Forums
Posted By: fish5133 £1000 gone the tip - 10th Oct 2015 6:43pm
Oops just heard wifes relative has thrown out £1000 by accident. Hubby picked it up with rubbish and took it tip.probably well gone as it was few days ago.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: £1000 gone the tip - 10th Oct 2015 6:51pm
Ouch!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: £1000 gone the tip - 10th Oct 2015 6:53pm
Which tip?????......well lol
Posted By: cools Re: £1000 gone the tip - 10th Oct 2015 6:59pm
Oh dear, someone's in trouble! Many years ago I put a a gold ring and bracelet in a pocket of a dressing gown as there had been a few houses broke into and I thought they would be safer there. A few weeks later decided to have a clearout get rid of some stuff old dressing gowns etc, took my bags to tip. It was some time before I realised what I had done , I felt sick and very stupid. It must happen a lot valuables and money ending up there. Let's hope someone found it and is waiting for someone to claim it..
Posted By: fish5133 Re: £1000 gone the tip - 10th Oct 2015 7:15pm
How to start a gold rush.. Bidston tip i presume .so wold have gone in household waste or hopefully clothing recycling ..which might make someones day. Not sure if it might be partially covered on house insurance. Had to rescue £100 cheque from grey bin that missus threw out couple weeks back.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: £1000 gone the tip - 11th Oct 2015 8:34am
I have to confess ,years ago i was collecting all birthday cards envolopes to throw away ,daughther 'pipes' up were,s all my birthday money .....................YES IN THE BIN....LUCKLY I WAS ABLE TO RERIEVE... wink wink wink LOL
So easily done .
Posted By: conan Re: £1000 gone the tip - 11th Oct 2015 6:38pm
Oh dear !

This reminds me of years ago.
My sisters boyfriend was saving up for them to get married and had amassed a tidy amount in a shoe box in his bedroom.
It was between four and five thousand pounds.
One afternoon he came home from work to find his elderley father stoking a bonfire burning rubbish.
Yep he had a clear out and under the old pair of slippers he was currently burning in the garden was the shoebox stuffed full of tenners and twenties.
He was totally distraught,angry and tore a strip off his dad.

Totally amazingly the story had a happy ending,he rang his bank sobbing and they said,dig out the shoebox as intact as you can.He did and took it into the bank.
They gave him the money back as apparently they could tell it was burned notes (unless his dad paid the bank the money back and told them to cover his tracks lol)

On a funnier side,i found £40 our road a couple of years back on the way to B and Q.Further on there was more..I stopped the car and got it off the road.
A bit further on i doubled back and found even more,it amounted to nearly £400.
I parked up in a local carpark and walked the route i had drove..
In the middle of my journey i found a ran over wallet with about £40 in and wide open,no address with it BUT a valid B and Q discount car for over 60s,with a bit of detective work i returned all the cash,wallet and discount card to a very happy owner.. happy
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: £1000 gone the tip - 11th Oct 2015 7:32pm
Am careful with money .. however friend of mine lost £400 the other week we back tracked but couldn't find it,then he goes into the Shell garage Eastham a few days later to fuel up his neighbors car which was ready to hand back over `after the work we did on it ... the women at check out had some good news for him,she told him his money was in the safe and to call back Monday .. However if he hadn't of called back in the same car with the `registration number that flagged up on the till, he would of never got his money back, he gave the lady who picked it up £20 for a drink and a big thank you,we looked everywhere else but not there.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: £1000 gone the tip - 11th Oct 2015 7:38pm
Excellent news ......
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: £1000 gone the tip - 11th Oct 2015 8:12pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
Excellent news ......

I admire honesty miss,and I think that decent folk well out number the ones that arent,I found a purse outside the bargain booze shop in lower Neston whilst turning round .. I opened it and found a wad of cash aswell as her ID card, she was the manager of the shop itself and had put it on the roof of her car whilst taking stuff out the boot and forgot but I handed it into the shop where I spoke on the phone with her,before handing it over to the staff.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: £1000 gone the tip - 11th Oct 2015 9:38pm
I,for one could not enjoy ill-gotten money. No way

Mr Rude has found cash hanging out of the 'hole in wall' , woman was on her phone.

An old lady in the post office dropped her purse

And he seen 40 quid drop out of someone's arse pocket, at Wallasey Asda, chased the fella through the car park..

Posted By: fish5133 Re: £1000 gone the tip - 12th Oct 2015 7:12pm
Nice deeds guys. There is something rewarding getting lost things back to their owners that transcends the value. Was down the tip today--didnt see any workers with big smile on face. Would hate to think its just become trash.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: £1000 gone the tip - 12th Oct 2015 7:33pm
There was a story in paper /internet last week were a 'BRIDE' put her wedding dress in a large hanging bag , which hotel staff threw out , the brides mother went down to the tip , spent the day shifting through BLACK BAGS , a member of staff helped out and FOUND dress in remarkable condition .The bride had gone on honeymoon from hotel completly in the dark about situ ......Pity your not so lucky ..
© Wirral-Wikiwirral