Forums
Posted By: Wizzo Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 5:13am
I live in St. Brides Road, Wallasey, and yesterday (24th Aug) sometime in the afternoon, (still daylight!) someone climbed on our back yard wall, walked onto our shed and tore the lead off our kitchen roof!

We've reported the theft to the police, but if you live nearby, please be extra vigilant with your home security, (warn your neighbours to do likewise,) and if you see anything suspicious, call the police!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 5:17am
Sorry to hear that.

Unfortunately it's all too common.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 7:55am
Correct nobody,sorry to hear this has happend to you but it is very common,I know of loads of people that this has happend too,hopefully the police can find them,as if they had sold it you need a car in most places to sell it,so hopefully get them from reg of car!
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 7:59am
wow desperate times, if people are prepared to do that
Posted By: Littlebear Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 8:31am
You should get onto a couple of the scrap metal places and ask them to keep their eyes open for it - if they can be bothered that is.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 10:09am
That's nothing to do with desperate times it's more to do with idle theiving gits who would rather rob ordinary people than go out and do a bit graft.
somad
Posted By: Silverback Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 1:11pm
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
That's nothing to do with desperate times it's more to do with idle theiving gits who would rather rob ordinary people than go out and do a bit graft.
somad

All depends on the meaning of the post...........

If you get up in the morning after a night of rain, and some scumbag has had it off with your lead flashing the night before, and you get met by collapsed ceilings and flooded rooms, it will indeed be desperate times for that householder.

Posted By: Wizzo Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 4:51pm
Thanks to everyone who's replied. And I'm sure this kind of theft is a common occurrence, but I posted about it to raise local awareness because any one of my neighbours could be next, and forewarned is forearmed!
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 5:05pm
Sorry Wizzo to hear your bad news. frown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 25th Aug 2011 6:54pm
Smackheads, broken glass soaked in poison should help fend them off from your lead.
Posted By: 1971efc Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 26th Aug 2011 8:10pm
its illegal to do know but used to cement broken bottles to the top of garden walls to keep the thieving ... out
Posted By: starakita Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 26th Aug 2011 8:13pm
theres nothing illegal about using carpet grips
Posted By: dave_h Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 26th Aug 2011 8:20pm
Originally Posted by 1971efc
its illegal to do know but used to cement broken bottles to the top of garden walls to keep the thieving ... out

still have it on mine not to mention the mark 1 fist and mark 2 bat. enough said!
Posted By: Helles Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 26th Aug 2011 9:36pm
At least two shops in Liscard road had the lead removed from the flat roof above the shops last week. Main road, right opposite the ambulance station and no one saw anything. We are not talking a small amount here but something that required a vehicle to remove.
Posted By: amaterasu Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 26th Aug 2011 9:46pm
I have PM'd wizzo as I have a fairly vague idea who may be responsible for these robberies - I was stopped on Mount Rd Wallasey a few weeks ago by the passenger of a white van who asked me if I had any scrap metal at my gaff ....I just looked at him and walked on but I did recognise the passenger - its someone I barred out of a pub I worked in years ago for dealing drugs ...I know his first name ...just can't think of his surname grrrrr
Posted By: oscarpops Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 26th Aug 2011 10:06pm
My mum and dads house got the flash band taken off their extenstion roof and most of the neibours houses in rodney st have been done as well
Posted By: hoseman Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 27th Aug 2011 1:10pm
Catch the fookers and wrap the lead round their ankles and take em swimming!!!!
Should be made an Olympic event!!
Posted By: dave_h Re: Lead stolen from roof! - 27th Aug 2011 10:21pm
Originally Posted by amaterasu
I have PM'd wizzo as I have a fairly vague idea who may be responsible for these robberies - I was stopped on Mount Rd Wallasey a few weeks ago by the passenger of a white van who asked me if I had any scrap metal at my gaff ....I just looked at him and walked on but I did recognise the passenger - its someone I barred out of a pub I worked in years ago for dealing drugs ...I know his first name ...just can't think of his surname grrrrr

What type of van etc what they look like, I got lot of lead on myfront which is near the road so wouldn't be hard to miss or steal, just incase they stumble upon my humble abode
© Wirral-Wikiwirral