Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 5:25am
This bike was stolen early hours this morning Weds 27th from new brighton.

Reward if found and even bigger reward if am told who has it.

Attached picture 20140822_103044.jpg
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 5:46am
It seems the low life dirty thief has left another bike in its place. Which is no doubt a stolen one.
I will upload a pic of it to see if any one knows who's it is. And if it is stolen try to get it back to its owner.
I will put pic up of it when I get in
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 6:19am
This is the bike they left, not a fair swap i dont think lol

Attached picture blue bike.jpg
Posted By: mikroc Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 6:48am
Before pic showed up I thought your new one had been stolen
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 7:51am
Little tramps Think I will get them cameras fitted now, was it taken from your mums, will keep an eye out mate.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 8:15am
Originally Posted by mikroc
Before pic showed up I thought your new one had been stolen
no way would i leave that one outside
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 8:16am
Originally Posted by beehive
Little tramps Think I will get them cameras fitted now, was it taken from your mums, will keep an eye out mate.
yep back of my mums.

Just waiting on the old peoples home getting back to me about cctv, as there camera covers the back gate.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 8:24am
Was going to suggest that to you mate, good luck wink
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 8:53am
Have you informed the police and is it marked for identifying.
Possibly the bike left may be marked and the police may be able to tell you who it belongs to and if reported stolen - either to return to the owner or identify the thief if he/she just did a straight swap with their own bike
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 9:03am
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Have you informed the police and is it marked for identifying.
Possibly the bike left may be marked and the police may be able to tell you who it belongs to and if reported stolen - either to return to the owner or identify the thief if he/her just did a straight swap with their own bike
it's all in hand, police have the bike that was left
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 9:24am
Just been to watch the cctv, and image is as clear as day, 5:36 this morning 2 lads.
Police on the way to get copy of cctv
Posted By: Mark Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 12:05pm
Fingers crossed there know to the police.
Its crap when this stuff happens.
Posted By: Dodgy_Bob Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 27th Aug 2014 9:40pm
WOW! You mean the police actually came to you? I sat in all day waiting after my Boardman was stolen from my locked garage, even after explaining about my son in High Dependancy in Alder Hey and the verbal assurance they would be with me 'within a couple of hours' and apparently they didn't even make the decision to not attend until over 24hrs later! Merseyside Police, totally useless, not interested, not concerned. Me now £600 out of pocket for my bike and a further £180 for the cctv I've now installed. Not even had a visit off a PCSO to view damage, take statement, obtain cctv footage, speak about possible suspects thoroughly disappointed. Any and all opportunities to catch perpetrators totally wasted!
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 7:34am
thought I got lucky there http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/b...t-working-order/1079874840#photo-content

Everything the same except handle bars
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 12:04pm
Well well well, just got a phone call from a lady who spotted my bike after seeing my adverts, so i went to place she said person was, but no sign so i took a ride along the prom, and there is some kid on the bike, who says his grandad gave him the bike back in June, well i called police who called me back and said they can not attend, so i told them bike is coming home with me, i passed phone to the young kid who gave his address to police.

I know have my bike back
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 4:10pm
Now the police have been to my house and took bike while am at work, and phoned me after to say am going to be arrested,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 5:04pm
Originally Posted by Willo_
Now the police have been to my house and took bike while am at work, and phoned me after to say am going to be arrested,

WHAT ???
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 5:24pm
I have made an official complaint and inspector is going to call me.

Police are nothing but useless good for nothings.

It's me that gets arrested for taking my own bike the 999 operate told me to take bike home.

Can't wait to see how far this one gets taken.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 5:29pm
thing is, were you 100% certain the one you took off the lad on the prom was your bike. without serial numbers etc identifying it it's word v word.

Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 7:54pm
I am 110% certain I have pics of bike and marks.
But are the police intrested, like fu.K they are, they are all for the lad who had bike protect him, like fu.k protect the kid give him a kick up the arse
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 6th Sep 2014 8:02pm
Bloody hell! Hope it works out for you Willo. Keep us updated.
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 10:51am
Yes the bike may be yours, but the fact you took it off a minor (child) that also is deemed as theft. What you should of done was to accompany the child to his home address and spoke to his parents. By doing this you would also have an address to pass onto the police, who may have intelligence about the family etc.

You cannot take the law into your own hands, leave it to the professionals, chances are you may be arrested and interviewed. I would make sure you have photos, serial number and proof of purchase/ ownership of the bike to hand for when the police call. In my experience you may just get a verbal warning or caution for taking the bike back. If the child says you took it against his will, ie by force, then get a solicitor.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 1:27pm
Good old Bodie and Doyle, the Professionals will sort it smile
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 1:39pm
Originally Posted by Finney
Yes the bike may be yours, but the fact you took it off a minor (child) that also is deemed as theft. What you should of done was to accompany the child to his home address and spoke to his parents. By doing this you would also have an address to pass onto the police, who may have intelligence about the family etc.

You cannot take the law into your own hands, leave it to the professionals, chances are you may be arrested and interviewed. I would make sure you have photos, serial number and proof of purchase/ ownership of the bike to hand for when the police call. In my experience you may just get a verbal warning or caution for taking the bike back. If the child says you took it against his will, ie by force, then get a solicitor.
I was told by the 999 operator that if am sure bike is mine, then to take it home and police will be in touch. So i don't think i will get warning or anything else, and yes i took it against his will, do you expect me to ask politely "please can i have my bike back"
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 1:49pm
lol.

dont think he would of been polite during the theft.
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 2:37pm
I am not disputing the legal ownership of the bike,but if the kid said he had been given the bike in June and the theft of yours was in August then the there is a discrepancy.
You said you took the bike against his will, if you look up the theft act you will see you are legally in the wrong.
As for the 999 operator telling you to take the bike, these operators are civilian staff and are not trained in the law, as all calls are recorded then when you are questioned about the taking back of the bike ( I won't call it theft as I know that annoys you, but is legally correct) you can call on the recorded call in your defence.
No need for you to get arsey about it I am only trying to help you by pointing out the law and how the police work.
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 2:40pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

I might of guessed you would jump in with an immature quote.
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 2:43pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
lol.

dont think he would of been polite during the theft.

I'm not saying he had to be polite, but there is a correct and wrong way of dealing with this matter. Unfortunately willo was given duff info from a civilian operator which may result in his arrest and possible caution.
Posted By: granny Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 3:40pm
Originally Posted by Willo_

Oh dear! It looks as if the police are just not behaving properly. Two in a week ? I just hope the Chief Constable sees these and manages to track the guilty parties for behaving so intolerably! Of course, they would no doubt have to contact those who are making the accusations also.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/898583/Police_brutality.html#Post898583

Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 3:53pm
Originally Posted by Dilly

I might of guessed you would jump in with an immature quote.

Yes you guessed right ! Get yourself a blue peter badge.
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 8th Sep 2014 7:56pm
Dilly I don't need a blue Peter badge thank you. Willo has broken the law.
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 9th Sep 2014 10:10am
Dilly I don't need a blue Peter badge thank you. Willo has broken the law.

It is a shame Mark has edited my last post as i had only published the truth,
Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 9th Sep 2014 10:23am
Finney I don't know what it is you have against Willo,but your trolling is becoming somewhat boring !
Posted By: Finney Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 9th Sep 2014 10:49am
Dilly it is not trolling or boring, go back to your spanners and let the truth be told. It is not personal against willo , i just do not have any time for low life's that commit crime. Willo was complaining about low life's that stole his bike, he has become one himself by stealing it back instead of leaving it to the police to deal with.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen Mountain Bike - 9th Sep 2014 11:03am
But Finney you troll him when he puts things up for sale, what does that have to do with the law ????
© Wirral-Wikiwirral