Forums
Posted By: TheDr STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 4:55pm
Stolen early hours of this morning from Old Chester Road.

White
17 Seats
Chequer Plate at bottom of rear doors
Exhaust blowing as I cracked the front pipe in Wales last night

Reg No: N 973 HFR

Stolen after 22:30 last night, only just noticed it missing but told it wasn't there at 12:00

Will put some pictures up later
Posted By: AlexB Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 4:58pm
Is this the bloody wiki bus that someone has half-inched?

The barstard!!!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 4:58pm
Scumbags.
Posted By: Clive Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 4:58pm
It would have to of been towed away, wouldnt it, as i thought it would of had a chip in the key.
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 5:42pm
Originally Posted by Willo
It would have to of been towed away, wouldnt it, as i thought it would of had a chip in the key.
The DR and in case you are not aware of this sort of carry on am also Sorry to disapoint you` but they don't need keys all they are interested in is its scrap value,My mate in work has had 3 of his vans lifted this year parked in and around the port,Have you seen those VW transporter type vans with a hydraulic wheel lift on the back` well one was seen lifting his last one by a local over the road from were it was parked and it was gone in 60 secs,Its pretty much common knowledge were they are all going, sorry for your loss mate
Posted By: rocks Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 6:05pm
the b.stards!!! hope you get it back Dr
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 6:20pm
These arent chipped willo it's too old. May have been stolen for it's engine. They also fit transits and they are becoming hard to get hold of.

Good luck dr. frown
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 7:27pm
[Linked Image] It may have been towed as there is some damage to the tree it was parked under so possibly lifted on a vehicle, I'll know more when the cameras are looked at tomorrow, all the shops have them so there should be some good pictures.

Too old for a chip so may just have been barrelled and driven away, nice Peugeot engine, or might now be a weight in a yard somewhere, it's on the ANPR and the tunnel cameras are getting looked at tonight in case it was taken through.

Strange thing is, yesterday was the first time it had been used since I bought it, needed to collect family and friends from the airport so went to Manchester in that to give it a run.

Oh well, have to look at getting another one, pity, this one worked well.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 7:32pm
Who steals a bus? oshocked
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 7:37pm
Originally Posted by ex0__
Who steals a bus?

If I knew the answer to that I call round and get it back laugh
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 7:43pm
Keep us posted Doc
Posted By: Clive Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 7:43pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Originally Posted by ex0__
Who steals a bus?

If I knew the answer to that I call round and get it back laugh
I will keep look out on my travels, hope you get it back doc.
Posted By: Bench Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 8:29pm
where on Old Chester Road was it?
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:00pm
Originally Posted by Bench
where on Old Chester Road was it?

Outside K&G News (used to be called Candy Box), the shops between Fairfiled and Rock Villa pubs.

Have now found that it wasn't there when they opened at 6am, so definitely went during the night.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:03pm
Dr Neil, you have my sympathy as a fellow car theft victim. I hope it was insured as well as mine was!
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:12pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
Dr Neil, you have my sympathy as a fellow car theft victim. I hope it was insured as well as mine was!

Thanks, I only bought it as it was quite cheap and thought it might be useful for a couple of Wiki-Trips, so only covered it third party frown
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:13pm
M.I.B says it was insured

Of course it was, it's illegal to keep an uninsured vehicle on the road smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:36pm

Why are the Men In Black concerned about your car insurance?????
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:37pm
Thanks, I only bought it as it was quite cheap and thought it might be useful for a couple of Wiki-Trips, so only covered it third party frown

The Wiki-Trip partakers are in mourning and also very grateful for your thoughtfulness!
Thank you.
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:47pm

They said it was on a "Need to Know" basis, and you don't smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:48pm

They said it was on a "Need to Know" basis, and you don't smile

And if you told me, you'd have to kill me?!?!?!?
Point taken!
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:50pm

The Wiki-Trip partakers are in mourning and also very grateful for your thoughtfulness!
Thank you.

