Forums
Posted By: TheDr Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 3:20pm
A friend of mine called me in tears at midnight last night, her parents had gone away for a few days leaving her to look after the house, just before midnight she hears a noise, went downstairs and found that somebody had broken in.

This house normally has a (very) large family there, so for some low-life ... to break in on the one night there is a teenage girl alone they must have known (it must be getting around that pensioners fight back).

The police have been and recovered some "useful" evidence, and there are now a few people staying with her until the family comes back.

They took:
32" silver CRT TV (now they are heavy)

37" Philips Plasma TV

Freeview Box (£10 ASDA jobbie)

These items aren't exceptionally valuable, and at least she's okay, but these are a hard working family and these items had only just been replaced from the last time somebody broke in there, understandably everyone is very upset.

The house is on Seymour St near St Caths/Co-op, so if anyone hears anything it would be useful.
Posted By: poodlepup Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 3:24pm
Hope she recovers from the shock quickly,fingers crossed they catch the scumbags!
Posted By: bert1 Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 3:32pm
I'll second PP, if only people wouldn't buy knocked off gear these scumbags would have no way of getting shut, its about time the thief went to jail and the person who buys it sit with them, and for many years, not 5 minutes and their out again. PRICKS.
Posted By: Bezzymate Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 3:35pm
True Bert but,they will always find someone to take it off their hands,especially in aa recession.
Posted By: Silverback Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 3:50pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
This house normally has a (very) large family there, so for some low-life ... to break in on the one night there is a teenage girl alone they must have known).

Friends, family, and neighbours.
Social networking sites visited by aforesaid people, suddenly the circle of those in the know increases dramatically!!

Plus if they've been done before the ... often return to see if the items have been replaced!!

Posted By: lemonhead Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 4:35pm
thank god she didnt go down there when the scumbags had got in, thanks god she is safe and well, i hate people like this ..., GET OUT AND GET A JOB,
Posted By: Silverback Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 5:52pm
Originally Posted by lemonhead
GET OUT AND GET A JOB,

They've got a job, and a job they're very good at too.

They're second hand movable property dealers.

And judging by the meteoric increase in thefts of all kinds of late, their happy and satisfied customer base is increasing.
Posted By: free_spirit Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 9th Jul 2011 10:36pm
i hope she's ok and yes thank god she didn't go down earlier..

hopefuly these low lifes will be caught PDQ
Posted By: tango Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 12:07am
Low lifes !! hope that it happens to them
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 6:28am
It's surprising how many burglaries there are up in that area, our kid's been done over too. It's got to be the same low lifes each time and the sooner they are caught and banged up the better. Glad the girl's alright.
Posted By: rocks Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 9:28am
yes its defo in the area still as two happened in my sons rd in tranmere/rockferry last week so peeps lock up good and dont advertise to anyone when your going out, even on here as you dont know whos reading it!!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 9:47am
That's also why you should never put your address on a public forum.

Sorry to hear about this, these burglaries seem to be rising, something needs to be done.

Maybe the adoption of punishments from other countries would help but then again that's when human rights and all that talk comes into it.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 10:00am
Fuk human rights. It's Time we followed other countries on punishments, it is proving are punishments are not working, not makeing anyone think twice on what there doing. Were to soft that's the problem...
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 10:05am
I agree frog but the idiots that run this country seem to think it's a bad thing.

Given recent punishments (if any are given) it's hardly surprising people are starting to take the law into their own hands.
What gets me is it's the victim of the crime that gets harsher punishment for it.
Posted By: MediKated Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 7:33pm
God I hope the young girls ok, we had a break in while we were all home in the middle of the night and the barstard had the cheek to come into our bedroom. Scariest thing about it was I heard someone walking around the stairs and landing and thought one of the kids was out of bed so it was obvious thats this guy had checked the other rooms (the kids bedrooms) before ours, thank god it was just a scumbag burglar and not a nutjob god only knows what else might have happened. For such a long time after I was obsessive about checking locks on the doors and windows before bed. Has the victim support been out to see her? they offer counciling and all sorts, they even arranged for us to have a free alarm fitted and security lights which made me feel a lot better. Hope shes doing ok.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 8:02pm
That's awfull:(I hope the girl is ok?
Posted By: lemonhead Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 8:25pm
human rights, if she confronted the intruders, and they got hurt, who is in court, yes the innocent party, the poor person who got broken into busted
Posted By: Pumpkinpie Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 8:37pm
used to live in seymour street, it was a rough place then, dunno what its like now tho, just glad to get away from there!!!!
Posted By: Pumpkinpie Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 10th Jul 2011 8:38pm
hope the girl is ok too
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Burglary 8th July 2011 - 11th Jul 2011 2:34pm
Good security as well, and visible at that. There's cameras overlooking all entrance points to our house, as well as a police linked ADT alarm.

Make it as difficult as poss for them.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral