Forums
Posted By: mike1965 Bikes stolen from Bidston Village at 2am tues - 18th Feb 2014 10:31am
We have had this morning a Saracen mountain bike and a Raleigh ladies bike stolen from our back garden , we have a 6 ft gate and the rats still got in they ransacked the shed and left! Our dog went mad but we didn't realise that we had been turned over till 8am So many thanks to the rats You must be so proud! The moral is if you treasure it lock it up. Any help greatly appreciated we've informed the police but even they say it's unlikely you will see them again!
Posted By: venice Re: Bikes stolen from Bidston Village at 2am tues - 18th Feb 2014 10:50am
Sorry to hear that. Cant see things getting any better either with people finding times so tough it drives some to turn to crime .Sad when you have to nail everything down that moves, to protect it .
Makes you wonder why we have all these surveillance cameras all around the country- apparently we are the most surveillanced people on the globe. Police are happy to use it if they can slap a fine on you but getting a couple of bikes back will cost them time and money.
Good luck
Posted By: Alonso Re: Bikes stolen from Bidston Village at 2am tues - 19th Feb 2014 9:51am
Originally Posted by venice
Sorry to hear that. Cant see things getting any better either with people finding times so tough it drives some to turn to crime .Sad when you have to nail everything down that moves, to protect it .
Sorry to disagree, but tough times or not, these thieves don't break into sheds to steal in order to pay their bills and feed their kids. The country has a raging and endemic drugs problem. Most crime at this level is committed in order to fund the drug habits of wasters who have chosen drugs as their lifestyle. I've never heard of a thief coming before the courts and in mitigation excusing their behaviour because they couldn't feed their family or pay their bills.
Time and time again, defence lawyers tell the courts that their client has a serious drug addiction problem; hence the reason they committed the crime. I look forward to the first time ever when I read that "poverty" was the cause of the offence, with the excuse offered that it was the only way to put a leg of lamb on the table to feed my starving kids on a Sunday, your honour. They can't put that forward in mitigation as their antecedent history is always read out to the courts including what income they have whether that be earned in gainful employment or via benefits.
Originally Posted by Alonso
Originally Posted by venice
Sorry to disagree, but tough times or not, these thieves don't break into sheds to steal in order to pay their bills and feed their kids. The country has a raging and endemic drugs problem. Most crime at this level is committed in order to fund the drug habits of wasters who have chosen drugs as their lifestyle. I've never heard of a thief coming before the courts and in mitigation excusing their behaviour because they couldn't feed their family or pay their bills.
Time and time again, defence lawyers tell the courts that their client has a serious drug addiction problem; hence the reason they committed the crime. I look forward to the first time ever when I read that "poverty" was the cause of the offence, with the excuse offered that it was the only way to put a leg of lamb on the table to feed my starving kids on a Sunday, your honour. They can't put that forward in mitigation as their antecedent history is always read out to the courts including what income they have whether that be earned in gainful employment or via benefits.

withthat
Posted By: Gibbo Re: Bikes stolen from Bidston Village at 2am tues - 24th Feb 2014 3:15pm
Well said Alonso
We had 2 bikes stolen from the village a couple of years ago and I saw a group of locals up on the hill with my bike a year later. Too many of them to confront!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral