Forums
Posted By: paulieg Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 12:17pm
My mountain bike a GT aggressor XC3 was stolen from my garage in Prenton on the early morning of Tuesday 11th June. Please see my video below

GT aggressor stolen

[youtube]nNpBYfO_WHc[/youtube]
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 12:32pm
Where about in prenton
?
Posted By: delta6 Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 1:04pm
t***er!
hope you get it back mate
Posted By: paulieg Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 1:32pm
bottom of holm lane it was taken from. He went towards the Noctorum
Posted By: GazLar Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 3:22pm
filthy ... bag. hope you get it back
Posted By: shar215 Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 3:59pm
it looks like this low life has a bit of a limp .looks like an old injury or from childhood . good luck hope you get it back
Posted By: paulieg Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 4:03pm
Originally Posted by shar215
it looks like this low life has a bit of a limp .looks like an old injury or from childhood . good luck hope you get it back

I can't work out if he's walking on his tip toes or he does have a limp. Either way its a quite strange walk! .
Although an identifaction is unlikely due to the lighting and time of morning of the video i would hope you could claim on the home insurance. make sure you get a crime number off the police and a copy of that video.
It's a "possibility" this guy knows the victum as the video suggests he knew there was an expensive bike in there.
another possibility was he clocked the owner in the garage previously and noticed the bike in there as he passed. so ask the owner to think back over the last few days, it's amazing what you can remember. retrace your steps that day always helps.
maybe this guy is a drugs user and he is limping through persistently injecting drugs via his leg but as you say he could just be on his tip toes.
buy yourself one of these " PIR MOTION SENSOR HOME GARAGE SHED BURGULAR ALARM SYSTEM WIRELESS SECURITY KIT " they can be had for £7.99 ( no i'm not the seller lol ) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PIR-MOTIO...STEM-WIRELESS-SECURITY-KIT-/160655475729
could prevent another break in.
good luck !
Posted By: paulieg Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 13th Jun 2013 8:29pm
The insurance company have been fine with me and are sorting it all out. it does seem a little coincidence as I was clearing out the garage on the monday morning and I had the bike propped up on the bins in the driveway whilst i was filling the car with rubbish for a couple of hours. The neighbour with the cctv is going to look through for me during that time on monday morning to see if there is anyone walking past. Thanks for the advice regarding the alarm. Ive just been looking at the PIR lights with the IP cameras built in
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 14th Jun 2013 12:59am
So sorry you had your property stolen by this worthless scumbag! no

He's obviously local because he clears off at 2:05 am, and comes back at 2:12 am, so he lives no more than 7 minutes away. And I'm thinking he's gone back home to get something else that'll get into your garage, because he can't manage it with what he came equipped with.

The courts should lock thieves up, and make them work until they've paid off the cost of their victims loss and damage! mad

Here's a nice thought to leave you with though... maybe he got caught robbing recently, and either got beat up grin , or chewed on by a dog thumbsup (or both! devil) and THAT'S why he's limping!

Let's hope he gets another mauling soon! fight
Posted By: MFranks Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 14th Jun 2013 9:54am
I find it odd that he gestures at 11-12 seconds into the footage, like he signaling to somebody.
Posted By: valli Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 14th Jun 2013 12:56pm
When you get a new bike always secure it through the frame to the wall inside garage or shed. this way if they get in it will be harder to take away..Also get a Rottweiler or German shepherd picture from a pet shop and display this in a prominent area most burglars will pass by, as they don't know for certain there isn't a dog living there.
Posted By: paulieg Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 14th Jun 2013 5:14pm
I think he is waving his arms to see if a PIR light comes on from what I can make out. The police have taken a copy of the CCTV for them to check over aswell as some photos I had of the bike. The police have been really good they were here for 1.5 yesterday getting a statement from and they then went round all the neighbours asking if they saw anything .
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Stolen GT Aggressor from my Garage 11/6/13 - 16th Jun 2013 7:16pm
If you don't mind me asking, exactly how did he gain entry into your garage? I'm assuming it was locked up?
There have been loads of these lately it seems. Im going to invest in a better bike lock I think.... My shed isnt the most secure.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral