Forums
Posted By: loobyloo re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 6:23pm
Does anyone know whats happening in new brighton ? police everywhere .........
Posted By: Littlebear Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 6:43pm
http://www.wirralcam.org/newbrighton.shtml
Posted By: loobyloo Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 6:52pm
apparently someone has said that they may have found tha young lads body , i hope not frown
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:01pm
everywhere? looks quiet on fort cam
Posted By: buzzbee Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:12pm
I was down there at about 4.40 today and there were a couple of police officers and a couple of lifeguards and two other people all stood by sewage plant looking down into water and then scientific support arrived. We left then out of respect just in case...
Posted By: Expat Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:14pm
Originally Posted by loobyloo
apparently someone has said that they may have found tha young lads body , i hope not frown

Sorry if I have missed something obvious, what young lad?
Posted By: Littlebear Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:15pm
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...olice_By_Fort_Perch_Rock.html#Post571737
Posted By: johncon Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:23pm
this is geting stupid all this speculation.
the thread is already runing so why open a new thread on a whim should this not be left until some real facts are known !!!
Posted By: Clive Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:28pm
Might of had something to do with the overturned truck on m53 junction 2 moreton spur, perhaps the rescue services and police where on the way there
Posted By: Expat Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 7:36pm
Thanks Littlebear, how awful
Posted By: Silverback Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 8:02pm
Originally Posted by johncon
this is geting stupid all this speculation.
the thread is already runing so why open a new thread on a whim should this not be left until some real facts are known !!!

You'll be even more pissed if every time there's police activity they post in the dead pairs post.

Or has everybody got to stop querying police activity on the top end of the wirral until the body surfaces?
Posted By: tedmus Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 8:12pm
Originally Posted by Willo
Might of had something to do with the overturned truck on m53 junction 2 moreton spur, perhaps the rescue services and police where on the way there

It was a car, a Corsa I think, I drove past on the opposite carriageway about 19:15, on it's roof and facing the wrong way.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 8:24pm
Originally Posted by tedmus

It was a car, a Corsa I think, I drove past on the opposite carriageway about 19:15, on it's roof and facing the wrong way.

Easy mistake to make Lorry / Corsa?
And the rumour mill goes on and on and on
Posted By: johncon Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 8:28pm
this needs stoping now
it is totaly unfair to all involved to carry on this speculation
Posted By: Cranky Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 8:43pm
All quiet at 8pm when we came out of the Floral - we were at the Joytime final but left in the interval as the little person is only 6. We were parked in Perch Rock car park and didn't see anything untoward.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 8:59pm
Originally Posted by johncon
this needs stoping now
it is totaly unfair to all involved to carry on this speculation

withthat
Posted By: The_Monk Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 9:02pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner

how is it a rumour if someone has just seen it, that is not a rumour.
so the rumours dont go on and on as someone has said what exactly it was.
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 9:31pm
Originally Posted by The_Monk
[quote=Willo]Might of had something to do with the overturned truck on m53 junction 2 moreton spur, perhaps the rescue services and police where on the way there

how is it a rumour if someone has just seen it, that is not a rumour.
so the rumours dont go on and on as someone has said what exactly it was.
[/quote]

Somebody said it was a truck. Somebody else said it was a corsa. One is not fact so therefore must be a rumour
Posted By: yewgarth Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 9:35pm
aaahhhh but tedmus witnessed it was a corsa, not a rumour!
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 9:36pm
Originally Posted by yewgarth
aaahhhh but tedmus witnessed it was a corsa, not a rumour!

allegedly wink

Posted By: Littlebear Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 10:26pm
I heard the mighty Cthulhu had risen from it's eternal slumber from the bed of the River Mersey. IZ DIS TREU?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 10:28pm

Posted By: sean99789 Re: re new brighton - 4th Sep 2011 11:39pm
Originally Posted by buzzbee
I was down there at about 4.40 today and there were a couple of police officers and a couple of lifeguards and two other people all stood by sewage plant looking down into water and then scientific support arrived. We left then out of respect just in case...

THIS IS FROM THE POLICE AT SCENE WHO I HAVE MET MANY TIMES AND IS HONEST (in my eyes)
Was there when this was going on it was just a coat not mentioned if it could be linked to anything going on or not but there was nothing to see and they departed within five mins of that so couldn't have been anything else in my eyes

Posted By: Clive Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 4:00am

well i just quoted what it said in the globe, the globe said it was a truck,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 7:01am
moan, moan, moan.... smack
Posted By: Anonymous Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 8:27am
The coastguard found a jacket partially buried on the beach which they thought may have belonged to Robbie Crofts. It has been verified over night that this was not the case. This may account for police presence down there.

I was there around 4:45pm, just went for a quick drive in the sun and to see how the development was getting on. It was very busy and people were in the area looking over onto the beach. I have to say my first thoughts went straight to the obvious but it's been confirmed that as of 8am this morning, Robbie is still very much unaccounted for.
Posted By: lauralou2 Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:06am
hahaha just as plausible as any other maybes lol
Posted By: consho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:26am
www.merseymagazine.co.uk
Posted By: Anonymous Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:27am
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...wirral-man-robbie-crofts-92534-29363269/
Posted By: consho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:31am
The Merseymagazine article appears to be the more up to date would you agree?
Posted By: The_Monk Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:41am
Originally Posted by consho

never seen an website owner advertising on a forum so much and getting away with it.
Posted By: consho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:47am
I wish!!!!!!

Monk..it seems to be the only reasoned coverage so far that's why I quoted it..also it is the only local form of media which has criticised the crap which some people are putting not only on this forum but on social websites such as facebook
Posted By: Anonymous Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 9:57am
Originally Posted by consho
The Merseymagazine article appears to be the more up to date would you agree?

I posted the link I posted as you were posting yours. It wasn't there when I hit reply.

Also, I don't particularly trust Mersey Mag.
Posted By: consho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 10:11am
fair comment Nobody

I agree it does not seem to cover as much news as the other sites but I have so far at least found it to be fairly up to date and accurate. I must admit though I hadn't even heard of it until fairly recently so I don't know how long it has been going..in some cases, particularly with some of the personal sympathy messages during the last week it comes across more as a blog than a newspaper does..however, each to his own
Posted By: Anonymous Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 10:28am
That's the problem, you don't know who is behind it and you don't know where they get their 'news' - anyone can set a website like that up.

I would always wait until I saw it in the likes of Globe/Wirral News/Daily Post etc.
Posted By: consho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 10:57am
Nobody...just been looking at the current items on merseymagazine..they are claiming 600,000 hits last month

if that is true, and one must suppose it must be checkable, that is some number of hits to get..it must be popular to get that

just on a personal note..I went to the Mathew Street Festival this year and they have a cracking piece on there at the moment about it
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 11:10am
Isn't it a college/university project tied in with a media course.
Posted By: jenscho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 12:23pm
wow consho I must have dreamt about you!! I honestly had it in my head that I had read on here that you were the editor of merseymagazine!
Posted By: consho Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 12:44pm
chance would be a fine thing !!!!!
Posted By: Mark Re: re new brighton - 5th Sep 2011 5:14pm
Running thread Click me
© Wirral-Wikiwirral