Forums
Posted By: Handbag Stolen petrol generator, petrol strimmer etc . - 29th Sep 2013 1:05pm
Hi all.
Just been up to our allotment in tranmere (church Road) this morning and discovered that someone has broken in and stolen the petrol generator, petrol strimmer and rotivator and set fire to the lock up it was stored in destroying our new shredder and everyones personal possessions and all our gardening tools.

If anyone is offered these items could they lease ring the police.
Feeling very angry and upset at the moment as the generator, rotivator and strimmer had all been bought with the elderly/disabled allotment holders in mind to help make their work up there easier. For many of the disabled and elderly people pn the allotme t it is their only hobby and the only time that many of them get out of the house and socialize. The loss of these items in particular the petrol generator means that some of them are talking about giving up their allotments as the generator powerd a small storage heater and kettle for use over the winter months.
Horrible isn't it. That's why I gave up my allotment years ago. Constant shed break-ins, fencing damage, theft of veggies - after hours of work. Just soul destroying.
Posted By: Uffda Re: Stolen petrol generator, petrol strimmer etc . - 29th Sep 2013 3:35pm
So sorry to hear this, it must be really soul destroying. How about getting the Globe to put an article in the paper? You never know, some local businesses might help to replace some of the items for a bit of free publicity.
Gutted for you guys. The only things i keep on my allotment are a hose pipe and a cheap fork and spade. Bit of a pain wheeling or carrying things up there when needed. The only thing that annoys me is the cat crap-----which is a pleasant description of the turds (can i say that) which nicked your gear. They need burying as well
Thanks for the replies. Our allotment secretary has been in touch with the local papers and there should be an article with pictures in it this week
We have had spates of vandalism on there before, I had eggs thrown from one of the houses alongside the allotments last week. Cant remember how many times I have had fruit and veg stolen too. There are a few people now talking about leaving after this weekend. To me its much more than an allotment its also a little community, and for some people its their only social outlet. There's a gentleman on one of our plots who has been here for 55 years, who took over his Dads allotment. I dont think people realize how upsetting it is when there are thefts/ acts of vandalism.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral