Forums
Posted By: Tatey Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 5th Jul 2011 6:51pm
As of 1930 there seemed to be a single male on top of the Hotel Victoria site crane next to the control room. There is a heavy police & fire attendance. Could be seen clearly from Albion Street which was blocked off by police.
Can you confirm where this is? Albion Street in Birkenhead, or the one in Wallasey ? Thanks
Can't be Wheels this time - he's got an alibi.

Guess its New Brighton.
New brighton mate
sure it aint a UE gone wrong?
sorry about quality

Attached picture Photo0045.jpg
Attached picture Photo0046.jpg
Attached picture Photo0047.jpg
Attached picture Photo0048.jpg
Any ideas what he is doing? If anything?
he is shouting down , but can not make out what, i heard him say he's not coming down
God knows, something has upset him
Willo are you there now?

I'll come meet you?
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Willo are you there now?

I'll come meet you?

oops do you mean winter!
He's threatening to jump.
omg its sad that people resort to doing things like this, what could be so bad you want to do something like this, thumbsdown hope the poor guy gets down save and sound
I suggest anyone standing there watching this goes home now. I seen a lad fall, repeat fall years ago in Lairds from a similar height and its not something that leaves your mind quickly.
Hope he gets down safe. Starting to get dark now and it must be windy as hell up there.
Bert that is so sad for you.X
It's just starting to piss down so maybe he'll change his mind now. I'll second Bert's comment though - having dealt with the aftermath of a fall from height, it's not pretty or pleasant.
I REMEMBER THAT DAY AS WELL BERT, WAS UP ON THE STRUCTER WATCHING WHAT WAS GETTING DONE WHEN IT HAPPENED, A BAD BAD DAY.
He is saying "get them to tell me what I'm wanted for".
I think he's protesting about an assault he is innocent of if I heard correctly.
He's saying about a breach of his human rights, getting charged with something he hasn't done.
Is there a proper Negotiator, there?
How many popcorn munchers are there?
Loads of peeps here but can't hear what the police are saying.

He's going on about being stitched up for burglary and he's grassing the lad up that did it.

He asking for a solicitor to come and saying he doesn't wanna go to jail tomorrow.
guilty or not, he will be getting charged with something for tonight drama, very very sad if he has done nothing wrong,
They have told him he won't be charged if he comes down I think but he is refusing thinking he will be charges with burglary and damage to the crane. (stiched up).
It's raining and hard to hear now, he's just standing there.
I hope there is a Negotiator there!
This sounds like a Protest. Not a potential suicide, IMO.
A person with suicidal Intent would have gone up there in the dead of night and just 'do it'.
However, suicidal ideation is a completly 'differant brew'.
I'm not going to speculate on whether the guy has S.I or 'on protest'. He should be, i hope he is-being tended to by professionals.
Police won't let anyone near although I am in my car and haven't tried walking due to the rain. Most roads blocked off.
as summer has said he could slip as the rain is coming down pretty damn quick now, hope he gets down soon
yes summer, its crap, its not right people get that way,
There's no possibility of him slipping off the top, I guess he could slip on the way down if his feet get wet.
If the guy has been stiched up he will have no trust in the police and is obviously the reason he is asking for a solicitor.
Well the rains getting worse and I'm getting hungry so I'm heading off home for some munch and to play dead space 2 smile
please spare a thought for the firefighters, paramedics and yes, even the police(!) who have to stand outside in this rain until a conclusion is met.....
hopefully a peaceful one and i agree with rude - suicides "usually" just go and do it without a crowd - hope this follows the normal pattern
verry sad to think that tonight might be his last night on earth a little slip and its over for him but what about the people he leaves behind if he jumps or falls its them who have to live with his death even all the people rubbernecking will feel sick and will never get the image of him falling to his untimely death its not just him who needs help its also family members and the people trying to get him down he is verry selfish in my eyes
Well, this is why that i hope there is a negotiater!
Deal with his concerns/ issues at Ground Level.
Just fookin jump and let everyone get on wit there lives innit
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 5th Jul 2011 10:03pm
Latest news so far
lets not right him off yet hes still alive!! ha
Originally Posted by summer01
Originally Posted by LilJen
Just fookin jump and let everyone get on wit there lives innit
thats well out off order

withthat
There's always one think
hey lets hope he does'nt jump he is someones son, or dad or brother, think about them
Summer, do you think he may come down now its cold and dark?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 5th Jul 2011 10:13pm
Has anyone considered he could be a bungee jumper?

"Oh he's jump, no he hasn't, oh hang on, he's jumped, no, no he hasn't...."

Let's hope this resolves it self soon.
Bang out of order ....heartless, and foul language should be deleted.
Would you have come down by now Summer?
he will come down one way or the other thats a cert
Originally Posted by scary
he will come down one way or the other thats a cert

Isaac Newton.... think
he may be lapping up all the attention hoping people will feel sorry for him but sorry in my eyes this person when or if he comes down alive should be locked in a loopy home and the key lobed away for a long time if he is going to jump i believe that he would ov done it by now lets face it he must have his family in tears now
van halen springs to mind with there song ??
bloody hell hes been up there a long time now, i think he will come down safe, as on early posts he would of jumped by now,
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 5th Jul 2011 10:26pm
van halen springs to mind with there song ??

I was thinking Buzz Fizz.
There's a lot of people out there living on the sharp edge of the sanity razor...let's assume this guy is one of them. You don't climb a crane to just say 'poor widdle me'...I hope that when they get him down (alive please) that he gets the help he needs. Let's not assume that we know the entire story.

*steps off small box*
Whats he been accused of Summer?
All the people that are there watching and waiting for him to jump are sick!! How would you be if it was your friend or family???

Get a life and get to bed and let the police do there bloody job!!!
well thats up to the courts to decide on weather he did it or not dsnt give him the rights to put other peopples lives at risk by the poor people trying to help him how many people would have to live with that image ov him plumiting to the ground and hearing the thud of humain life ending
Originally Posted by Steve123
All the people that are there watching and waiting for him to jump are sick!! How would you be if it was your friend or family???

Get a life and get to bed and let the police do there bloody job!!!
Its in the the blood Steve...that's why people used to turn out in flocks for public hangings...
It's the worst sound ever, you will never forget it so I would just leave!! Why would anyone want to see it anyway pppffft
well thats up to the courts to decide on weather he did it or not dsnt give him the rights to put other peopples lives at risk by the poor people trying to help him how many people would have to live with that image ov him plumiting to the ground and hearing the thud of humain life ending

We live with you decimating the English language don't we? smile
Let's stay on topic.

Any news hounds still out there?

well lets face it he never went up there to fly a kite did he the man defo needs help but again what about the stress he is putting everyone thrugh
there are some sick people out there, as people have said, if he did jump they would run a mile, just so they can say to there mates in work I WAS THERE I SEEN IT ALL,
I doubt the people hanging around at the bottom waiting to see if he pulverises on the pavement are stressed.

There's all too much of this going on lately, I know it happens all the time. But...Maybe it just seems like alot more because it's brought to our attention. Gotta be at the bottom of the barrell to think that this is the route to go. It's the families I feel for frown
Hope there's someone able to talk him round.
Let's blame the weather....
Personally, i find the popcorn crowd distateful.
Can it be classed as "rubbernecking" think

...or just a morbid interest?
As of rite now they r moving the cordon back he's still there shouting down that he will jump took some pics cos my mate drove me down to check it out

Hes got a thick Scouse accent which dunt surprise me like as he int gonna be a well spoken fella is e.

Anyone else still ere come and say hello to me am in denim skirt with umbrella standing on Albion street by Portland
i personaly have witnesed a couple of jumpers when i lived on the woody eastate the sound will never leave your head and the sight ov a person plumiting to there death is so sickening my advice to all you rubberneckers is simple go home and then you will be able to sleep otherwise nightmares for a long time playing over in your mind
1 of the fellas was gutted e missed emmerdale cos of this idiot

Anyone else still ere come and say hello to me am in denim skirt with umbrella standing on Albion street by Portland

Just those 2 items omg I hope youre not standing on corner....
no defo van halen sang the song might as well j--p
any update? Just heard loads of sirens in the distance.
Originally Posted by StuyMac

U wish lad
raftl

Oh please! Nobody forced him to stand and watch. It's not the end of the world missing shite like that anyway.

Originally Posted by ex0__

We live with you decimating the English language don't we? smile
raftl

I did wonder about that comment too, but more along the lines of how insensitive to be touting for business at such a time raftl
Originally Posted by Wench

Oh please! Nobody forced him to stand and watch. It's not the end of the world missing shite like that anyway.

https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/images/graemlins/default_dark/that.gif
withthat withthat withthat withthat
Its a good job we can have a laugh.... raftl

Now - BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!!! noonoo
Originally Posted by Wench

I did wonder about that comment too, but more along the lines of how insensitive to be touting for business at such a time raftl

When opportunity knocks... think

Back to topic - is there an update?
Just been past on the way home from a mates house and he is still there. Must be soaked to the skin and freezing cold.
I was only out for ten minutes and I am.
he wonderin how the hell he gonna get the crain home lol
Originally Posted by Winter
sorry about quality
I can hear the MerPol helicopter. I do hope it's not over him. Wet surface + rain + sea breeze + downdraft = mess no

Why ask for a Solicitor now though? If it's got to the stage where he's been questioned or charged over it he would have had one anyway. He's had ample opportunity to name the person who allegedly did commit the supposed crime. Failing that, there would be ample opportunity at the Mag's or Crown to speak to the Duty Sol or even tell the Magistrate/Judge/CPS so that further investigation can be carried out think
The charge cant have been that serious if hes out climbing cranes.

They dont let you go for a midnight wander when on remand think
Disgusted at the insensitivity, here
Blabla some dick wants to attention seek let him we all know at least one attention seeker, right sum?
I think you could be right.

So, to save any more speculation, locking the thread.

Hopefully it wont make the papers tomorrow if the police can find a resolution......
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Disgusted at the insensitivity, here

He's still alive AFAIK. Some of us deal with stuff like this day in & day out so have "gallows humour".

I have to say I think it's a daft thing to do - there are better and easier ways to get your point across without putting yourself and others at risk. Do I want him to fall/jump? No! That would be unfair on his family and those that have to clear up the mess.

If I'm perceived as insensitive because of that, so be it. I stand by my views. It's very easy to be "pink & fluffy" about things when you don't actually have to deal with them first hand (no that's not a dig at you Rude). I don't do "pink & fluffy", I do reality.
We ask where possible to remain sensitive to members / family's feelings. But this is a New Forum and we can report on what we have seen, not hear say. Only when the facts are known can an opinion be formed. Local new is Local News.
Local News will always be a sensitive forum, this doesn't mean we cant report what we see. If we dont then were not a news forum.

I have re-opended this topic for now.
There have been several reported posts about the insensitivity with in this Topic / Forum. This Topic will be reviewed and any Notified posts deemed justified will have accounts suspended.

There is one whole follow on thread that has been removed from the forum for review. Please allow up to 24hrs for the review to be actioned.

Please keep this on topic and just remember you may even know a family or friend that is effected by any of the local news / street news stories.

Remember especially in this forum respectful opinions are welcome, its not really the place for jokes!

Admin
the fellas down now and was up there hours but did come down slowly as in not at terminal velocity youll be happy to know
full story here Wirral four-storey crane scaled by man as police negotiators called in

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/#ixzz1RJDn5dHw
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/live...e-negotiators-called-in-100252-29001967/
Thanks jen smile
Thanks for the info. Glad he is safe,but I think he will be in a lot of troule now though.
A colleague of mine has represented the youth who was on the crane in the past. Obviously I cannot and will not divulge names and/or details but suffice to say that this chap does indeed have some issues that need addressing.

Troubled is the word, not a bad kid.

I'm extremely glad he did not fall or slip from the crane, which was a distinct possibility given the high winds and driving rain from yesterday evening.

Kind regards,
Ian
Hope he is OK Boogles. Thanks for the information.
Cool Echo pic

mad story wonder what the out come will be ??

Description: Picture from the Echo
Attached picture crane-new-brighton-460-102677584.jpg
thought it was TC on a UE at first glance
looks like a UEer smile
Apparently from Deeside and something to do with the police it said on the radio today.
Check out the tregs...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 6th Jul 2011 8:37pm
Bystander said local accent. It was thick scouse!
Thick scouse...makes me think of lumpy gravy.
Originally Posted by Nobody
Bystander said local accent. It was thick scouse!

Have you heard the way some people supposedly from the Wirral speak lately? It's worse than a Scouse accent!! It's as if they are trying to "Out Scouse" the Scousers. It's my "fingernails down a blackboard". Really grates on me. Some North Wales border accents are similar.
Haha. The "doo do dont dey do" brigade. With a suitable 'hard' dog? wink pmsl
Originally Posted by summer01
accent or that dosent matter at the end off the day he is or has got rights

I didn't say he didn't, I was merely commenting on some local accents shifty
chap does indeed have some issues that need addressing.

"Issues" do you mean problems?
My problem is, how much did it cost the ratepayer/taxpayer to get the gentleman down?
Didn't even have the decency to wear a Spiderman suit or a Batman outfit. Waster!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 7th Jul 2011 8:45am
Originally Posted by Tatey
chap does indeed have some issues that need addressing.

"Issues" do you mean problems?
My problem is, how much did it cost the ratepayer/taxpayer to get the gentleman down?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-14042026

So he is suspected of assault and burglary which, for some reason, made his "unstable" and climb a crane. Of course, I can see why members here want to support the poor soul. In fact, we should get behind the poor burgular who was hurt in Rodney Street.

arrested on suspicion
arrested on suspicion

Of being a thick Scouser? Surely not.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 7th Jul 2011 9:26am
arrested on suspicion

...so was the guy walking into someone's house in Rodney Street!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Male on top of the Crane at Hotel Victoria site - 7th Jul 2011 9:27am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
arrested on suspicion

Of being a thick Scouser? Surely not.

raftl
My colleague went out in the night to speak to this lad unpaid and helped get him down. She must have been mad .
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
arrested on suspicion

...so was the guy walking into someone's house in Rodney Street!

If I knew the name & address of the old boy from Rodney Street, I would like to buy him a basket of groceries or similar.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral