Forums
Posted By: MrPhil On One 456 Mountain bike stolen!!! Bromborough - 1st Mar 2013 10:23pm
As above.

18inch One One 456 mountain bike stolen from the Royal Oak carpark in Bromborough.

Cash reward to whoever finds it

Bigger cash reward for a name of the robber

one thing i do know is that them things aren't cheap. the new price for one of them is probably on par than my Marin.

i'll keep an eye out and let you know if i see it/one, they're not common round here like crappy halfords 'carrera' bikes seem to be...
Near £2k's worth mate.
slightly more than my Marin then lol

by about £1400... =P

will definately keep an eye out for you!

the little $#!t who stole it probably doesn't even know the value
Nice one mate. Also stolen was my camelback with tools, pump etc.

Effin fumin now.
ouch!

wish you all the best getting them back. got any pics of the bike and bag? even stock google ones would help if we saw said bike or bag in the distance or fleeting glimpse as colours are more identifiable than text on a fast moving mountain bike!
[Linked Image]

On One 456C
Hope finishing kit
Hope R4 light
Slick tyres

Thanks

Phil
Originally Posted by j_demo
one thing i do know is that them things aren't cheap. the new price for one of them is probably on par than my Marin.

i'll keep an eye out and let you know if i see it/one, they're not common round here like crappy halfords 'carrera' bikes seem to be...
my son& another kid had their "crappy" carrera bikes stolen from the school premises ok they aint 2k but they werent cheap & we can't afford to replace it.someone is going round stealing these bikes & id like nothing more than these ... to get done over
Carrera are not crappy imo.

Main thing is sime ... bag has been on the rob.

Last week in Bebington a Specialized bike was robbed aswell.
Sorry to hear this! Its a distinctive bike so hopefully someone will spot it! Did you have it registered with those QR tags or anything?
why oh why do they do this to us? (please dont reply)
Posted By: feely Re: On One 456 Mountain bike stolen!!! Bromborough - 2nd Mar 2013 10:09pm
dont know if its any help or not my son had his claude butler stolen turns out it was at the arc homeless hostle in birkenhead seems as the place is full of really expensive bikes apparently which for young people who are homeless seems really odd to me worth a look hope ya find it we had ours stolen might not be 2ks worth but still pissed us off all the same good luck
Keep a look out on here http://www.gumtree.com/sports-leisure-travel/merseyside
Will do, thanks for the link.

Not expecting to get it back to be honest :-(

In the mean time gonna look for a cheap one on ebay etc.
Also keep an eye on the local for sale pages on Facebook.....Really makes my blood boil the ... who steal pushbikes....Hope you do get it back
Wouldn't you think with the price of these bikes, they'd have something more than just a crappy code fixed to the bike, that can be removed or damaged by the thieving scumbags that nick them?

How about a GPS chip fitted into the frame? Like the new smartphones have? Put it some place where you'd have to wreck the bike to remove it, and maybe they won't be stolen any more.
The code on the frame is in a particular place that if you got rid of it would be useless.

Gutted for you mate. What lock did you have on it?
Was in the back of a locked van, they popped a lock to get in.

It's sickening having a bike robbed.
Bit late now, but for your next one, have a look at this site, they look pretty good and would think worth it for an expensive bike! Would love to see the nobs faces when you turn up with the cops!

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/
the problem with GPS is that it's only useful where a signal can be obtained. So they would just clip on a led pipe or something similar then when they sell it and the person who buys it takes it off it gets tracked to them.
Originally Posted by Headcoat_TheMrs
Bit late now, but for your next one, have a look at this site, they look pretty good and would think worth it for an expensive bike! Would love to see the nobs faces when you turn up with the cops!

http://www.integratedtrackers.com/GPSTrack/

read about them a while back, forgot they existed!

gonna order me a SPYBIKE!
withthat Spybike! Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
Thats awesome!
Still no sightings :-(
So sorry... frown
Posted By: Zubee Re: On One 456 Mountain bike stolen!!! Bromborough - 6th Mar 2013 11:41pm
Do you think that expensive bikes like yours could be 'stolen to order' (like some cars) stored out of sight for a while, then taken to other parts of the country?

There could well be networks of bike thieves operating mad
Wouldn't suprise me.

The parts list on this bike cost a fair few quid so I am extremley keen to get it back.
Some good news, someone is locked up.

Wheels, brakes and forks are now in my possession.

That is good news, how did it come about, you finding out, was the bike broke up, to sell seperately.
Yes, broke up. Can't really tell the full story at the moment as he has been bailed.
Glad you got some good news!
Thanks Headcoat, wishing more parts can be recovered now smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral