Forums
Posted By: Abismum Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:19pm
Does anyone know what is happening in Liscard by poundland ?
Posted By: sean Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:22pm
everything reduced to 50p maybe?
Posted By: Abismum Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:26pm
There is/was police and fire engines
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:28pm
Originally Posted by sean
everything reduced to 50p maybe?

Lol
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:31pm
There are police cars, fire engines, and from the roadside (Wallasey Road) down to Supernews has all been cordened off. There is a green substance on the steps between Barclays and Poundland. An attack of some sort, people in Liscard were saying it was Mercury no confirmation though. The fire fighters are telling everyone to keep well away from the cordened off area and there is a car the otherside with a "pass with care" LED sign in the back.
Posted By: Spence Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:33pm
Related to the stuff found in New Brighton? Probably kids chucking it around.
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:35pm
[Linked Image]
Posted By: quackers Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:42pm
i heard there was a bomb scare dont know how true this is though
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:43pm
Blow up Liscard? Sounds like great idea for redevelopment smile
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:49pm
A few pics

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The "green substance"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ASE71 Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 3:53pm
Do you think this is related to the graffiti attacks on the banks a few weeks ago?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:00pm
The "green substance" has been identified as "Salad".

Residents of Liscard said they'd never seen anything like it before.
Posted By: sean Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:09pm
Originally Posted by TheDr

haha grin
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:40pm
whats the green substance on the step, looks like washing up liquid. anybody know what the commotion wa a bout, did the person who ttook the pics ask the police by any chance . thanks sarah
Posted By: Silverback Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:41pm
Probably "ectoplasm", think they called the wrong people to deal with it!
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:46pm

Attached picture Ghostbusters_Slimer_bobbleh.jpg
Posted By: sarahdavo Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:51pm
I thought mercury was silver , its liquid metal isnt it, so how can the green substance be related to mercury ?
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:52pm
No I didn't ask the police, however a fire fighter was also taking pictures of that green substance. People did go up to the police tape to ask but were immediately told to back away. Not sure about the mercury link thats just what people around the shops were saying.
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 4:53pm
Originally Posted by sarahdavo
whats the green substance on the step, looks like washing up liquid. anybody know what the commotion wa a bout, did the person who ttook the pics ask the police by any chance . thanks sarah

maybe somebody sneezed ( bless you )
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:14pm
lol somebody doesnt like the banks laugh

About time someone stood up to the rip off *****`s anyway!

smirk
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:16pm
its all labours fault people stop blaming otherwise, labour sent us spiralling back into poverty with its free benefits for all system and the open door policy thats who u want to point the finger at
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:21pm
clap ste im hearing you mate, do you remember when some fella spread all cow s*** over a bank a few years back, raftl
Posted By: Snickas Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:21pm
ambulances are now on way, they just past mine
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:23pm
shell88, anymore pics
Posted By: Shell88 Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:27pm
No sorry those are all I took, that was about 3.45pm. I was only going to get some shopping but I never go anywhere without my camera lol. Anyone heard any more?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:29pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
clap ste im hearing you mate, do you remember when some fella spread all cow s*** over a bank a few years back, raftl

raftl yeah, didn't he use a tractor/JCB or something?
Haha.
Posted By: Helles Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:53pm
Originally Posted by HistoricalTony
its all labours fault people stop blaming otherwise, labour sent us spiralling back into poverty with its free benefits for all system and the open door policy thats who u want to point the finger at

Thank god they did too. Some people would still have the means test and selling your furniture to survive. There but for the grace of god go you!
Posted By: Karmacam Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 5:56pm
Originally Posted by Helles

Thank god they did too. Some people would still have the means test and selling your furniture to survive. There but for the grace of god go you!

This.
Posted By: consho Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:24pm

NEWS ITEM ON MERSEY MAGAZINE

An area around Liscard Shopping Centre was cordoned off this afternoon as police and firefighters investigated a "suspicious" liquid which was on the floor in the area of Barclay's Bank

Wallasey Road was cordoned off as an investigation team took photograghs and samples of the liquid and the public were advised to stay clear of the area

Merseyside Fire and Rescue Service has informed Mersey Magazine that the liquid has proved harmless and the area is now being returned to normal
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:29pm
laugh

You have to laugh.
Posted By: RUDEBOX Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:32pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
laugh

You have to laugh.
withthat
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:37pm
Pavement Pizza
raftl
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:38pm
yet another waste of tax payers money busted i wonder who made the call to say it was something bad, i was down town today and if i seen some green stuff on the floor i wouldnt phone the police or fire
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:43pm
Probably Elfin Safety Lemonhead
Posted By: paulph25 Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:57pm
Was it the grease from a Greggs sauasge roll?
Posted By: HistoricalTony Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 6:59pm
Originally Posted by Karmacam

This.

haha that reminded me on the world in action versio0n of birkenhead, if ya a smackehead, scrounger etc, there is nothing doen for ya. anyone can get a job its all about drive if u want it u will get it
Posted By: thegoff Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 7:22pm
i was thinking that
Posted By: Silverback Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 9:31pm
Originally Posted by Karmacam
[quote=HistoricalTony]its all labours fault people stop blaming otherwise, labour sent us spiralling back into poverty with its free benefits for all system and the open door policy thats who u want to point the finger at

This.

haha that reminded me on the world in action versio0n of birkenhead, if ya a smackehead, scrounger etc, there is nothing doen for ya. anyone can get a job its all about drive if u want it u will get it [/quote]

If I was an employer the last thing I'd do, out of respect for my business and any customers, would be to employ smackheads, wino's, and the ... that are breeding our future lowlifes!!

Posted By: lemonhead Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 9:45pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Probably Elfin Safety Lemonhead

its all gone crazy ss whats the world coming too
Posted By: bigcdh Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 10:17pm

LMFAO
Posted By: MissGuided Re: Liscard - 17th Jul 2011 10:42pm
Originally Posted by bigcdh

LMFAO
Except on a doner kebab, covered in lashings of chilli sauce.
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Liscard - 18th Jul 2011 12:26pm
However, this morning a spokesman revealed that overnight lab tests showed the green substance to be common or garden cat litter.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/9...ct_closed_after__chemical_alert_/?ref=mr
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Liscard - 18th Jul 2011 12:27pm
...and looks like they got pics from this site, I trust whoever took them gave them permission.
Posted By: consho Re: Liscard - 18th Jul 2011 12:31pm
what is interesting about this story is that it appeared on Mersey Magazine on Sunday afternoon, yet the Liverpool Echo and the Wirral Globe did not have it until today..Mersey Magazine appears to be put on line by one man and a few university students..I check it out every day..good luck to them,
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Liscard - 18th Jul 2011 1:10pm
Lol, photos by Wikiwirral raftl
Posted By: Mark Re: Liscard - 19th Jul 2011 10:45am
Originally Posted by Headcoat
...and looks like they got pics from this site, I trust whoever took them gave them permission.

They contacted me to see if they could use them. I gave them the permission provided the source was included and it was. smile
Posted By: derekdwc Re: Liscard - 19th Jul 2011 11:05am
Originally Posted by Mark

They contacted me to see if they could use them. I gave them the permission provided the source was included and it was. smile

So,is the Wirral Globe now a member of wikiwirral or is it a case of phone tapping wikiwirral tapping to get latest news.
Posted By: ChrisNewcastle Re: Liscard - 21st Jul 2011 4:05am
withthat
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liscard - 21st Jul 2011 4:15am
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Originally Posted by Mark

So,is the Wirral Globe now a member of wikiwirral or is it a case of phone tapping wikiwirral tapping to get latest news.

Pics are property of wiki, are they not?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Liscard - 21st Jul 2011 7:08am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Lol, photos by Wikiwirral raftl

raftl
© Wirral-Wikiwirral