Forums
Posted By: RUDEBOX Mans Bike - 27th Aug 2017 8:08pm
Found in the bushes top of East Street/ Birkenhead Road, Seacombe.

Not a modern bike.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Mans Bike - 27th Aug 2017 10:40pm
Have you thought of ringing Norman Tebbit ?
Posted By: snowhite Re: Mans Bike - 27th Aug 2017 10:53pm
Originally Posted by Dilly
Have you thought of ringing Norman Tebbit ?
raftl you are funny
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 12:36pm
Sexist! How do you know its a mans bike... Even with meat and 2 veg hanging off it is no guarantee these days.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 3:28pm
The Major Differences Between Men & Women Road Bikes

At first glance, they might not look different at all. Women’s bikes are not always hot pink with frilly handlebars, and men’s bikes are not always stark and manly. However, upon closer inspection, you can see the minor differences that make them perfectly suited for their designated gender.
If you’re a woman and you feel you might prefer a men’s bike, or vice versa, consider the following differences before making your decision.

Frame Structure

Not all men and women’s bikes are structurally different. However, many are, and that structural difference affects the top tube of the frame. The top tube is the part of the bicycle that connects the handlebars to the seat. If you’re riding the bike, it’s the bar between your legs.
On women’s bikes that are for more casual riding, this bar is slanted down towards the seat so that the bike is easier to mount. On men’s bikes, the bar is parallel to the ground.
When it’s not slanted down, the top tube still usually shorter on women’s bikes. Women’s usually have short torsos and long legs whereas men’s torsos are longer. For a man and women of the same height, the woman’s bike will likely be shorter in length, but the seat will be higher up.

Seat Shape

Many cheaper brands have unisex saddles that are meant to fit both the men and women’s bike types. This might work for a short commute down the street, but it could get uncomfortable for longer rides.
More serious bikes for women have a wider seat to fit the pelvis and sitting bones comfortably. Men’s bikes have a longer, narrow seat. High quality seats for both genders often have a space between the two sides to relieve perineum pressure. (Learn more about the best bicycle saddles for touring).

Handlebars

The handlebars usually differ on men and women’s road bikes. Shoulder width is a common bodily difference between the two genders, and this is directly reflected in the handlebars.
The handlebars on men’s bikes tend to be wider, and usually measure out to be between 42 and 44 centimeters wide. The handlebars on women’s bikes are between 38 and 40 centimeters to accommodate for narrower shoulders.
Additionally, the handlebar stem is usually longer on men’s bikes to accommodate for their longer arms. The stem is the part of the handlebars that is horizontal, and it is not adjustable. Since most women have shorter torsos, the handlebar stem is shorter so that they can reach it comfortably and safely.
If you’re thinking about buying a bike that is not meant for your designated gender, there’s no need to be ashamed. In fact, most people won’t even notice.

The gender differences in bikes are not leftover discriminations from before women were allowed to vote and work, but are instead structural variances that better suit each gender’s body type.

I didn't find it difficult to ascertain that the build of the bike is 'male' but hey ho, I suppose not everybody is aware of the differences.

Glad to help. smile
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 7:22pm
GOOD REPORT ON BIKE CHOICES....lol
Posted By: Dilly Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 7:33pm
A simpler way to tell a ladies bike is that it will have a basket attached at the front in which she can carry her husbands beer from the offy smile
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 8:42pm
A simpler way to tell a ladies bike is that it will have a basket attached at the front in which she can carry her husbands beer from the offy smile

raftl

Cheers Rude ...now I know.
Not sure what category Stephens bike fits into though.

Attached picture Stephen bike.jpg
Posted By: Dilly Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 9:18pm
Originally Posted by fish5133

raftl

I think it would be classed as a none gender specific Fish smile
Posted By: venice Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 9:25pm
Dont be daft Dilly, that baskets for the make up bag.
Posted By: fish5133 Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 9:51pm

raftl

I think it would be classed as a none gender specific Fish smile

Puts a different meaning on "my bikes got a crossie"
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mans Bike - 29th Aug 2017 10:24pm
Puts a different meaning on "my bikes got a crossie"

Excellent grin grin grin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral