Forums
Posted By: lansyp my son helped off his motorbike - 30th Jul 2011 11:49pm
some complete idiot helped my lad off his motorbike on conway street tonight ,he now has a badley damaged bike and a broken coller bone and the nice person drove off .the police say they should get them on cctv so hopefully justice can be done .
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 30th Jul 2011 11:53pm
That's awfull:(hope your son is ok?
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 30th Jul 2011 11:54pm
Sorry to hear this Lansyp,lets hope justice can be done.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:03am
Originally Posted by Tombraider
Sorry to hear this Lansyp,lets hope justice can be done.

Agree!
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:10am
cheers the main thing is he walked away could have been worse thanks guys
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:21am
Damaged bike and collar bone mmm just say hope the cctv identify him Lansyp,let us know the outcome!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:25am
Yeah man, hope you find the prick, what vehicle was it?
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:32am
Could be male or female cctv should tell all!
Posted By: poodlepup Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:45am
How awful,barstewards,hope they catch him/her and your son makes a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 1:09am
Discrace isint it!hope your son is ok,and they catch the arsehol*!
Posted By: MikeT Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 5:36am
Originally Posted by lansyp
some complete idiot helped my lad off his motorbike on conway street tonight
Hope your lad will be ok. Seems to be a lot of w*nkers on the roads in this area. I get a lot of tossers tailgating me, just 'cos I drive a mini and they think they can bully me.
Posted By: Clive Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 5:41am
Originally Posted by MikeT
some complete idiot helped my lad off his motorbike on conway street tonight
Hope your lad will be ok. Seems to be a lot of w*nkers on the roads in this area. I get a lot of tossers tailgating me, just 'cos I drive a mini and they think they can bully me.

When ever people tail gate me, I just slam on the brakes, they soon get the message and back off.
There is plenty of cctv on conway street, they will find who it was
Posted By: paxvobiscum Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 7:12am
There are some bad people about. Hope your son recovers quickly Lansyp
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 8:52am
Sorry to read this about your son Lansyp,as you said it could have been alot worse though.
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 9:27am
hi all just to update a little bit .all craig remembers is the car was gold ,he thinks it may have been a rover but is unsure we havent heard from the police yet but they told my daughter that they had the main accident on cctv.and where investigating other cctv images. what pisses me off is that the "person" didnt even stop to see if he was ok .will keep you posted cheers
Posted By: Clive Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 9:40am
The person who it was is peobs sitting at home shi*ing it waiting for the knock on the door, if they where drunk driving the police will never know now, so i hope the punishment they get will be the maximum, but no doubt they will get a slap on the wrist and a 12month ban.
If the car was stolen, lets hope the police can identify the driver from cctv.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 9:51am
Hit and run case!
Posted By: Spannerhead Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 10:24am
Shocking, sick that they could drive off without checking your son was ok, hope he has a speedy recovery...
Posted By: Wench Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 11:35am
Cnuts :m:

Hope he's ok soon.
Posted By: mistybluered Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:12pm
Lets hope they find out who this is and they lose there licence and spend a bit of time behind bars as it is out of order! Hope he gets well soon!
Posted By: chris123 Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 12:14pm
sickening this, could have been stolen/no insurance and so may never know who the driver was. Either that or drunk driver who didnt want to be identified- its shocking how anyone could drive off not knowing the impact of the collision- I hope the person responsible gets his just deserts, how anyone could sleep easy with this on there conscience beggars belief- how awful I feel so sorry for your son and hope he makes a speedy recovery, thank the lord it wasnt fatal which it could have been, the driver wouldnt know
Posted By: sean99789 Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 1:32pm
This is terrible hope they catch the person who did this !!!!
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 3:20pm
quick update .police been on they still trying to trace the number plate but they have confirmed its a gold colour vauxhall mariva
Posted By: Becky02 Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 3:31pm
Thats good news getting somewhere now!
Posted By: fiftyfiver Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 3:40pm
The best trick when they tail-gate is switch on your side lights and accelerate, leaving them in panic.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 3:43pm
Gold rover? Most likely to be a 25 then...

smile
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 4:49pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Gold rover? Most likely to be a 25 then...

smile

quick update .police been on they still trying to trace the number plate but they have confirmed its a gold colour vauxhall mariva

wink
Posted By: MattLFC Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 5:01pm
cheers, my bad for not reading the whole thread smack
Posted By: griffo1202 Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 6:42pm
they will get him ,,,, smile hope ure son is ok
Posted By: phk68bay Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 8:38pm
An elderly person knocked my husband off his motorbike and didn’t even realise she'd hit him, and then promptly reversed over him while he was lying on the ground. He was very seriously injured took him 3 years to recover. So it might be a similar thing they might not even know they've hit him. It doesn’t excuse it obviously don’t get me wrong, it makes it worse that they can hit someone and NOT EVEN KNOW!!!!!! It’s frightening. She got banned from driving and had her licence revoked. Either way not knowing or deliberately driving off doesn't change the fact that this person is a danger on the roads. Hope you son is ok and they trace the person. x
Posted By: mark1970 Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 8:47pm
There can't be many gold Merivas on the road with panel damage. I for one will have my eyes peeled for you.
Posted By: muddypaws Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 9:24pm
are we allowed to advertise this hit and run on our facebook pages, i for one would like to get the piece of crap caught asap, my daughter was knocked off her 600 a few years back and very luckily got away with lumps and bumps, nothing happened to the driver who was rolling out of a side road onto a main road with a white van parked on the road blocking veiw of my girl,but the stupid bint was not looking at all,she was too busy messing with something in the car (according to witnesses) bit nice Mr Plod decided nothing would be done cos of the van.....her bike was a write-off....no points...no nothing....so lets get the word going round for the car involved. And my best wishes to you and your son x
Posted By: Fireblade Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 9:29pm
I think it might look like this,eyes peeled folks

Attached picture untitled.JPG
Posted By: muddypaws Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 9:36pm
will do
Posted By: phk68bay Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 31st Jul 2011 10:28pm
have they said if they can tell if its a male or female yet?
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 1st Aug 2011 10:18am
hi can i just confirm that there is no damage to the car .he cut craig up turning into europa boulivard he came from the left lane right across him ,craig managed to avoid the car but lost the bike and went over the handle bars just missing the car so the driver has got away scot free ,but if he or she is caught it will be a dangerouse driving charge they think
Posted By: FormoD Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 1st Aug 2011 6:29pm
As you know, i've been a biker for over thirty years, you soon come to realise that the roads are swarming with people suffering from tunnel vision, hope Craig is o.k. , hope this doesn't put him off biking.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 1st Aug 2011 6:46pm
How is your son Lansyp?
Posted By: muddypaws Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 1st Aug 2011 8:29pm
anymore news on that car and driver yet Lansyp? x
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 2nd Aug 2011 9:29am
hi all just a quick update,craig is ok he is in a lot of pain at times but good considering .still no news on the car but fingers crossed will keep yous informed cheers paul p.s. cheers formo it hasnt put him off he cant wait to go back on it
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 2nd Aug 2011 11:24am
Thanks for the update and let him know that we are all wishing him well.
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 2nd Aug 2011 6:45pm
the saga continues ,craig now has to have an operation to either plate or pin his coller bone he is so pissed off and still no sign of the nice person
Posted By: Anonymous Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 2nd Aug 2011 6:52pm
Sorry to hear this pal, that's terrible.
Posted By: rocks Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 2nd Aug 2011 6:57pm
oh dear thats not good i do hope they find the tw.at!!
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 2nd Aug 2011 7:02pm
Could turn out to be a driver thats over his or her alcohol limit!
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 4th Aug 2011 10:09am
update .craig is in hospital awaiting surgery,still no arrest though cheers paul
Posted By: Anonymous Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 4th Aug 2011 10:12am
Bad news, sorry it resulted in surgery. How can they not have found the person responsible, isn't there meant to be CCTV bloody everywhere around B'head for obvious reasons!?

Best wishes to him anyway and a speedy recovery.
Posted By: FormoD Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 4th Aug 2011 4:14pm
If I can do anything to help with the bike, give us a shout.
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 4th Aug 2011 4:49pm
Cheer s Dave the bike we think is just cosmetic he has had his op now so can't ride for about 8 weeks or more .his friend picked his bike up and rode it home said it felt ok cheer s mate
Posted By: mrhanky Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 4th Aug 2011 5:31pm
have the police said why they haven't found the car/driver yet? seems strange that they haven't found either yet?
i witnessed a failing to stop on mill lane and the police went straight round to the drivers house once they'd taken statements.

also if you ask them for the reg of the car, you can tell the you need it for an insurance claim, and get form V888C from the dvla they will give you the registered keepers name and address. just in case you want to find out for yourself wink
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 6th Aug 2011 6:01am
apparently the registration is hard to read from all the cameras they have seen so far but they recon they have more to see yet .i would like to see justice done his mother would like to throttle the s**t out of them lol.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 6th Aug 2011 12:08pm
Hard to read? I'm sure they can make out SOME of the reg, and it's easy to check all possibilities of the digits they can't make out. How many of them are going to correspond to such a shit coloured horrible French POS car?!

Having said that, I once had a lump of limestone thrown at my car, causing about £3k of damage. A witness saw it happen, told them the colour of car, type of car and a description of the driver.

Unfortunately he got the registration wrong by 1 fcuking digit i.e. W253 XGJ and the reg of the car was W254 XGJ - so it was pretty obvious as the other reg related to a completely different car down south and I also had a good idea who it was.

Police weren't interested.

Posted By: TheDr Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 7th Aug 2011 3:29am
Originally Posted by Nobody
Unfortunately he got the registration wrong by 1 fcuking digit i.e. W253 XGJ and the reg of the car was W254 XGJ - so it was pretty obvious as the other reg related to a completely different car down south and I also had a good idea who it was.

Police weren't interested.

It happens, a good solicitor would say it was an unreliable witness, and that's the problem.
They're both VW registered numbers, one is a white panel van the other a grey luton, if they'd have described the van and said "I think its...." with the reg number then something might have been done, but if they say "It was..." and it wasn't....

Sorry, drifting off topic a bit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 7th Aug 2011 9:59am
I used the reg numbers above as an example.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 7th Aug 2011 10:07am
apparently the registration is hard to read from all the cameras they have seen so far but they recon they have more to see yet .i would like to see justice done his mother would like to throttle the s**t out of them lol.

hey lets hope the police catch the ...,
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 7th Aug 2011 12:53pm
Hope they get to the bottom off this Lansyp!
Posted By: gemgem87 Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 8th Aug 2011 6:42pm
Sorry to hear this Lansyp, hope he makes a speedy recovery! There are some right tossers on the road these days, and the police drive me absolutely nuts with claims they make and generally being unhelpful, blah blah blah! The worst one is when they say "The cameras were pointing the wrong way", have had that one said to me earlier this year when a car reversed into me after overshooting a red light and trying to get back over the line >:(
Have you considered asking Conway Park train station if they managed to catch anything on their CCTV footage? Dunno if the police would ask them, but they might have caught something with their cameras if they point that way. Just a thought!
Hope he gets better soon, and hope you can get a result from the old bill!
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 8th Aug 2011 7:34pm
new update .nothing to report nothing from the police about the car ,craig still in pain from his op ,he may be able to claim some compo but not sure will keep letting you know how it progresses
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 21st Aug 2011 2:05pm
How is your son now Lansyp?
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 21st Aug 2011 2:10pm
Latest on Craig is that he is selling his bike and going for a car there isn't a lot wrong with the bike so he should get a decent price for it .still no sign of the knob who helped him of it but he should gett ompo for his

injuries
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 21st Aug 2011 2:17pm
what about the cctv coverage?
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 21st Aug 2011 2:18pm
Lets hope they do catch them in the end. Good Luck to Craig,does he need to pass his driving test?
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 28th Aug 2011 3:51pm
Sorry for late reply but yes he needs to pass his test but he is giving up the bike and he deploy.g it and putting in for his car test .still no sign of the git that caused the crash
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 8th Oct 2011 9:29am
for those who are still interested lol .no sign off the car that caused the crash and police havent been arsed if you ask me .craig still in recovery but has decided not to give up bikes (new one arrives today) just thought i would update as i know alot of you read this cheers
Posted By: rocks Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 8th Oct 2011 9:53am
well im glad hes still into bikes it shows hes moving on wink
Posted By: yewgarth Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 8th Oct 2011 11:26am
good luck craig thumbsup
Posted By: Snodvan Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 8th Oct 2011 12:22pm
Good luck to the lad with his new wheels. Getting back on 2 wheels is anyway a good idea because it will get the past problems out of his system - and at some time in the future it will make him a better car driver.

REMIND him that every other road user AND pedestrian is "out to get him" and that he should not take too many risks. No point in saying no risks because it would be a boring life.

Snod (old but still using 2 wheels when the weather is fine)
Posted By: lansyp Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 16th Nov 2011 2:30pm
hi all .the saga continues .craig just been to arrow park and now has to have a further operation and a bone graft to put his collar bone back to right. has to go in friday just thought i would let you good people know thanks for caring paul
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 16th Nov 2011 2:47pm
Oh dear poor kid, he has been through so much! X
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 16th Nov 2011 3:03pm
hope he can get recovered asap
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 16th Nov 2011 3:08pm
Aw so sorry to hear this.
my thoughts go out to your son Paul.
Keep us updated xx
Posted By: reddragon Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 16th Nov 2011 3:51pm
I thought his name was Craig
Posted By: Tombraider Re: my son helped off his motorbike - 16th Nov 2011 4:02pm
Pauls the Dad ????
© Wirral-Wikiwirral