Forums
Posted By: SpongesGirl Touch screen mobile phone found! - 30th Jun 2013 9:25pm
My brother has found a touch screen phone in Wallasey, if you think it may be yours PM me with as much info about the phone as possible. Want to make sure it gets back to the rightful owner.

The phone is locked so we can't get on to see any contacts and there are none stored on the sim card. I will not give out any details of the phone so make sure you give an accurate description.
Posted By: kendo Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 30th Jun 2013 9:37pm
PM sent thanks
Posted By: j_demo Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 30th Jun 2013 9:50pm
SpongesGirl its good to know there's still good people in the world, though not everyone is happy to have something they lost back, i remember i once found someones purse with cards and £250 cash in it, i used the driving license to CYCLE 1 and a half hours to theirs just to drop it off in the rain and all they did was ask me if i took any money, when i said i didn't she just said "good" and shut the door. cheeky cow.

but despite that, everyone else has been lovely when i've returned things, and i always refuse any 'compensation' hoping karma will mean if i lose something, someone will bring it to me (and hopefully not expect any £ for doing so...)
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 30th Jun 2013 9:59pm
Originally Posted by j_demo
.. despite that, everyone else has been lovely when i've returned things, and i always refuse any 'compensation' hoping karma will mean if i lose something, someone will bring it to me (and hopefully not expect any £ for doing so...)
I'm a huge believer in karma and my mobile is an extension of my body now, sad isn't it really lol fingers crossed I find the right person.

Originally Posted by kendo
PM sent thanks
I don't seem to have received it, can you try again please.
Posted By: greasby_lad Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 7:01am
Why not just take it to the nearest police station? They deal with lost and found property. If it is unclaimed after a period (I think 3 months)it becomes legally yours.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 9:44am
Originally Posted by greasby_lad
Why not just take it to the nearest police station? They deal with lost and found property. If it is unclaimed after a period (I think 3 months)it becomes legally yours.

Oh right, I thought the police would just pocket it because it's actually a decent phone which is why we want to personally hand it over to the owner. We've got no intentions of keeping it as we all have brand new phones anyway. We may see if we can plug it in to the computer and access contacts that way. There must be some way of getting hold of someone that knows them or even finding their home number.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 10:29am
When you take it to Mr Plod, make sure you get a detailed, numbered receipt for it. DON'T just let them take it from you with a cheery smile and say something like "We'll get it back to the owners". It slides into a back pocket then!

There are some thugs and thieves in uniform these days. NOT tarring them all with the same brush.... but beware !

Sorry, veering off topic!
Posted By: TheDr Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 11:29am
As you say it's a decent touch screen I'm guessing either a Samsung Galaxy or an iPhone.

If its a Samsung I can remove the lock for you, this will let you see the contacts and search for Mum/Dad or ICE number.

If its an iPhone then it's likely that their address will be registered with Apple via an iTunes account, so if you take it into an Apple store and speak to a manager (not a genius) they should be able to contact the registered user and pass your details on to them.

If its a new Blackberry, it's a lot more hard work.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 11:54am
We'll give it a go tonight with the usb cable, it's not an iphone so I can use any USB for it (obv a phone one that fits, is it called a micro usb or something) I could get on no problem if it was an iphone which is a shame really. From the SD card looks like there is younger children in the family but couldn't tell you what relation and is most likely a woman's phone from the case it was found in. (Sorry if you're the owner and a male lol)
Posted By: rossie Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 7:05pm
You can be charged with theft if you don't report your find to police

Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 7:26pm
Why don't you report it missing to the phone company giving them the sim card number - they've probably been told it is lost already so will be able to reunite it with it's owner.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 7:48pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Why don't you report it missing to the phone company giving them the sim card number - they've probably been told it is lost already so will be able to reunite it with it's owner.

We can't get hold of anyone at the provider and when you do they ask you to log in to your account, useless much? lol If we can't get on to the phone we will give it in because we don't have use for it anyway. Was just hoping someone would see this post first.
Posted By: SpongesGirl Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 8:49pm
WE FOUND THE OWNER WOOHOO!!!! Did a bit of CPR on one of my old phone's and put the sim card in that. The numbers got muddled up with my numbers stored on the phone but obviously I know what my home number is so rang the other number and hey presto!

For anyone wondering it was a blue/silver Samsung S3 Mini hence why we kept hold of it rather then handing it in. Good karma has been restored for my little brother who really needs it at the moment smile
Posted By: kendo Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 8:54pm
yipee Glad you found the owner. Hope they are grateful to you for being so honest.
Posted By: vickis83 Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 1st Jul 2013 11:34pm
Hi hun by any chance is this a HTC desire has a cracked screen and its locked to american Tmobile network? My friend lost hers a cpl weeks ago but thought it may have been stolen and dumped as its no good to anyone x
Posted By: TheEpicSponge Re: Touch screen mobile phone found! - 2nd Jul 2013 9:46am
Originally Posted by vickis83
Hi hun by any chance is this a HTC desire has a cracked screen and its locked to american Tmobile network? My friend lost hers a cpl weeks ago but thought it may have been stolen and dumped as its no good to anyone x

This was an S3 Mini. Good luck in finding the HTC.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral