Forums
Posted By: russell66 Carpet cleaning equipment stolen from Pensby.. - 10th Feb 2015 7:42pm
My van was broken into last night between 10pm-1am. The ... bags have stolen ALL my carpet cleaning equipment and my ability to earn an honest living. They have stolen over £6000 worth of equipment and I am at serious risk of losing my business now after 10 years of trading. The police have informed me that there are professional thieves that have key fobs that can unlock any van and turn off the alarms. There was no damage to any locks on my van and the alarm was de-activated. This is a list of the stolen items, if you hear of any carpet carpet cleaning equipment for sale PLEASE contact me directly.
PROCHEM DV1700 extraction machine, blue and grey with large clear dome lid.
PROCHEM STEAMPRO extraction machine, blue and grey with 2 grey lids.
2 x 25feet of extraction/solution hose, blue and grey.
2 x 2 jet floor wands, one with missing trigger.
Numark rotary floor scrubber with water tank attached.
PROCHEM stair tool.
Sahara Pro air mover/carpet dryer.
ALL the equipment is LARGE and heavy and is for professional use, they would of needed a LARGE van to move it all. PLEASE keep you ears open, these ... have destroyed my business which I have worked VERY HARD to get up and running.
Please email me at [email protected] if you hear of anything matching this description or call me on 07955 326558
Thank you
Russell
Sorry for your situation, you must be gutted. Some "people" out there will take anything from anybody - they have no conscience. I just hope your kit was insured...
it was insured but the insurance wont pay out as there was no forced entry. Insurance is a rip off.
sometimes some of the more common swear words don't quite describe these people.
Posted By: Mark Re: Carpet cleaning equipment stolen from Pensby.. - 10th Feb 2015 9:58pm
a case for watchdog.
i remember a program where the door of a van was left open as the driver dropped off a delivery.

if i remember he was paid out.
Posted By: Salmon Re: Carpet cleaning equipment stolen from Pensby.. - 10th Feb 2015 11:48pm
I would give the insurance ombudsman the full details and see what they have to say.
Yup insurance is a waste of time and money
I had 40 grands Worth of cars nicked 8 years ago, the ketamine were locked in a sake which was gained entry with angle grinder of some sort.
As the keys were on the premises NO payout and lost my bussines

Good look with your situation
Originally Posted by s7uajones
the ketamine were locked in a sake which was gained entry with angle grinder of some sort.

???
I'll bet s/he meant "...the key fobs were locked in a safe.."
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
I'll bet s/he meant "...the key fobs were locked in a safe.."

Yes, I guessed that. A little proofreading before posting would have helped. wink
So let me understand this: if my house was broken into, my car keys/fob were in the house (even locked in a safe) and the thieves then used them to steal my car, the "insurer" would not pay for the car because "the keys were on the premises"?
That is insane!! Why would anyone pay an insurance company a cent in premiums, for non-coverage like that? Yikes!
Originally Posted by CVCVCV
So let me understand this: if my house was broken into, my car keys/fob were in the house (even locked in a safe) and the thieves then used them to steal my car, the "insurer" would not pay for the car because "the keys were on the premises"?
That is insane!! Why would anyone pay an insurance company a cent in premiums, for non-coverage like that? Yikes!

I suspect that the premises were unoccupied and that's what made the difference.

I suspect that the premises were unoccupied and that's what made the difference. [/quote]

So the insurance only applies when they`re open?
Originally Posted by Giggler

I suspect that the premises were unoccupied and that's what made the difference.

So the insurance only applies when they`re open? [/quote]

No, but if the premises are unoccupied the keys should not be left there. I suspect it was in the insurance conditions.
Yes the keys were locked in a safe
Industrial unit
Not residential
I hope your stuff turns up soon. I was looking for a carpet cleaner recently and always visit the businesses that advertise here first.
Good luck .What a rotten start to the year.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral