Forums
Posted By: Lorelei Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 4:27pm
Hello Wiki Wirral,

My partner's mountain bike was stolen on the Merseyrail Wirral Line network last night Friday 19 July. My teenage son was using the bike and got on the 8:30-ish evening train from West Kirby towards Liverpool,he got off at Birkenhead North to connect with the New Brighton train when he realised that the bike was no longer on the train where he had left it in the designated bike area of the carriage.

There were no staff at Birkenhead North to report the loss, so my son reported it when he got off the train at Grove Road, Wallasey. at around 9pm or just after.

The Bike is a distinctive "Muddy Fox Hobo" in silver and black with a blue and black saddle. I can post a more detailed descripton soon as my partner will be able to supply more information, however he is working until late tonight so I cannot ask him right now.

If anyone has any information at all, I would be very very grateful if you would please reply to this post.

Thanking you all in advance,

Laura, New Brighton, CH45.

Posted By: Mtgscouser Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 5:09pm
Absolute .... If your on facebook share it with some of the selling groups on there im sure someone might hear something.
Posted By: Alonso Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 5:10pm
Hi, I hope you have informed British Transport Police. There will be some CCTV on the train and at the platforms. Hopefully they will examine any footage for you. Best of luck anyway.
Posted By: Lorelei Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 5:31pm
Thanks for your kind comments and concern. I have contacted the British transport police. Thank you.
Posted By: j_demo Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 6:40pm
wow... the brazenness of some people is unbelievable! i always make sure i sit next to my bike when i put it on the train as i've heard rumours of this happening in other parts of the country, not here!
though maybe if your son was doing the same, the bike wouldn't have been stolen.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 6:53pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
wow... the brazenness of some people is unbelievable! i always make sure i sit next to my bike when i put it on the train as i've heard rumours of this happening in other parts of the country, not here!
though maybe if your son was doing the same, the bike wouldn't have been stolen.

It may not have been possible for him to have sat next to it !
Posted By: zippy44 Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 8:34pm
Your bike was not stolen the person involved alighted the train at Birkenhead north forgetting to take bike off the train it is now at west Kirby station....
Posted By: gopher Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 8:44pm
Well there you have it, go pick it up off staff at Wezza
Posted By: Lorelei Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 20th Jul 2013 9:47pm
Hello,

I am so very pleased that the bike has been found. Isn't Wiki Wirral a great community! - And I'll be having a chat with my son about this......

Thank you very much, Zippy44, for taking time to reply.

I will contact the staff at West Kirby Station as soon as possible.
Posted By: paullivo Re: Stolen Mens Mountain Bike Wirral Train - 22nd Jul 2013 5:25am
birkenhead north station can never be left unstaffed
© Wirral-Wikiwirral