Forums
Posted By: cathie sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 11th May 2015 10:46am
So...my friend was sitting in her living room window keeping an eye out on her kids who were playing on scooters outside.

She heard them come in, asssumed they had shut the front door and went on reading a book, the front door was open so some little sticky fingered rat has come in and helped them selves to all the coats hanging on the back of a door.

One of the coats is her partners £200 high vis work coat, with his wallet and all his driving cards in which he needs to get into a truck and to prove he is eligible to drive the trucks, £40 to replace, not to mention his bank cards.

So if anyone sees any coats, kids and adults, dumped around the Dingle Road area can you please let me know as she now has to replace her kids cats too.

All this on top of just having to pay out some substantial sums as her cat had had a brain haemorrhage and had to be put to sleep.
OMG, That is bad ,bas******, that road is very near me ...Will keep an eyes and ears open....
Posted By: Mark Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 11th May 2015 12:50pm
Where is Dingle Road?

This type of crime is all too common nower days.

Check the back allies and over fences, as the coats will be useless to them, the wallet or keys are what there after.
Behind the Shell garage on Borough Road, Birkenhead. Loads of really nice people in that area (including some of our members) but a few ... that should be in chains.

Penalities for these type of crimes is far too low, hardly act as a deterrent, even worse these crimes are often classed as opportunistic, in my mind crossing anyone's private thresh-hold and committing a crime must had a significant degree of pre-meditation, they have time to change their minds.
Been for 2 short walks with my dog ,had a look around, in the 'normal' places that people 'fly tip', nothing ... sorry. Must have had a vehicle at the ready ..
Posted By: cathie Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 11th May 2015 6:19pm
Originally Posted by missmahjong
Been for 2 short walks with my dog ,had a look around, in the 'normal' places that people 'fly tip', nothing ... sorry. Must have had a vehicle at the ready ..

Thank you for looking, it was more opportunistic than anything so probably just someone walking past on Victoria Rd & seen the door open
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 21st May 2015 11:35am
Check next to the electricity unit near the victoria road end. Watch the syringes!
Posted By: dingle Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 19th Jul 2015 2:49am
No I can't beleive. I was born in No. 12 and lived there for 20 years and never heard of anything like this. Did burn a few wooden gates on Bonny night and had a big bonfire next door a bombie from the war.
Damn, i just purchased a house there, didnt think the area was that bad when i viewed it, will keep my eyes open
Posted By: venice Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 6th Feb 2018 10:07am
Cathie if you or she's on Facebook , theres a new group on there called' Crimewatch Wirral' altough it hasnt got a huge membership yet . (Some idiot has put a troll post but bar that it has the makings of a useful group) She could ask people to look out for the coats on their property .
Posted By: Norton Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 7th Feb 2018 2:45pm
Has this happened before and reported on here?. It's just that the main paragraph seems familiar to me from a few years ago..

"One of the coats is her partners �200 high vis work coat, with his wallet and all his driving cards in which he needs to get into a truck and to prove he is eligible to drive the trucks, �40 to replace, not to mention his bank cards."

Does this seem familiar to anybody else? I'm sorry about the loss, but is there a pattern emerging here?
Posted By: venice Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 7th Feb 2018 4:51pm
, Yes just looked you're right its back from 2015! Well spotted .
Posted By: Norton Re: sticky fingered theiving rats - Dingle Road - 7th Feb 2018 7:04pm
Not really.
This is the same topic/post, I just didn't notice the original date and assumed that it was a new one, given that the last reply was yesterday.
That was my bad, i did a search for dingle road looking for any info, seen this post and didnt look at the date, sorry guys
© Wirral-Wikiwirral