Forums
Posted By: Dilly Stolen car - 10th May 2013 10:55am
Hi people, a mate of mine had his ford galaxy stolen from outside his home in Singleton ave, Birkenhead . Registration number is mj08exm. Also there were an iPad belonging to his children, a tent a pram and various other bits and pieces. Any info please pm me. Many thanks. Ps it was around 4.30 yesterday
Posted By: Willo_ Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 11:44am
It must of been towed off, or they had spare keys, as they have chips in keys.
Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 11:55am
Sorry, should have said they stole keys from the house while his wife and children were at home.
Posted By: LaiSan Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 12:07pm
Hi Dilly,

Has your friend tried tracking the iPad?
Posted By: Dilly Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 12:11pm
Cheers Laisan didn't know you could, I will mention it to him. Thank you.
Posted By: Tony_1985 Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 1:17pm
yeah you can track the ipad via www.icloud.com
Posted By: LaiSan Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 1:22pm
Yup, your friend just needs to log into iCloud using their Apple ID (the account they use to buy apps/songs from iTunes).

I hope this helps.
Posted By: sam_n_mark Re: Stolen car - 10th May 2013 10:35pm
Yes and it is pretty spot on, I used it to find my phone when i thought I'd lost it, and in a rush to get to ITU in Aph I'd left it at home thank god! I think it was about a house number out but the road was spot on x god luck in finding everything, when was stolen
Posted By: McFlurry Re: Stolen car - 11th May 2013 7:44am
A bit off topic but worth mentioning I thought, I have a iPod touch in my car plugged into USB port in glove box for playing music I never move it.

Using find my iPhone app I can track my car. So if it ever got stolen I'd know where it was.

Dead handy for those mornings after the pub when you wake up and forget where you parked the car.... I joke.

Posted By: sean Re: Stolen car - 11th May 2013 11:10am
Same happened to our next door neighbour two weeks ago! The thieves must watch out beforehand because they chose a house with big dogs to either side. It's made us more vigilant now though and car keys are under the dog's pillows
Posted By: turnip Re: Stolen car - 11th May 2013 5:16pm
Originally Posted by McFlurry
A bit off topic but worth mentioning I thought, I have a iPod touch in my car plugged into USB port in glove box for playing music I never move it.

Using find my iPhone app I can track my car. So if it ever got stolen I'd know where it was.

Dead handy for those mornings after the pub when you wake up and forget where you parked the car.... I joke.

The find my iphone app only works when connected to the Internet. Same with the ipad so will only work if they are the GPS ones or the thieves have them hooked up to their home wifi.
Posted By: DJDuck Re: Stolen car - 11th May 2013 10:44pm
What happens if :

a) said villan throws ipad out of the window
b) wipes ipad with internet available software
c) turns the ipad off?
Posted By: ZipperClub Re: Stolen car - 11th May 2013 10:49pm
What if Aliens land in Asda`s car park???
Finding the Ipad and finding Aliens A`int going to happen.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral