Forums
Around 11 this morning I think, at the next traffic lights just west of Asda. 3-4 police cars stopped(with their lights on) and a police land rover coming down the hill from arrowe park (may not have been involved) one of the cars was nose to nose at the traffic lights with a Light brown LDV crew-cab pickup. Couldnt see any other vehicles stopped, but traffic was rubbernecking, slow and building up.

Anyone know what might have been going on?

If it was an accident, hope no-one was injured.

I passed again an just over an hour later and they were all gone
If it was Merseyside Police then it was probably just another innocent victim of BSL! mad #justiceforfudge #sendvenushome pc
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 20th Sep 2011 6:58pm
What are you on about? Fudge? Venus? Eh?
Posted By: AlexB Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 20th Sep 2011 6:59pm
I'm confused.

Oh, and hashtags are for twitter.
An innocent victim of British Sign Language???
Posted By: TheDr Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 20th Sep 2011 7:20pm
An innocent victim of Blood Sugar Level - And they heard there were cheap doughnuts at ASDA

busted
Posted By: Oddone Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 20th Sep 2011 9:33pm
Originally Posted by BridgetMoans
If it was Merseyside Police then it was probably just another innocent victim of BSL! mad #justiceforfudge #sendvenushome pc

What? :S

Wasnt an accident. smile

Breed Specific Legislation! verysorry

You don't here about it in the press to much but basically if you own a dog normally a bully breed for example a staffie, bulldog, or a cross breed and they measure a certain way (resemble a type of dog that is a banned breed) even though DNA etc proves they are not, they can seize your dog and destroy it, even if it is 5 years old and passes all aggression tests.

Lennox is in court on Friday http://www.savelennox.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOrM7hVk6ts

Venus is on Monday - Merseyside Police took her and her litter mate although returned her sister and kept Venus, although she has passed all aggression tests they want her destroyed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ7GGEDie6c&feature=share

Fudge was taken from her home at 5 months old and didn't stand a chance, she was killed within an hour even though she was too young to determine what type she would resemble!

All I'm saying is I see a few friendly amazing dogs being walked about Wirral and running in the parks, if you own a dog that could be thought to be of type then you need to research your rights, your vet will report your dog! http://www.ddawatch.co.uk/

And don't sign anything! eek BSL is 20yrs old now and still they are taking family pets from loving homes! Deed not breed -They are punishing the wrong end of the leash! BSL needs to end or it could be your dog next! Pit Bulls were destroyed and now they are targeting staffie x's etc....
Posted By: puntoar Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 9:06am
Not wanting to go off topic here, but I think that more should be done to tackle owners rather than the dogs themselves. I have a very large dog who has no aggression in her whatsoever, she is always on a lead in the park only this week a woman walking to terriers off a lead laughed when one of them went for my dogs throat; sadly even though in my opinion it was the owners fault for not having the dog under control, a swift kick with a steel toe cap ensured my dog didnt get injured to badly. I agree totally with teh above post
Posted By: Chorizo Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 9:27am
I understand people don't want to lose their dogs but they know the risk when get a dog that looks like it may not be legal. If a dog is an illegal breed there is no wa,y even if they pass the aggression test, that they should be allowed to live. They are illegal for a reason.
what the hell has this got to do with police outside asda???????????????? off topic start a new thread!
Originally Posted by Chorizo
I understand people don't want to lose their dogs but they know the risk when get a dog that looks like it may not be legal. If a dog is an illegal breed there is no wa,y even if they pass the aggression test, that they should be allowed to live. They are illegal for a reason.

A staffie is not illegal, a bulldog is not illegal - when you cross the two they are not illegal, HOWEVER.... If their muzzle or legs grow to a certain length they can deem them as TYPE which means they are not a banned breed but they have characteristics of a banned breed so therefore they can destroy them even if they are 8yrs old, live with 10 kids and have never out a foot wrong.
Pit bulls (illegal breed) are a no no in the UK but in America they are still happy family pets. Its people bringing them up wrong (dog fighting, status dogs) etc that got them a bad name due to their strength. If you look at the statistics BSL does not work, more people are attacked by collies, chihuahua's etc...
Attitudes must change or else next to go will be rotties, dobies and bull dogs! Please don't take my word for it, http://www.ddawatch.co.uk/ I have a labrador, when you measure labradors 90% measure as TYPE although these are not deemed a threat!
Originally Posted by puntoar
Not wanting to go off topic here, but I think that more should be done to tackle owners rather than the dogs themselves. I have a very large dog who has no aggression in her whatsoever, she is always on a lead in the park only this week a woman walking to terriers off a lead laughed when one of them went for my dogs throat; sadly even though in my opinion it was the owners fault for not having the dog under control, a swift kick with a steel toe cap ensured my dog didnt get injured to badly. I agree totally with teh above post

The media are to blame when it comes to bad press for bully breeds, they never report on collie or yorkie attacks. I myself have seen many dogs in Birkenhead Park that could be deemed to be of type but theres not one bad bone in their bodies, they play with my son and my dog and their owners are decent people. However my dog has been bitten twice by a collie and a little golden thing went for me (dont know what it was but it had a long nose) and a retriever went for another lady!
The government needs to regulate breeding because there are too many homeless dogs and also put a 5 yr breeding ban on staffies and staffie x's there are 25,000 of them killed every year.
Originally Posted by Lord_of_the_M53
what the hell has this got to do with police outside asda???????????????? off topic start a new thread!

If we stay on topic then it's gonna be an empty thread - no one has responded to what was going on outside Asda! The Asda moment has passed!!!
erm isnt that why you start a new thread instead of hijacking an old one???
If the Statistics show the usual suspects attack people and rotties dobies and bull dogs, end up on the list "what is the problem"?.The reason they are on the list was not initially a measurement but the behaviour of the breed.Bred to fight and be aggressive gave them a characteristics which included the measurements you speak of. You have to start somewhere and will end when dogs stop trying to eat children.
Originally Posted by Lord_of_the_M53
erm isnt that why you start a new thread instead of hijacking an old one???

Erm.... ok if it means that much to you and you are truely offended that we are not talking about Asda then I'll start a new thread - but as I'm newbie I'm not sure how to do too much on here! Happy?!

Theres something really odd about this site that individuals try to police people's spelling, grammer and ability to go off topic! You would think people would guide people instead of barking rules and orders! That's not just you by the way, I witnessed someone else correcting the spelling of quite an emotional post! #andifIwannausehashtagsIwill they are not exclusive to twitter I can use them to highlight my thoughts #look# laugh
Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
If the Statistics show the usual suspects attack people and rotties dobies and bull dogs, end up on the list "what is the problem"?.The reason they are on the list was not initially a measurement but the behaviour of the breed.Bred to fight and be aggressive gave them a characteristics which included the measurements you speak of. You have to start somewhere and will end when dogs stop trying to eat children.

As humans it has been proven we are capable of murder, if this is more so by blacks, whites or other ethnics should they be destroyed at birth? We are not born evil or aggressive, it is how we are brought up and what we are shown. In any breed a dog can be aggressive. If my labrador bit someone, should all labradors be destroyed!
You punish the deed and not the breed. If there is an aggressive dog that the owner has not been responsible for and it is capable of attacking people then yes the dog should be destroyed. But if the owner should be responsible to! Any dog is capable of biting or attacking. Should we just destroy all dogs?
Posted By: AlexB Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 10:13am

Theres something really odd about this site that individuals try to police people's spelling, grammer and ability to go off topic!

It just makes the whole experience so much easier if people don't start random conversations that have no relevance to the subject matter.

Imagine if there was a group of people having a chat about something at a party, would you just jump into the middle of them and start shouting about something else or would you start a separate conversation?

If it went unmentioned then this place would be carnage and nobody would know where to go and what to read.

By the way dog fighting is illegal and has been for time, this is no longer a characteristic of staffies, Once dog fighting was made illegal in the early 20th century, Staffords became more widely recognized and loyal and affectionate companion dogs. 'Nanny dogs'! It's the dead heads that breed the and continue to use them in illegal dog fights that should be punished for giving them a bad name! These dogs are abused by people!
Posted By: AlexB Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 10:14am
You punish the deed and not the breed.

It's too late once they've done the deed. Prevention is better than cure.
Originally Posted by AlexB

Theres something really odd about this site that individuals try to police people's spelling, grammer and ability to go off topic!

It just makes the whole experience so much easier if people don't start random conversations that have no relevance to the subject matter.

Imagine if there was a group of people having a chat about something at a party, would you just jump into the middle of them and start shouting about something else or would you start a separate conversation?

If it went unmentioned then this place would be carnage and nobody would know where to go and what to read.

i kind of agree with what your on about bridget i have started a new thread for you called dangerous dogs

I passed a comment about the possible goings on outside Asda, no one else did or has - they asked what BSL meant, it got this far! No I wouldn't jump in someones conversation but there wasn't one happening. If someone wants to talk about Asda and solve the great mystery of police cars in Wallasey then I will be quiet and let the chat go on. Jeez! I get it! ASDA ANYONE???
Posted By: AlexB Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 10:20am
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/586389/Dangerous_Dogs.html#Post586389

You punish the deed and not the breed.

It's too late once they've done the deed. Prevention is better than cure.

What so kill all dogs and prevent anyone ever getting bitten again? Humans as responsible pet owners have a duty to ensure their dog is brought up correctly and if needs be muzzled, on a lead etc.... You know if you have an aggressive dog, its up to us to deal with it!
I was looking at this thread yesterday. Do you think the posts have anything remotely to do with the real content of the original post?
The land rover which as the post suggests, was just passing, was outside A.E.at 9.30am.
Posted By: AlexB Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 10:24am

More stuff

Ahem...

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/586389/Dangerous_Dogs.html#Post586389

hi
Just, WOW @ this thread. lol...

Originally Posted by paranoidballoon
The land rover which as the post suggests, was just passing, was outside A.E.at 9.30am.

Thought so, it didnt look like it was in a hurry, nor had its lights on, but as it looked like the 'heat of the moment' had passed thought it may have been relevant..
Posted By: Mark Re: Police Around Asda - Arrowe Park 11:00-12:00 - 21st Sep 2011 3:25pm
Topic locked

Off topic / too many replies to split.

Admin
© Wirral-Wikiwirral