meat give you the trots, and do we really have anything to beef about ?
actually it's a bit of a serious matter, a friend of mine was admitted to hospital after eating one of the dodgy burgers.
he was quite bad but doctors say he's stable now.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 10:21am
Tesco have issued a statement that their burgers are low in fat but high in Shergar.
I think I'll stick to Mrs Lovet's pies in future, there's no horse meat in those as far as I know.
Just the thought of eating horse meet makes my stomach feel queazy
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 10:42am
Just checked my Tesco burgers in the fridge, and there off !
Posted By: Wench Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 12:07pm
Supermarkets are now also removing veggie burgers from shelves as traces of UniQuorn have been found!
"NAAAAAAY" everyone should eat burgers... trot off to the shops then? sick
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 1:21pm
Iceland burgers win by a head, eyes and tail.
"hi ho silver away" whooooooow! someone could be telling porkies? or is it horseies?. omg
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 4:02pm
Nowt wrong with it, as long as they don't put kidney or liver in burgers then it's sweet by me, that crappy disgusting meat SHOULD be banned! Yuk!

Haggis BAN
Liver BAN
Kidney BAN

We normaly get dogs legs from the local chinese on seabank road, they do them in salt and pepper too for that extra hot n spicy taste, delish, mmmm tease
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 4:04pm
Nowt wrong with it, as long as they don't put kidney or liver in burgers then it's sweet by me, that crappy disgusting meat SHOULD be banned! Yuk!

Haggis BAN
Liver BAN
Kidney BAN

We normaly get dogs legs from the local chinese on seabank road, they do them in salt and pepper too for that extra hot n spicy taste, delish, mmmm tease
had a tesco burger last night, still got a bit between my teeth
Is it a coincidence that "Hamburgers" is an anagram of "Shergar Bum" :
Those Aldi horse burgers were nice, but I prefer My Lidl Pony

Hahaha.......
Horse meat found in Tesco .. Camel toe found in Primark leggings smile

TheMrs
I'd just begrudge paying beef prices for horse, that's not fair.
I've had horse before in France but knew what I was getting, also had kangaroo, we didn't know what we were getting but it was alright too. Bison is ok but tough.
Anyway if God didn't mean us to eat horses why did he make them taste like meat?
Posted By: granny Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 16th Jan 2013 11:06pm
No it's not fair being overcharged Bandy. Unless of course, it was Dartmoor Pony, they fetch quite a high price. Free range, you know!
Originally Posted by derekdwc
I think I'll stick to Mrs Lovet's pies in future, there's no horse meat in those as far as I know.

Surprised nobody caught on to my post Mrs Lovet's pies
Just read all the posts, have to say your all on FORM with your puns, lol
Derek I did ! lol
Think I'll also avoid anything beginning with soy (soylent green springs to mind)

You're not safe with veggie burgers either
“Products labeled ‘organic’ aren't allowed to contain any hexane-derived ingredients, but that rule doesn't apply to foods that are labeled ‘made with organic ingredients.’
click

Poop burgers - is this for real or a joke?
The way things are going,those of us with weak stomachs are going to starve to death

click
Posted By: Snodvan Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 17th Jan 2013 12:44pm
Apart from the usual beef, pork, lamb, chicken, duck, turkey etc land amimals I have knowingly eaten

camel
horse
dog
snake
rabbit
guinea pig (big South American type)
various antelope types
crocodile
ostrich
A big rat-like thing (coypu?) in South America
Some large bird thing that looked like a turkey but wasn't

All apart from the snake (too many tiny bones) were perfectly ok and I would not hesitate again.

Given what bits of the so-called regular animals that go into some burgers and sausages I am perfectly happy to accept the REAL meat bits of most animals. Just stay clear of cheapo burgers and sausages because inherently they are going to contain bits of animals that you do not really want to know about. Good burgers are good. Cheap burgers are always suspicious.

Snod

Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 17th Jan 2013 12:53pm
Ever wonder what happened to Heather MacCartneys leg, don't eat Linda MacCartney veggie burgers.
Posted By: granny Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 17th Jan 2013 12:57pm

Surprised nobody caught on to my post Mrs Lovet's pies

Have to admit, only just Derek. I bet you can't eat a whole one! raftl

It's been tough lately working on the meat counter.
It feels like I'm flogging a dead horse.

I was just in the Teesco cafe and they asked me if I wanted anything on my burgers so I said I'll have a fiver each way
since this news broke about tesco their shires have fallen
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 18th Jan 2013 10:46am
[youtube]TrhuoppHjH8[/youtube]
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 18th Jan 2013 12:11pm
Are Tesco the mane suppliers of over the canter horse meat sales ?
It's a cinch they'll have to halter the way they do business now.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 18th Jan 2013 2:02pm
Tesco are now starting a range of alcoholic burgers, they are laced with Red rum.
classic stuff!, ive never laughed so much for a while.
It's about time somebody reined in these food suppliers, it's a tacky business at times. At the end of the day if the burgers were still tasty then why the long faces?
the person who served me had a sore throat,
didnt realise he was a little hoarse
Posted By: stanb Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 18th Jan 2013 5:58pm
hamburgers is an anegram of shergar bum.
i see the chinese are getting in on the act,
they're selling quarter pandas with cheese
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 22nd Jan 2013 4:24pm
The cafe (pit stop) on the dock road are selling horse burgers for 50p each
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 22nd Jan 2013 4:30pm
Maccies are now on the bandwagon with their egg Mcmuffin the mule.
Aldi have withdrawn some products that have been found to have 100% horsemeat.

I do like their new product-lasagne meal that can be microwaved in eight minutes. Hope this is one of the products still available.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 9th Feb 2013 11:47am
Don't think Aldi have ever sold anything with 100 % meat.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 9th Feb 2013 12:29pm
People shop at aldi?
Are they all these wonderful race horses that are bred for people to win a fortune on and for the owners to get rich enough for them to buy lots more, for the bookies to afford their luxury yachts in the south of France? Or,are they the little pets that everyone loved, until the child grew too big and nobody wanted little Dobbin anymore?
Are there any horse breeders, specifically for the meat market in this country because I imagine they would have to be fairly young animals, before they became to tough? I bet there are, being undetected so far.

I suppose this is what is called trading with our european partners. We sell them our pet horses for them to mince up, they send them back in pies for us to eat, selling to us under a different heading of beef. So the lies continue!!!!
What will euthenasia bring??? nono
'I imagine they would have to be fairly young animals, before they became to tough?'

Neigh! When minced don't suppose the age matters.

My schoolfriend used to eat horsemeat when her father was stationed in Aden, and to her family it was normal to eat it.

I think in this scare, the main thing is that the ingredients are not what shown and criminals are involved. Thinking about it they could if they had wished, put in poison and killed thousands.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 11th Feb 2013 7:29am
Just had a horrible thought, am I drinking horse milk in my morning brew ?
Surely due to the content percentage this should be titled 'cow meat found in horse burgers'
Posted By: Dilly Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 12th Feb 2013 7:33pm
Birdseye have now withdrawn their fish fingers, they have been tested and found to contain 90% seahorse. laugh
can't wait for the grand national, we can have fast-food raftl
Posted By: granny Re: Horsemeat found in beefburgers. UK and Ireland - 12th Feb 2013 10:37pm
Forget about the horsemeat, this is far more worrying Edd! Or are ducks not affected?

Attached picture BAwgNU1CMAAyOto.jpg
Originally Posted by granny
Forget about the horsemeat, this is far more worrying Edd! Or are ducks not affected?

my date didn't go to well with the horse, so you're safe frown

[youtube]lKT6HAoW1xw[/youtube]
Aldi now back selling Lasagne. What with my antibiotics and a couple of helpings, I should be prancing and rearing to go by the weekend!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral