Forums
Posted By: Gold_Moon Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:15pm
I live off King Street, Wallasey and my POOR 66 year old Mum has just now disturbed an intruder ripping lead off our kitchen roof! This is the 2nd time it's been vandalised! mad
To the dirty, thieving, smackrat responsible... GET. A. F***ING. JOB!!!! somad
Posted By: Lightning Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:20pm
Pity you havent got cctv camera, would be caught by the evidence being filmed on camera
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:22pm
whereabouts off king street?

hope your mum is ok.

effing scumbags.

Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:24pm
Terrible that

I've herd about people doing this a lot

Idiots arnt they

Hope your mum is ok frown

Tell her get a bloody big dog
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:26pm
St. Brides Road. It's probably the same person who was responsible for the last theft.

My poor Mum is very shaken up.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:31pm
oh no hun. no wonder she is shaken up. hope they catch the ... who did it.
they should get off the drugs and booze pull there weight and get a bloody job.
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:32pm
my daughter lives 2 minutes away.
alot of sheds and that are gettin broken into round here.

its got to be the same little shits doing it.

lock them up and throw away the key. that's after breaking their f;'/.g fingers first.

Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:39pm
And also after letting a big pitbull use 'em for a chew toy! mad

Even if the cops caught them, what punishment would they even get? As everybody knows, (criminal scumbags included!) the law isn't on the side of the victims. no
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 10:43pm
It's wrong frown

Your poor mum frown

I would have to hunt the twunts
Posted By: Moonstar Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 11:15pm
Unfortunately this thieving of lead will only stop when scrap buyers either refuse to buy it or request proof of ownership.

Not only that, it is a dangerous thing to do - scrabbling around on roofs. There could be a terrible accident.
Posted By: jaki1 Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 11:20pm
Originally Posted by Moonstar
Unfortunately this thieving of lead will only stop when scrap buyers either refuse to buy it or request proof of ownership.

Not only that, it is a dangerous thing to do - scrabbling around on roofs. There could be a terrible accident.

that would be a terrible misfortune!!!(if the theiving little shi--s fell through the roof).
god forbid.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 11:32pm

From May 3rd ANYONE selling scrap has to provide photographic identification (Photo D/L, Passport, National ID card) and recent utility bill to prove address.

You have to provide this EVERY SINGLE TIME you go in and it has to be photocopied every single time as well.

This is going to cause chaos, and we all know it won't stop metal theft in any way shape or form, it will just change the way they dispose of it.
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 11:41pm
To be honest, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if the thief DID have a terrible accident. And broke his stinking neck!

We reported it to the police busted They came and had a look and took some details. They arrived really quick considering lead theft isn't seen as a serious crime.

The scumbag didn't get away with the lead, it was dropped outside our house. So I guess that means we'll get another visit. thumbsdown
Posted By: Lightning Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 27th Apr 2012 11:48pm
It is classed as a serious crime hun, they tresspassing on your property and stealing.
its stealing cos they have just taken it without your consent. so it serious. the law needs to get a grip.
pisses me off when probally your mum has worked all her life and they stealling scumbags come and do that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 28th Apr 2012 8:34am
A thing to bear in mind if the thief did fall off the roof and was seriously injured..... The hideous cost of a 2nd Class stamp when you write to summon an ambulance !

Gold Moon - I hope your Mum gets her roof fixed soon and can try and put this horrible event behind her. Do these leakages from test tubes think of the suffering they cause ? We know the answer to that one. Grrrrr.
Posted By: jessiikahh Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 28th Apr 2012 11:06am
Jo there we live just off king street live near the shepards rest pub and have caught people robbing lead an copper in tere and coming up from the cellar etc through the floor also had police round about it but did not arrest the man he was 50 odd and is a very dodgy character he lives in our road too... Are ahead got broken into also and lead/copper robbed also all tools gone this was few weeks ago but it has got to be the same people doin it!!! As we saw this man in the back of the pub we accused him off out she'd being robbed but he denied it

But these are ... and need locking up I hope they get caught very soon or injure them selfs badly
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 29th Apr 2012 12:57pm
... OF THE EARTH!! that's what they are! hope your mum is ok, i can imagine her being shook up about it!
i remember a few years ago my house was re-wired right through and the workmen left a load of bits pieces of wire---and i mean 'bits'-----outside the front of my house and were coming back the next day to clear it all away, well 10pm that night i heard a noise in my front garden----these pieces were left near my front door-----so i opened the door (my son was here at the time so i was'nt alone) and there was this lad rooting through these pieces of wire, he did'nt even stop when i said 'and what do you think you're doing?' he just carried on and said he was going to clear the bits away for me! now i know workmen would'nt come at 10pm, so i told him to clear off and that he had no right being in my garden, he got the bits he wanted and said 'i'll just take these for my house!!' and off he went down the road!!!! my son said it's the copper he's after, he'll strip it then sell it.
he was rummiging like his life depended on it!!!!
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 29th Apr 2012 3:27pm
Originally Posted by Gold_Moon
I live off King Street, Wallasey and my POOR 66 year old Mum has just now disturbed an intruder ripping lead off our kitchen roof! This is the 2nd time it's been vandalised! mad
To the dirty, thieving, smackrat responsible... GET. A. F***ING. JOB!!!! somad

my mum of 62 lives in rice lane, i grew up round there, and cant believe how bad its gone, when i said i was moving to rock ferry she went mad, its bad over there she said, its bad anywhere, and i do agree with you GET A fooking JOB no need for the stealing, if you dont have a job you WILL be on the dole, free rent free council tax, free dental care and free prescriptions, alot more than i get for working full time mad mad mad
Posted By: Handbag Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 4:06pm
Lemonhead, I live in Rice Lane, I've been here over 18 years now, Mosat of the people who live in Rice Lane are lovely people, many of whom have been there for years, problem is from the side streets nearby which are owned by private Landlords who dont give a cr4p who they let their properties to so long as they get their rent. I did run a residents group there for about 5 years. The neighbours in the part of Rice Lane that I live in all stick up for each other, if theres a problem we ALL ring the Police and we all go out into the street to back each other up if need be. The local Police are aware of the problems in the area its only a matter of time before it gets better smile
Posted By: yewgarth Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 4:45pm

They'd get a claim in and win for the roof being unsafe, little gobshites.
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 5:14pm
We keep getting these god damn gobshites scrambling through our back garden as a shortcut cheeky barstard to Tobin Street. We've had multiple break in attempts in the last few months but i've always managed to scare them off. I'm not to be fooked with when my patience is broken. This is the Rice Lane/Springfield Place Area.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 5:30pm
What the hell is Springfield place shadow?
Posted By: Shadow_Omega Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 5:36pm
It's a new road they built on Rice Lane where Woodhall Ave Used to be. The Meyer "officially opened" this road in Feb even though it was finished for months before. It's an alright road.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 5:47pm
Originally Posted by Shadow_Omega
It's a new road they built on Rice Lane where Woodhall Ave Used to be. The Meyer "officially opened" this road in Feb even though it was finished for months before. It's an alright road.

Oh I know now, cheers.
Posted By: netballfreak35 Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 2nd May 2012 6:41pm
I had my lead robbed off my bay window last month it happened at 3.15 am 3 lads with hoodies up,it was my 3 year olds window they climbed on top of,the whole house shook as they ripped it off, the police came and said they would get about £8 for it weighed in so theyve got alot of houses to do if thats all they get!! it cost me over £100 to get it replaced with felt:(
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 5th May 2012 1:17pm
that is just so so sick, i hope the little shits fall off 1 day

i blame the people buying it they are just as bad, if nobody was buying they wouldnt steal it, mad
Posted By: Gold_Moon Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 4th Jun 2012 11:00am
My Mum disturbed 2 people last night, in the back yard of the property next to ours. 1 around 14-15 years old, the other older, she thinks in his 20's perhaps wearing a hoodie. She described them as "scallies".

She asked them what they were doing and the older one mumbled "It's all right love, we're just looking for scrap."!?

How brass necked is that?! And this was at 10:15 at night and in the pouring rain! They got off quick walking down the entry from St. Brides Road to St. Elmo Road (Wallasey) so we didn't call the police. I wish we had though, they might have been able to catch up with them.
Posted By: Lightning Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 4th Jun 2012 11:26am
well at least you know what they look like,probally smackheads,
i think you should have at least reported it,and if they do get caught the old bill have it on record what you reported.
Posted By: rentaclown100 Re: Lead robbing scumbags! - 4th Jun 2012 12:39pm
anyone want to lend my dog. always wanted him to have a bite of [censored]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral