Forums
to anyone out there who has a company van-or personal van, large transit type. Last night someone took the full exhaust system from a neighbours van-early hours! be aware all. ! this was taken off the van on a main road in Eastham-under a street light-any info- police have been informed- theres been a recent s[ate of thefts of the same on prenton industrial estate near durley drive...look after your vans all!! how brazen....creepy thieves robbing whilst we sleep! they have obviously done this before, they came equipped!
Sgit that man, they are only after the CAT mate, loads of it going on.

Secure your CAT's by welding access points. smile
what the hell is up with some people for flips sake.
not fair when you have to pay to replace what they have taken.
Yep, especially a couple of grands worth.
fookin ...
I would not be the nicest of girls if someone took anything of mine !
Low life tramps !
We recovered a Ford Ranger a few weeks ago,it had its cat taken. Wallasey village area.
Reminds me of when West Wallasey Van Hire had thefts of there car and van parts including cats http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/8477338.Hunt_for_Wirral_car_parts_thieves/
A few months ago they did the same to a special needs school transit mini bus in Preston pure ...
Dyu think it cud be gypsys i heard they wer down by grampian way last night
Could be anyone, with the high scrap value of some catalysts as they contain gold and other expensive metals.
How much are they worth? I've just de-catted my motor so I have one laying about
depends, anything up to a few hundred quid.
It depends on the quality of the cat, type of cat and condition.

One of my cars is originally supplied with THREE separate cats, yet the car is old enough not to even need one. Sale of the three worn out sections of exhaust with the cats on them paid for a nice new complete custom made stainless steel version.

On the other hand, some are worth nothing at all except for their scrap metal weight.
Originally Posted by sean
How much are they worth? I've just de-catted my motor so I have one laying about
pug 406 ones are worth £100, BMW e36 325 £150 each ect, they have to be standard factory ones though as the aftermarket ones ain't worth zilch.
try scrap yards cats are full of platinum
Originally Posted by sean

Won't that make it an MOT failure?
it depends wht car is off different grades
not all 406 cats are worth 100 pound some psa standard or regular petrol and diesel are not the same
Be wary - these people travel far to steal them. I know of someone who has just been nicked in Lymm for the same thing and he is from Wirral!
Don't know why the ... don't just do an honest days work like the rest of us.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral