Forums
Posted By: karenjon sunday lunch - 13th Jun 2011 5:03pm
can anyone recommend a good sunday lunch on the wirral
not cardboard meat and school dinners a real nice one went to penmaenpool wales last week £10.00 carvery spot on but bit far to go ha ha
Posted By: hoseman Re: sunday lunch - 13th Jun 2011 5:17pm
Sheldrakes, Lower Heswall, meal, chill out, view, walk etc. Make an afternoon out of it!
We used to always go, very popular place, we need to go again, just reminded me. Thanks. LOL
Posted By: karenjon Re: sunday lunch - 13th Jun 2011 5:23pm
sounds good really good
Posted By: Snodvan Re: sunday lunch - 13th Jun 2011 6:03pm
The Old Quay in Parkgate - super Carvery menu on all day.
Prices very reasonable - esp weekdays

http://www.crowncarveries.co.uk/find-us/theoldquay.html

Very informal atmosphere - THAT means you can expect a few kids running around. However, I have never found it to be a problem.

Snod
Posted By: Anonymous Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 1:08pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan

Very informal atmosphere - THAT means you can expect a few kids running around. However, I have never found it to be a problem.

Snod

Cheap, awful food IMO.

But to be expected for the price.
Posted By: karenjon Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 1:24pm
have heard good and bad things about the old quay
not bad for price but we taking someone out so would like a little better than than the old quay(bit of posh nosh)
Posted By: madbaker Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 1:39pm
the nelly in wallasey on grove road do 2 for a tenner very good food hot tasty and not kept waitin good beer as well have a great out door area as well
Posted By: Nigel Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 2:24pm
The Toby carvery J12 of the M53 1st exit on roundabout and its on the RH side. Very good.
Posted By: tedmus Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 2:27pm
Originally Posted by madbaker
the nelly in wallasey on grove road do 2 for a tenner very good food hot tasty and not kept waitin good beer as well have a great out door area as well

Only had the Sunday lunch there once and it was awful, Sheridans was not bad for the price but they've started serving frozen roasties now, not good.

Tried the Seven Stars in Thorton Hough the other week, plenty of meat but the rest is a bit mediocre.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 2:36pm
If you want a bit of class then the Clipper and the Queens in Oxton isn't your bag but found the food good and plentiful in both. It's difficult finding a good place but great if anyone on here comes up with one or two suggestions as need a good restaurant for special occasions myself.
Posted By: karenjon Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 2:56pm
have been to the clipper but not the queens
anyone been to the italian job in moreton
Posted By: Anonymous Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 3:42pm
Queens Royal in New brighton is good also try the Bassett Hound
Posted By: Fatfairy Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 3:51pm
The hooton arms does a carvery and there is a voucher in the globe to make it a fiver per person, well worth every penny, I can tell you never to go the chimneys in hooton, we went last sunday and the roast ws very prettily arranged on a plate but i am not exagerating when i say it could have fitted on a butty, and it was a tenner, never again,
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 4:12pm
Originally Posted by Fatfairy
The hooton arms does a carvery and there is a voucher in the globe to make it a fiver per person, well worth every penny
Was there the other day, better than normal selection of meats (Turkey, ham, beef, pork and crackling iirc), usual yorkshire pud, stuffing balls, boiled leeks, mashed carrots, cabbage, roast and boiled tatties and more.

As I love pork and few restaurants do it theses days, it made my day. Chef and other staff were nice but one of the waitresses was a bit sharp, not that it matters much with a carvery.

Guinness was spot on smile

Normal price is around £10 so grab the £5 deal while you can.
Posted By: Fatfairy Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 4:16pm
i thought the carvery was £7.95, but its still worth the full price,
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 4:20pm
Originally Posted by Fatfairy
i thought the carvery was £7.95, but its still worth the full price,
Possibly higher price on a Sunday - we had the Sunday menu on the table.
Posted By: vango Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 8:34pm
Originally Posted by Snodvan

Snod
yip very nice place to eat this and if you want a tea a diffrent day of the week very cheep to still cheep on sundy to tho
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 8:49pm
The best Sunday Roast i've had for price and 'homecooked quality' was in the Victoria Lodge pub in Tranmere.
This was 6-8 years ago, though (maybe new owners)?
Posted By: vango Re: sunday lunch - 14th Jun 2011 8:55pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
The best Sunday Roast i've had for price and 'homecooked quality' was in the Victoria Lodge pub in Tranmere.
This was 6-8 years ago, though (maybe new owners)?

hahah ya thats a long time ago rudebox 7-8 years who knows tho may still be nice smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral