Forums
Posted By: Clive Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:43pm
If any one is planning on driving through liscard or dock road or by penny bridge, dont bover, roads are flooded, and water is shooting up in to the air from all the grids in road, sewage the lot.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:45pm
Originally Posted by Willo
If any one is planning on driving through liscard or dock road or by penny bridge, dont bover, roads are flooded, and water is shooting up in to the air from all the grids in road, sewage the lot.
shocked Flying sewage!
Posted By: Expat Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:49pm
Eee yuk Bezzy!
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:52pm
Wallasey also is flooded, leasowe road, and it stinks.....
Posted By: johncon Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:54pm
do we need so many different threads on the same thing ?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:55pm
New Brighton Station is closed.
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 8:58pm
Originally Posted by johncon

What 2? Either comment on the thread topic or dont post.....
Posted By: torryman Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:00pm
I live in Liscard (Torrington Rd) which is a main road and all the gutters etc are clear, so it must be localised in your area.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:00pm
I drove through wallesy village and yes its rather flooded. The water was flooding up through the grid next to the station. The lightning was spectacular though. The dock road was pretty bad, you could not see where the standing water was so i ended up ploughing through a huge deep puddle much faster than i should.
Posted By: johncon Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:06pm
Originally Posted by ASE71

I was not having a go but look through the other forums before you tell someone not to post !
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:09pm
Just been caught in it. I am absolutely soaked. Got back in the house ... rain stops.

Headed out earlier, the light was amazing, everything was blue.
Posted By: Volly Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:19pm
We went down to the fort at new brighton to watch the amazing lightening display.

Getting back out of new brighton was horrendous.

The amusement arcade next to the chippy was getting flooded - the cars outside had water up to the top of their tyres.
Every drain was gushing out water - it was great
Posted By: Snickas Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:20pm
we live on near the top of the hill and the drains are overflooded (even the water seeped in our house!) up here so it must be real bad on ground level (IYKWIM)
Posted By: Snickas Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:21pm
its starting again frown
Posted By: chipbutty Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:24pm
was really bad driving to bootle, had to take daughter & grandkids home, had to use wallasey tunnel as birkenhead was shut, horrenous conditions, glad to be home safe:)
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:26pm
no flooding here..yet

good for fishing though will raise the water levels back up laugh
Posted By: nicky Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:33pm
I was doing deliveries for the thai takeaway on Wallasey rd and the road was flooded like a river. Stepped out of the car and the water was above my ankles.
Went home after that as didnt want to risk it, but driving through liscard, two young lads came out of Subway, with no tops on, and ran in front of my car for a laugh! Slammed on the brakes and almost went skidding as id been parked in all the water, and just missed them!
Posted By: Griff Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:46pm
Just got back from The Magic Spices on Seabank Rd, we left during our main, water was coming through the windows and also all the lights.
Posted By: Capt_America Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:46pm
Be careful driving down Leasowe Road there are manhole covers missing an ambulance and a taxi are trying to divert traffic around the holes under Wallasey Village staion bridge on both sides of the road.
Posted By: phk68bay Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 9:56pm
the lids on the grids in leasowe road by wallasey village station on both sides had blown off into the air and left a hole in the road. A taxi had driven over one prob damaged his car and an ambulance had stoped before the open grid with its lights flashing to stop anyone else driving into the hole. one side the grid lid was lying about 2 foot away but on the van hire side the lid was no where in site!! so dont know where that blew too!!!! you could hear it making some awful noises blooping and girgling, scarey!!
Posted By: Wally1 Re: Flash Floods - 26th Aug 2011 10:06pm
Originally Posted by Snickas
we live on near the top of the hill and the drains are overflooded (even the water seeped in our house!) up here so it must be real bad on ground level (IYKWIM)

We are on the top of the hill as well and our basements
are flooded - just finished bailing. Even up here the
drains were spouting water. Water seeped into some
neighbours electrics - just sorted that out. It will
be interesting to know how much actually fell on New
Brighton.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 7:37am

Lmao!! raftl were was this I was out in it and never seen anything like that??
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 7:52am
Why do I go on a road trip when the fun starts??

Posted By: TRFCKrisTRFC Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 8:20am
mmmmm, as the inbetweeners would say " were getting knee deep" not in clunge though but in rain/sewage!!
Posted By: Clive Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 8:30am
Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes

Lmao!! raftl were was this I was out in it and never seen anything like that??
by the penny bridge and on Mill Lane by Limekiln Lane, dont believe it, go and check the grids are still up
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 8:38am
It wouldn't suprise me if they have been nicked by now! Just shows how powerful water can be.
Posted By: Katryn Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 8:43am
Originally Posted by ASE71

withthat withthat what ASE71 said.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 8:47am
Sorry have better things to do than go round looking at grids. I Never said I never believed you, i was wondering were about it had happen as I never seen anythink simple as that... And the lmao was at the way you had put It i found it funny that sewage was shooting up into the air. Is that a crime???
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 9:23am
Sorry have better things to do than go round looking at grids. I Never said I never believed you, i was wondering were about it had happen as I never seen anythink simple as that... And the lmao was at the way you had put It i found it funny that sewage was shooting up into the air. Is that a crime???

When I went down Lesowe road trough Wallesy village during the height of the storm it was coming up through a drain next to the railway station and the road was several inches under water but still shallow enough to drive through. It was gushing up above the surface about 2ft but not exactly shooting up in the air like a geyser. Thats my boring eye witness report, accurate as I can make it without any wild excitement.
For the record for those unaware, the surface water drains are separate to the waste water system(sewage).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 9:47am
Thanks for clearing that up kev wink
Posted By: Clive Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 9:48am
Originally Posted by KevinFinity

When I went down Lesowe road trough Wallesy village during the height of the storm it was coming up through a drain next to the railway station and the road was several inches under water but still shallow enough to drive through. It was gushing up above the surface about 2ft but not exactly shooting up in the air like a geyser. Thats my boring eye witness report, accurate as I can make it without any wild excitement.
For the record for those unaware, the surface water drains are separate to the waste water system(sewage).
Thanks for pointing that out, I was unaware of this, I thought it was the sewers that erupted in the roads. My mistake.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 10:04am
Flying dung was more exciting though Willo,spoilt the image now frown
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 10:19am
[youtube]c3v0rJqyCTM[/youtube]
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 3:24pm
i live in a basement flat(1 bedroom lower than all other rooms)whole flat was flooded but the lower bedroom took the brunt of it..still pumping water out (2ft deep) ended up locking the door last night and walked away..was nothing i could do!!!!
Posted By: kamikazi Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 5:33pm
Took me 4 hours to bail out the basement this morning! Hangover had gone by the time I'd finished though.

K
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 5:36pm
Originally Posted by nidgynoo
i live in a basement flat(1 bedroom lower than all other rooms)whole flat was flooded but the lower bedroom took the brunt of it..still pumping water out (2ft deep) ended up locking the door last night and walked away..was nothing i could do!!!!
Oh dear sorry nidgynoo that's awful for you!
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 5:38pm
Originally Posted by kamikazi9
Took me 4 hours to bail out the basement this morning! Hangover had gone by the time I'd finished though.

K
Sorry for you too kami,did you have anything ruined down there?
Posted By: angelina Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 6:17pm
I too was bailing out my utility, kitchen and hallway, for about 4 hours last night, then all over again today.......dont know how am going to dry everything out if the rain comes back again
Posted By: rocks Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 6:23pm
sorry to hear about the peeps that got flooded last night i hope you dont have to go through it again!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 7:32pm
No rain at all last night in north Wales
Posted By: Clive Re: Flash Floods - 27th Aug 2011 7:35pm
And just my luck, today rain most of the day, and my car window wiper motor died, i was parked up for ages just waiting for a chance to go.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Flash Floods - 29th Aug 2011 8:44am
wow!!! have you seen the lightening pictures released in the echo? clicky click
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Flash Floods - 30th Aug 2011 3:37pm

It is Bother! Not Bover!
Posted By: paulph1972 Re: Flash Floods - 30th Aug 2011 4:03pm
Originally Posted by PhilyMc

It is Bother! Not Bover!

so whistle
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: Flash Floods - 30th Aug 2011 4:05pm
Them pics are cool. Thanks for posting.
Posted By: chriskay Re: Flash Floods - 30th Aug 2011 5:50pm
Originally Posted by paulph1972
Originally Posted by PhilyMc

It is Bother! Not Bover!

so whistle

So a little respect for the English language would be appreciated.

Oh, and in Spannerhead's post it's "Those" not "Them".
© Wirral-Wikiwirral