Forums
Posted By: MissGuided Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 10:08am
Hi

Was just coming from Moreton and noticed police parked up by lights going up towards Laird Street direction (Bidston Rise?).

Went into Tesco for petrol and came out expecting to turn left and the road had been closed down. Only closed in that direction, traffic still coming down hill on other side. Suspect an RTA.

Not sure what the reason is but it meant a big diversion back towards Moreton then down Sandbrook and Manor Drive to get to Claughton through Upton!

Also closed for resurfacing is a part of Tollemache Road - the stretch between Upton Road lights going down towards St James. Seems they are resurfacing the bit outside Bidston Avenue School at the moment.

Also spotted a police car going in opposite direction at Upton Rd/Boundary Rd lights suddenly turn on the blues. May just have been pulling someone over, or there is something afoot...

said on the radio that timber had come off the back of a lorry by Tesco
Thanks Bezzy, glad its that than a crash, unless of course it caused a crash shifty
I live just near tesco about a min walk from mine
Originally Posted by MissGuided
Thanks Bezzy, glad its that than a crash, unless of course it caused a crash shifty
thinkNot mentioned on the radio!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 10:16am
Be a nice girl and have a gander for us crab?
smile
hahahahaha will do ste when i can be bothered to get out of bed
Move it crab!
cant be bothered aint walkin on me own!
Ok people im dressed gonna walk down in a about 2 mins x
Don't forget your hairbrush to use as a mike for interviews!

Oh has she gone?????
Posted By: Nigel Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 10:51am
Originally Posted by Bezzymate
said on the radio that timber had come off the back of a lorry by Tesco

Timber dosen't come off the back of a lorry in Birkenhead, It "falls off the back of a wagon" in Birkenhead!
raftl
Turns out that its cableing not,timber!
Posted By: Nigel Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 11:04am
raftl
Turns out that its cableing not,timber!

Even worse in that case especially if it's copper!
Hmmm!,JJay been gone awhile now.Lol
Don't forget your hairbrush to use as a mike for interviews!

Oh has she gone?????

Lol
well ive just come back and there is a wheel of cable missing off the back as i was walking back home it was pulled up just by mine with the police car behind it and the driver in the back of the police car but wen i got nearer to mine it went past mine x
http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9165422.Wirral_rush_hour_traffic_disrupted_after_lorry_sheds_load/
Originally Posted by jazzyJay
well ive just come back and there is a wheel of cable missing off the back as i was walking back home it was pulled up just by mine with the police car behind it and the driver in the back of the police car but wen i got nearer to mine it went past mine x

Good work detective;)
Hahahaha smile
Saw this at 9 this morning turning into Valley Road

Attached picture photo (3).JPG
Hahahaha 1 wheel on its own raftl
Posted By: hoseman Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 10:52pm
That wheel on its own weighs about 3 tonnes!! They had to call Recovery North West with their recovery crane to lift it!
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 11:11pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
That wheel on its own weighs about 3 tonnes!! They had to call Recovery North West with their recovery crane to lift it!
Thank God that this 'incident' did not result in loss of life/ injury and/ or major damage to propertys and livelihoods.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 28th Jul 2011 11:11pm
Originally Posted by hoseman
Thank God that this 'incident' did not result in loss of life/ injury and/ or major damage to propertys and livelihoods.
it was a massive reel of wire there was four on the wagon an the back one rolled off nobody else involved. Good job nobody else involved that thing would of well crushed a car easy.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Hoylake Rd closed from Tesco twds Bidston Rise - 30th Jul 2011 12:05am
Surprised it was still there at 9 in the morning.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral