Forums
Posted By: The_Monk McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 9:44am
just been past mcdonalds on new chester road and there was two police cars and a unmarked police car with a blue light placed on the top parked outside then went past again half hour later and they had gone and there was a large police transit van with police dogs on the side. anyone know whats happened.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 9:55am
Donuts are half price?...

Sorry... New Chester Road as in the Rock Retail Park one?
Posted By: The_Monk Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 9:58am
Originally Posted by polo_phil
Donuts are half price?...

Sorry... New Chester Road as in the Rock Retail Park one?

lol
yep thats the one mate
Posted By: Nigel Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 1:40pm
Cant say that's anything to do with migrant workers?
Posted By: blkmini01 Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 3:34pm
They usually meet up when on breaks when doing police driver pursuit training.

The unmarked car with the blue light is driven and followed by the marked police cars for training purposes.

See them there a few times having coffee inside and talking etc.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 7:01pm
I notice the Bromborough one is 24 hour now, apart from Sundays.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 12th Jul 2011 7:12pm
Police will generally do anything to avoid doing a bit of work or getting their hands dirty taing on a criminal, so they were probably in there eating, during work time.

Many years ago, when the meets were at the rock car park, there used to be a running joke about the police flying past with blues on, in a hurry to get to KFC. I thought it was obviously just a joke, until I actually saw a plod come flying down behind me towards the end of the new ferry bypass, 80mph+, blues on, then as I got to the roundabout, saw the car slithering into KFC.
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 6:42am
I agree, I know they need to train but why in gods name do they use the sane routes? What it means is that about 4 times a day a couple of cop cars fly past my office sirens blazing, I am usually on the phone to a customer and need to apologise, they are actually degrading the area and the property value in it. General public don't know if it is training or not, no one wants to live where cop cars are flying around small towns at 60 mph!
Posted By: StuyMac Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 7:11am
I think certain roads are rat runs for the emergency services, as they are generally clear, and they can make good progress along them.

I think they also have a list of banned roads, which arent to be used unless there is only access to the emergency using that road....
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 7:11am
I live near to the police station in liscard and what annoys me is when they're all pulling out the station in the middle of the night using their sirens all the way to where they are going! Wakes the whole neighbourhood up especially in the summer plus probably alerts the criminals that they're on the way.
Posted By: reddragon Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 11:23am
Ref: Bromborough McDonalds it's 24 hour thurs/fri/and saturday according to the sign outside
Posted By: reddragon Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 11:39am
nb in addition to above post thats only the drive thru
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 6:11pm
I hate it when they switch the neenah on just as they are passing me and I'm walking. It sets the tinnitus off good style, barstewards.
Posted By: Bench Re: McDonalds New Chester Road - 13th Jul 2011 9:04pm
I was lucky enough to get a picture on my mobile of them outside McDonnalds...

[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral