Forums
Posted By: lizzer Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 13th Jan 2014 12:16pm
My husband lost his wedding ring yesterday (12th January 2014) whilst wandering around the shops in Heswall frown

It is quite distinctive, and has our names inscribed on the inside (Richard and Elizabeth). If you think you may have found it please get in touch and I´ll provide full description/photo.

Thankyou.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 14th Jan 2014 12:12am
I take it you've phoned all the shops he went into?

I found a ring back in December in Sainsbury's car park, handed it in straight away and no-one claimed it. After a month they gave it to me, but I can't understand why the person who must have lost it didn't re trace their steps from that day.
Also, and this isn't relevant really, but more curiosity. How does someone lose a ring? Did it just fall off his finger while walking or had he taken it off for some reason? I couldn't understand why the person whose ring I found could have not realised it had fallen off.
Posted By: YinYang Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 14th Jan 2014 12:30am
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
How does someone lose a ring? Did it just fall off his finger while walking or had he taken it off for some reason? I couldn't understand why the person whose ring I found could have not realised it had fallen off.

The weather's getting cold. Maybe the ring came off when removing a glove? sherlock
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 14th Jan 2014 12:39am
I always put my rings in His Nibs gligs case, when I take them off....my wedding ring and my '15' - he bought me that for my 15th birthday.

Would flip my lid if I lost my rings.....sorry, unhelpful......

Hope you get it back xx
Posted By: lizzer Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 14th Jan 2014 9:10pm
Hi, we can't retrace steps as we're not from Heswall, we're from East Midlands smile

Have phoned the shops he remembers going into, but no luck. Apparently he went all round flipping Heswall, taking his gloves on and off... he thinks he went into Savers, Boots, Tesco, WHSmiths and "some newsagents and clothes and stationary shops." That just about covers everywhere, then! frown

We've only been married a year and a half, and the ring always was a bit on the big side frown

Thanks for keeping your eyes peeled!

xx
Posted By: CVCVCV Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 15th Jan 2014 5:01pm
Have you looked inside the finger of the glove? (Happened to me once, my wedding ring was missing for months, finally found it, in the glove, the following year, when first needing to wear gloves again!!!)
Posted By: lizzer Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 15th Jan 2014 7:57pm
Thanks, but, no, not in the glove frown

xx
Posted By: sneakypete Re: Lost Wedding Ring in Heswall - 7th May 2014 1:19am
Im really sorry to hear of your loss, ive come across many people who have lost wedding rings. If your ring does not show up i would be more than happy to make you another identical ring myself. You can contact me directly at via Private Message
© Wirral-Wikiwirral