I'll just keep my eye out for another one.

iPhone 3G's are getting quite cheap now, tempted to hard-wire & hide one into the car and use the Find My Phone service so I can always see where it is.

Cheap tracker, no ongoing costs smile
Posted By: ex0__ Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 10:59pm
You can pick up gps trackers cheaper than 3g's, only problem is you have to run them on a battery.
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 11:18pm
I know but the trackers come in two types, the types you have to find to download the data (useful for works vehicles) and the type that send out a signal all the time.

The problem with normal trackers, as you say, is the battery. You can hard wire them into the vehicle but my other thought was that a cheap bluetooth unit in the car and you have the best of both worlds.

iPhone 3G are around the £100 mark now, and as the new IOS 5 doesn't work on the 3G I can see a lot of people ditching them for an upgrade.

If it's permanenetly wired doesn't matter about a duff battery and if it's hidden away the screen doesn't even have to work, just thinking out loud basically
Posted By: ex0__ Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 13th Oct 2011 11:43pm
That makes sense, could probably find one cheap on ebay (if not right now at least in the coming months) when people start switching to IOS5 and someone drops one. Might prompt them into switching phones instead of repairing.
Posted By: bert1 Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 5:38am
PRICKS at it again, good luck, hope they catch the barstard.
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 7:28am
ill keep my eyes open as im working around birkenhead today
Posted By: polo_phil Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 7:58am
Gits! Hope it turns up Doc
Posted By: rocks Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 8:29am
when we were in the cctv yday the camera by lidl looks a bit up your rd doc (i know this as i was swinging it in every direction!), ask the cops to have a look wink
Posted By: nicky Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 9:45am
My mate has had one of these dumped outside their house since roughly Sunday or Monday!
Posted By: Wench Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 10:17am
Twunts somad I hope you get it back hon.
Posted By: birket Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 5:35pm
Who in their right mind would steal a LDV, even a scrap man wouldnt take one of them.
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 6:33pm
Obviously someone not in their right mind as anyone with half a brain might have noticed the camera on the corner, or maybe the one on the shop next door or possibly on the one across the road.

They might be forgiven for missing the one in the vehicle facing it across the road or the one on the corner, all recording 24/7

Just waiting for the police to turn up now so I can give them the pictures, but thank you for your concern and best wishes tease
Posted By: lau2908 Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 11:39pm
so sorry to hear about that neil , thats really sh*tty frown post some pics up when u get them x
Posted By: Snickas Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 11:42pm
really do hope you get it back doc and that the thieveing sods are well and truly caught.
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 14th Oct 2011 11:59pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
so sorry to hear about that neil , thats really sh*tty frown post some pics up when u get them x

I've already got the pics/videos, but the police have said that I shouldn't put them on the net, at least not until they've seen them smile

It was parked in front of a couple of shops that I have, with cameras all over them, and the vehicles we use all have cameras in them recording all the time (you wouldn't believe how useful they are), couldn't have got more angles if I'd have tried.

It's annoying more than anything, I didn't get it as I needed a vehicle it was just something someone was saying on here about how trips never get past the "who wants to go" stage as transport is always a problem, and then a few days later I was offered this and thought why not.

It has literally been driven back to the shop, had a diff & engine oil change and one trip to Manchester airport on Wednesday as I thought I might give it a run out (it's embarrassing to go to your car and find the battery flat, solar battery chargers... sooooo useful).

More than anything I'm just pleased that nothing was arranged and I didn't have to let anybody down.

On a positive note I think I have found the ideal vehicle for the Peerless Tour.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: AlexB Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 12:01am
Originally Posted by birket
Who in their right mind would steal a LDV, even a scrap man wouldnt take one of them.

This might be the case, but TheDr has offered the use of this vehicle a fair few times to take members on days out.

It might not have a huge monetary value but it offers us lot an awful lot.

Posted By: Snickas Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 12:11am
Originally Posted by lau2908

I've already got the pics/videos, but the police have said that I shouldn't put them on the net, at least not until they've seen them smile

It was parked in front of a couple of shops that I have, with cameras all over them, and the vehicles we use all have cameras in them recording all the time (you wouldn't believe how useful they are), couldn't have got more angles if I'd have tried.

It's annoying more than anything, I didn't get it as I needed a vehicle it was just something someone was saying on here about how trips never get past the "who wants to go" stage as transport is always a problem, and then a few days later I was offered this and thought why not.

It has literally been driven back to the shop, had a diff & engine oil change and one trip to Manchester airport on Wednesday as I thought I might give it a run out (it's embarrassing to go to your car and find the battery flat, solar battery chargers... sooooo useful).

More than anything I'm just pleased that nothing was arranged and I didn't have to let anybody down.

On a positive note I think I have found the ideal vehicle for the Peerless Tour.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] @ the picture!

Originally Posted by AlexB
Originally Posted by birket

This might be the case, but TheDr has offered the use of this vehicle a fair few times to take members on days out.

It might not have a huge monetary value but it offers us lot an awful lot.

[Linked Image]
Docs generosity is so considerate and thoughtful to wiki members.
Posted By: Clive Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 6:35am
It only seems to happen to the good guys.
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 6:39am
It only seems to happen to the good guys.

Don't, you'll have me all embarrassed smile

It's okay, I'll just get another one, maybe a bit newer laugh
Posted By: bert1 Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 6:51am
I'm not sure what the law is concerning yourself putting pics up of the prick that stole your van, probably contravening some humane rights, if its anything like when my van was stolen it was through my pushing that i got the mug shot on the police website and was able to provide the link. That maybe the way to go, ask the cop in charge of the case to get it put on the cop website and provide the link.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 11:07am
Pretty sure there's no laws that say he has to wait for permission to put camera pics up. He already has permission from the owners of the cameras and that's all that is required.
Posted By: AlexB Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 11:40am
Looking at those with their names down...

[Linked Image]

This seems more appropriate...

Posted By: Pepper_Head Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 12:05pm
Hope they catch the ....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Vanmanone Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 12:49pm
Originally Posted by bert1
I'm not sure what the law is concerning yourself putting pics up of the prick that stole your van, probably contravening some humane rights, if its anything like when my van was stolen it was through my pushing that i got the mug shot on the police website and was able to provide the link. That maybe the way to go, ask the cop in charge of the case to get it put on the cop website and provide the link.
If anything it could confirm my suspicions as to who is doing this wink
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 5:43pm
Originally Posted by AlexB
Looking at those with their names down...

[Linked Image]

This seems more appropriate...

Only on the way home!
Posted By: gypsyjune Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 15th Oct 2011 9:56pm
Looks in good nick that Alex any idea how muck you want for it
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 16th Oct 2011 8:18am
Sorry for the loss doc, is it worth phoning round the local scrappies/metal dealers, see if anyones taken an LDV in as scrap?
Posted By: rocks Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 16th Oct 2011 10:45am
Originally Posted by gypsyjune

omg smack
Posted By: Anonymous Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 16th Oct 2011 10:20pm
gutted for you doc, hope you get the little sh!ts somad
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 16th Oct 2011 10:23pm
Any news Doc? Have the cops reviewed your footage yet?
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 16th Oct 2011 10:25pm
Originally Posted by rocks
Originally Posted by gypsyjune

omg smack
hahahaha.
Posted By: TRANCENTRAL Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 16th Oct 2011 10:25pm
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
withthat
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 18th Oct 2011 5:25pm

Ooh err missus
raftl
Posted By: TheDr Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 18th Oct 2011 6:22pm

Nope, but they have phoned me every day to say that they can't make it at the time they arranged to come to the previous day smile
Posted By: Mark Re: STOLEN - LDV 17 Seater MiniBus - 18th Oct 2011 6:39pm
Keep this strictly on topic !
This forum is not a forum for banter.

Replies only relevent to the topic subject please.

Thanks smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral