Forums
Posted By: Mummy78 Stolen tools and damaged truck - 8th Aug 2014 10:36pm
Hi,
Our Mitsubishi truck was badly damaged tonight (8th August2014) in the car park of the Caernarvon Castle pub in Oxton. All of my partners tools were stolen. He cannot work without them. If anyone has any information on where they are please let me know, he has worked a very long time and spent a fortune building up a good set or reliable tools. The tools included 1 x 18v Mikita and 1x 18v Bosch drills, and a wide range of hand tools. Please if anyone is offered anything let me know. He needs them back.
Thanks
Posted By: Mark Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 8th Aug 2014 10:38pm
Tweeted

Hope you get them back.
Posted By: Heswall1958 Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 9th Aug 2014 5:55am
... - lowest thing to do to take a working man's tools away from him!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 9th Aug 2014 6:00am
You have my sympathies, I know how it feels.
Unfortunately and I hope I'm wrong, there's little chance of getting them back, need to upgrade security and go over the top with it, if need be. Good luck.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 9th Aug 2014 7:17am
Hope he has insurance. Sure vehicle has business use cover frown
Posted By: Mummy78 Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 9th Aug 2014 9:17am
Thanks everyone. Yes we have insurance but the collection of tools have been built up over a long time and some of them will be irreplaceable. Others will take time to source. Our main issue is that we dont have the cash to replace them while we wait for the insurers to approve any payout. This person has put us in a very difficult situation, things were already tight, niw they are going too be much worse. Would be amazing, although I agree unlikely, to get then all back!
smile
Posted By: lansyp Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 9th Aug 2014 9:28am
I seen on Facebook that you had cctv of a black car .did you get a number the reg number and can't the plod trace it
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 11th Aug 2014 11:58am
Originally Posted by Mummy78
Thanks everyone. Yes we have insurance but the collection of tools have been built up over a long time and some of them will be irreplaceable. Others will take time to source. Our main issue is that we dont have the cash to replace them while we wait for the insurers to approve any payout. This person has put us in a very difficult situation, things were already tight, niw they are going too be much worse. Would be amazing, although I agree unlikely, to get then all back!
smile
When you replace all the tools, remember this and how it has affected you both, and next time don't leave tools in back of a van in a pub car park.

I for one would not leave tools of my trade in my vehicle.

Hopefully you have now learnt your lesson, and won't do it again.
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 11th Aug 2014 12:18pm
My husband is a joiner, and NEVER leaves any tools in the van over night .... even small stuff like nail strips for the nail gun . a major PAIN bringing in and every day ... good job we have got a LARGE hallway ... but i HATE THEM THERE ...Spent a fortune on tools over the years ,their his 'babies' ...Don't them the the chance to steal from you ..that's his motto.
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 11th Aug 2014 12:50pm
There was a toilet seat by the entrance of the pub yesterday.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 11th Aug 2014 2:51pm
should not have to hide things, out of order, hope you find them. frown
Posted By: missmahjong Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 11th Aug 2014 3:32pm
I agree that you should not have to 'hide ' or 'remove ' stuff , but they will ALWAYS look and find something to steal .........
And i do feel for there 'loss'.. not nice ...
Posted By: davew3 Re: Stolen tools and damaged truck - 11th Aug 2014 4:11pm
Had a look in Ellesmere Port tat market today, plenty of tools, some ex BT bits but mostly old shed kit, bits that have been on the shelves for years.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral